Originally Posted by Devils Fiddle
I know I can already do that, I'm talking about doing it in twenty minutes as opposed to 30-45 depending on the roads.
Can't be done. The most direct route to Alta is already LCC Rd. Imagine the fingers of your left hand. Your palm is SLC (and the airport). Your index finger is Parleys (PC). Your middle finger is BCC. Your ring finger is LCC. All the resorts/towns sit at the tips of you fingers. Now connect them with tunnels/pass/sheds. You get the picture. Instead of driving down your ring finger to get to your index or middle finger, you could jump directly across. HUGE time savings.
Some things that haven't really been discussed would be the new loading patterns with a dramatically changed travel system:
- Would PC skiers mob the BCC/LCC canyons, epsecially on a good powder day?
- Would the LCC/BCC skiers mob PC at night?
- Would places with shopping/eating (PC) get mobbed during the lunch hours?
- Where would all that traffic park?
- How would all the foot traffic be accomodated?
- Would we see gridlock on the pass/tunnels?
Looks to me like a huge engineering study just to establish the feasibility of such a project.