EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Off-Season Sports & The Lighter Side › Humour and Fun Stuff › 05 K2 Snow Ski 170cm w/ Marker M26 bindings Ebay Fraud
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

05 K2 Snow Ski 170cm w/ Marker M26 bindings Ebay Fraud

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
http://cgi.ebay.com/05-K2-Snow-Ski-1...QQcmdZViewItem

I sure laughed when I saw these for sale...
I think i have a pair back home tossed in the attic somewhere...
post #2 of 21
But have you got the '05 model??
post #3 of 21
I love the $50 shipping. They must be sending them by armoured car!
post #4 of 21
I love the bidding.

so, who's going to pay $50 shipping on an 11.00 bid?
post #5 of 21
"Easily carved turns...extra width underfoot for a stable platform...no need to re-drill..."

Sounds like somebody knows what they are talking about.

They're lying through their teeth, but they know what they are lying about.
post #6 of 21
Thread Starter 
I couldn't resist. I messaged the seller, and said that based on the pic, it did not look like a 2005 ski:

"Thanks for the point. We are not the experts and the guy who sold me this ski told us it is 2005 model. Whatever it was it doesn't matter anymore. That is why we are selling so cheap."

I wonder what the "expert" (Sports Authority) sold it to them for?
post #7 of 21
Funny you should ask. Look at these two auctions, by seller frank zhou:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120028012076

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120028009074

Winning bid- $152

hmmm. The plot thickens. Do you think jennykk01 is a real person?

Notice that frank_zhou bid on gina_dacey's auction:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230022249377

Now read the text of that one. Hmmmn.

I'm with Whiteroom on this one.
post #8 of 21
That binding is from the late 1980's.

It's non-indemnified.

It's not "adjustable to fit anywhere from a size 4 to 13"

The ski is from the same era as the ski.

Saying it is a "2005 model worth $395+ $170 for the binding" is a LIE. It's not a mistake, it's not an accident and it shouldn't be acceptable. People here know it's not a good buy, but someone will end up with it. Thats a crime.
post #9 of 21
Sure.

But even if I didn't know all that, if I saw -that- bidding pattern elsewhere I wouldn't touch the auction with a pole.
post #10 of 21
You gys should message e-bay's fraud group about those auctions. Some well intentioned potential skier is likely to get ripped off.
post #11 of 21
I think you should be able to leave comments on an item even if you aren't bidding/buying. That could save some poor soul from getting ripped.
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by comprex View Post
The plot thickens. Do you think jennykk01 is a real person?
Real person, proxy bidder. It happens all of the time. I like the description "170 106 / 72 / 98" Uhhhhh... I think he meant 72/72/72

Also, if you look and the Q&A he states the reserve is $200 or ODO. ODO must stand for _____________? Fill in the blank!
post #13 of 21
Thread Starter 
ebay fraud has been notified. This listing was just bugging me...
post #14 of 21
Well obviously those skis and boots are being sold back and forth between Frank and gina, and oddly they are both from Greensboro, NC. The whole song and dance about buying them from sports authority when you can see the same skis sold on acution 120028009074 is just unreal. :

Hope you expose this guy. BTW, this isn't humor any more...considering moving this
Watch out what you pay for out there folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by comprex View Post
Funny you should ask. Look at these two auctions, by seller frank zhou:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120028012076

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120028009074

Winning bid- $152

hmmm. The plot thickens. Do you think jennykk01 is a real person?

Notice that frank_zhou bid on gina_dacey's auction:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230022249377

Now read the text of that one. Hmmmn.

I'm with Whiteroom on this one.
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteroom View Post

Sounds like somebody knows what they are talking about.

They're lying through their teeth, but they know what they are lying about.

Even for the boots: "The flex rating is a moderate 55, so you have excellent stiffness for familiar black diamond runs and plenty of comfort for cruising the blue runs all day long." :



Whew! And I was having second thoughts that the 80 flex Nordica Beasts I just bought weren't going to be stiff enough for me...
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post
Well obviously those skis and boots are being sold back and forth between Frank and gina, and oddly they are both from Greensboro, NC. The whole song and dance about buying them from sports authority when you can see the same skis sold on acution 120028009074 is just unreal. :

Hope you expose this guy. BTW, this isn't humor any more...considering moving this
Watch out what you pay for out there folks
Anybody familiar with these skis? They look pre 2000 to me
I inquired on the date and dimensions of these as possilbly (ha)not being accurate. I bet he doesn't respond back.
post #17 of 21
Thread Starter 
I did the same, and was told that the expert at Sports Authority said they were brand new 2005 model. The seller stated that she is not an expert, so that is why the auction was set so low...

Here is the response to another question, posted in the auction. I just love the wording:

"Hi, Shane, Thanks for asking. Just added some pictures. To answer all your other questions, I will take more photos and measurements and send them to you. We are just beginner and never heard of such terms. Please send me your email. Here is what I can answer. This is 2005 model. We bought in summer from Sports Authority. Store has 15% sale and we got another coupon 10% off. So basically we paid 25% off its list price total is $430 plus tax. It was set to boot size 8. It looks adjustable but we don't know how to do it and might need special tools. It was never regrounded or surfaced. Since purchase, it was rarely used and stay in our garage most of time. We are moving to San Antonio and have no idea if we can ski in TX. The pictures will be sent to you no later than tomorrow. Thanks and have a nice day."

I reported this all to ebay fraud, and recieved the standar "this will be investigated, thanks for letting us know" e-mail. Unfourtunatly, it looks like the auction actually closed with someone purchasing these skis.
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryZ View Post
Anybody familiar with these skis? They look pre 2000 to me
Yes. Whiteroom nailed it.
post #19 of 21
I think we should let Phil know that these are still available.
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansilver View Post
I think we should let Phil know that these are still available.
I am a sniper
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
Store has 15% sale and we got another coupon 10% off. So basically we paid 25% off its list price total is $430 plus tax.
He paid $322.50 plus tax for those?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Humour and Fun Stuff
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Off-Season Sports & The Lighter Side › Humour and Fun Stuff › 05 K2 Snow Ski 170cm w/ Marker M26 bindings Ebay Fraud