EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Trip Reports  › Skied ABasin Sunday
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skied ABasin Sunday

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
I got a total of 2 runs in over 2 hours. The liftline for the one lift was absolutely ridiculous. And I have never been around a bigger load of druggie *******s in line..... Pot smoking, beer guzzling, swearing, smoking cigs...20 yr old duuuudes trying to rap, some dude with a megaphone yelling about Amendment 44...it was nauseating. It was such a relief to get up on the lift and get some quiet....Decent skiing too! Lots of snow out there.
Has anyone else noticed how annoying a lot of 18-22 yr olds are?
post #2 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefJef View Post
Has anyone else noticed how annoying a lot of 18-22 yr olds are?
oh yeah all the time:
post #3 of 15
nope, their just out having a good time with the first bit of snow just like you. Next time bust out a joint and freestyle about them.
post #4 of 15
Take those hearing aids out and the breathe right nasal strips off next time
post #5 of 15
Heh, next time pony up the $25 and ski Loveland. I skied about 3.5 hrs on Sunday and got in about 15 runs.
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefJef View Post
Has anyone else noticed how annoying a lot of 18-22 yr olds are?
Yeah, you usually start noticing when you turn 23, like me...
post #7 of 15
Skiing in 7 inches of "powder" in the middle of October, we can't complain!! Soon enough we will be able to soak up some real skiing on chair 6 at Breck, can't expect much this early in the season. The funny thing was how many people were skiing Loveland pass I mean seriously!:
post #8 of 15
Yeah, I was only annoyong till I was about 20, but I started much earlier!
JF
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefJef View Post
I got a total of 2 runs in over 2 hours. The liftline for the one lift was absolutely ridiculous. And I have never been around a bigger load of druggie *******s in line..... Pot smoking, beer guzzling, swearing, smoking cigs...20 yr old duuuudes trying to rap, some dude with a megaphone yelling about Amendment 44...it was nauseating. It was such a relief to get up on the lift and get some quiet....Decent skiing too! Lots of snow out there.
Has anyone else noticed how annoying a lot of 18-22 yr olds are?
Ever notice how annoying most residents of West Jersey are?

Oh, probably not, because you are one.

Its all about perspective.
post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
"okay....terrific!"



Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingman View Post
Ever notice how annoying most residents of West Jersey are?

Oh, probably not, because you are one.

Its all about perspective.
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiinclouds View Post
Soon enough we will be able to soak up some real skiing on chair 6 at Breck,
If you think Chair 6 at Breck is real skiing, you should get out a little more.






There, Im' done with the Breck bashing.
post #12 of 15
Won't the lines be worse at the Basin due to all the passholders - from Breck/Keystone/Vail/BC?
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telski View Post
Won't the lines be worse at the Basin due to all the passholders - from Breck/Keystone/Vail/BC?
That's part of it. It was also pretty crowded yesterday (Monday) because the Cherry Creek Schools are on fall break. The lines were about 15 minutes, but at least the slopes weren't that crowded because they don't have a high speed lift. The snow was better than I expected and the weather was April like. No complaints at all!! LewBob
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefJef View Post
Pot smoking, beer guzzling, swearing, smoking cigs...
Those are all part of the season pass requirements at A-basin... If you do not meet the criteria, you will be banished to Keystone.
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefJef View Post
I got a total of 2 runs in over 2 hours. The liftline for the one lift was absolutely ridiculous. And I have never been around a bigger load of druggie *******s in line..... Pot smoking, beer guzzling, swearing, smoking cigs...20 yr old duuuudes trying to rap, some dude with a megaphone yelling about Amendment 44...it was nauseating. It was such a relief to get up on the lift and get some quiet....Decent skiing too! Lots of snow out there.
Has anyone else noticed how annoying a lot of 18-22 yr olds are?
Part of it's A-Basin, part of it's the age.

When I was a ski-bum, at that age, we were at least that annoying. We figured we ruled, and everyone else was joke. From where we stood, the uptight "tourists" were 2-dimensional posers; wage-slaves to their precious Beemers, condos, fag-bags and purdy skis.

Now I realize, from where everyone else's point of view, we were the jokes - irresponsible, herb-toking dirtbags with no respect for anyone or anything else.

There's nothing new under the sun .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trip Reports
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Trip Reports  › Skied ABasin Sunday