EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Head MOJO 90 or Head Monster i.M 88
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Head MOJO 90 or Head Monster i.M 88

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
which is a better ski? i am 6' and 160 pound witch ski will work better

40% powder
30% gromed
30% mogals
post #2 of 14
40% powder -- Mojo 90
30% groomers -- IM 88
30% moguls -- forget about the IM 88
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_creek_freak View Post
which is a better ski? i am 6' and 160 pound witch ski will work better

40% powder
30% gromed
30% mogals
It will partially depend on length.

A Monster in a 175cm is better on the groomed than a 176 MOJO, powder performance is =, the 176 MOJO will be best in moguls.

A 186cm MOJO will be better in powder than a 175cm Monster, mogul performance is = (weak), and the Monster will be better on the groomed.

Overall, the 175cm Monster is best for your criteria.

Cheers,

Michael
post #4 of 14
IM 88 seems more damp, burly and stable to me.
Mojo 90 seems to have more pop, and energy, yet is still solid busting through crud.

Unfortunately I haven't taken the 88's off groomers, but have taken my 90's everywhere and have nothing bad to say. A lot will have to do with length, but I think you'll probably be happy either way. As much as the terrain you ski is important, how you like to ski it (short turns, long turns, super high speeds, etc.) also plays a major role.
post #5 of 14
The 88 is great for skiing the pow in all but the deepest conditions and it plows through crud exceptionally well. It is also a great high-speed groomer ski, but don't expect to go slow and have it perform well. Didn't try it much in the bumps, but as long as you don't let them get away from ya they will work fine. I've never skied the mojo 90, but from what i hear it's a softer ski developed for use in the park as well as the pow. I was on the 88's last year and they blew me away. Get the 88's unless you like to spend your time skiing backwards and playing in the park.
post #6 of 14
OH, i forgot to add how they were used

70% off-piste
20% groomers
10% bumps
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettscv View Post
It will partially depend on length.

A Monster in a 175cm is better on the groomed than a 176 MOJO, powder performance is =, the 176 MOJO will be best in moguls.

A 186cm MOJO will be better in powder than a 175cm Monster, mogul performance is = (weak), and the Monster will be better on the groomed.

Overall, the 175cm Monster is best for your criteria.

Cheers,

Michael
Well then wouldn't they be equal if they are equal in pow (40% each) MOJO is better in bumps (30% to MOJO) and the IM88 is better on groomed (30% MOJO)?
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman829 View Post
Well then wouldn't they be equal if they are equal in pow (40% each) MOJO is better in bumps (30% to MOJO) and the IM88 is better on groomed (30% MOJO)?
No one told me math would be involved.:

Cheers,

Michael
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_creek_freak View Post
which is a better ski? i am 6' and 160 pound witch ski will work better

40% powder
30% gromed
30% mogals
I'm shorter but around the same weight.

Tried the IM88 and the Mojo 90 back to back. I'd suggest the Mojo 90 in a 176cm length.
post #10 of 14
if you want to go 30% moguls i wouldn't even think of an im88. it's just not where it wants to be.
i'd vote for 176cm mojo90's.
post #11 of 14
Another thing to consider is that Mojos are cheaper than the Monsters.
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman829 View Post
Another thing to consider is that Mojos are cheaper than the Monsters.
Especially if he can find a pair from last year which have way better graphics IMHO.
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singel View Post
Especially if he can find a pair from last year which have way better graphics IMHO.
agreed. the new graphics are fugly. not that graphics are the deal-breaker but still good graphics are better than ugly ones
post #14 of 14
agreed on the graphics (06>07), but the best looking is from 05 season (snake skin mad trix mojo)

adding to my other post: 176cm mojo and mount back the bindings for better all-mountain/bc performance - i'd say somewhere around -1.5cm from factory point (it's more park-oriented).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Head MOJO 90 or Head Monster i.M 88