EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Atomicman Gets Head!!! Does Not Pre-Release
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Atomicman Gets Head!!! Does Not Pre-Release

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
Yes, you heard it here first folks. I also couldn't believe it, until I actually saw it...written as it were from the horses mouth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicman View Post
Well Mr. Know-it -OWL,I am HEADING in a different direction. Just ordered a Head Supershape Speed in a 177 & a Head im88 in a 175. Now what say you?????
So indeed Atomicman asks: What say you? :
post #2 of 20
Now what would make a dedicated Atomic and erstwhile Volkl user get Head in such a big way ?
Huh , Cliff wassup here??
post #3 of 20
Didn't we do this already? I think "Be like Bode" was the best I could come up with.
post #4 of 20
I like to shop & am getting cheap like Phil Pug!

don't worry I still have plenty of Atomic's!

No I am not changing my name to Headman! although I have try to talk my wife into it on many occasions!
post #5 of 20
He's way aHEAD of the herd.
post #6 of 20
Gotta love the title of this thread. Pullet surprise? No bell prize? Hey, it screams for recognition.
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboe View Post
Gotta love the title of this thread. Pullet surprise? No bell prize? Hey, it screams for recognition.
Absolutley Agree!

X-tra good from someone with a name containing ROD!
post #8 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboe View Post
Gotta love the title of this thread. Pullet surprise? No bell prize? Hey, it screams for recognition.
This place is so much pun, I can hardly stand it.
post #9 of 20
We all make changes in life. Now for Volant Addict to start switching skis
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboe View Post
Gotta love the title of this thread. Pullet surprise? No bell prize? Hey, it screams for recognition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicman View Post
Absolutley Agree!

X-tra good from someone with a name containing ROD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post
This place is so much pun, I can hardly stand it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider View Post
So indeed Atomicman asks: What say you? :
What will the chicks with quivers think?
post #11 of 20
Well, its spreading. I'm still a Fischer fanatic, but I now have a Monster under my bed.

Its the first Head model for me since the Head 360!

Cheers,

Michael
post #12 of 20
Yes I too got some Head this year. It was only a little Head (151's) but it was good.
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider View Post
Yes I too got some Head this year. It was only a little Head (151's) but it was good.
Some is better then none!
post #14 of 20
The skis you bought that are Heads. The Supershape is an all condition type ski, isn't it?
And the IM88 is a deeper snow type of ski. Did you buy these to compliment your carvers? Do you own Metron B-5's?: That would be similar in use to the Supershapes. Wouldn't it?
What is your favorite Atomic ski?
What made you so curious about the Heads or was it a deal you couldn't refuse?
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryZ View Post
The skis you bought that are Heads. The Supershape is an all condition type ski, isn't it?
And the IM88 is a deeper snow type of ski. Did you buy these to compliment your carvers? Do you own Metron B-5's?: That would be similar in use to the Supershapes. Wouldn't it?
What is your favorite Atomic ski?
What made you so curious about the Heads or was it a deal you couldn't refuse?
I bought the Supershape Speed in a 177cm. It is a GS race ski with Sandwich construction. Same as last years i.race GS CP!3. and same as last years XRC 1200 CP 13 (those two skis were identical last year except for the topskin)

the im88 is a Deeper snow ski, but not as wide as my sugar Daddy's, with a much smaller turning radius (19m vs. 28m)and considerably wider then my B5 metrons. 88mm under foot vs. 76mm

Yes i have B5 metrons. No the supershape Speed is a different sort of ski.

I liked my '07 Head i.sl RD Vist so much on the 2 runs i got to ski on them at whistler in may , I thought I could not go wrong with the supershape speed and the price was pretty good too.

the supershape (not speed) is more of a detuned slalom race ski it is only 65mm underfoot where the B5 metron is 76. and the metron is much wider in the tip and tail.

My favorite Atomic hands down is the B5 metron , but i also always really like the SL11 retail stock and Race Stock. Although thye are very different skis.

I am probably going to sell my 172cm B5's as i have not skied on them since I bought the 162's.
post #16 of 20
I need to try those 88's this year . They sound like a fun ski. How about a report when you get some time on them?
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryZ View Post
I need to try those 88's this year . They sound like a fun ski. How about a report when you get some time on them?
Happy to do so! let's hope we get deep enough snow to try them.
post #18 of 20
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettscv View Post

Its the first Head model for me since the Head 360!

Cheers,

Michael
Is that the Linda Blair model?
post #19 of 20
Thread Starter 
Its been a while since we've heard of this issue, so I just thought I'd ask..

Atomicman, did you ever consummate this relationship with Head, or was it a passing infatuation?
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick View Post
What will the chicks with quivers think?
I think - what will make the chicks quiver?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Atomicman Gets Head!!! Does Not Pre-Release