Mother Nature had her say....I was sure beginning to wonder if I was supposed to make this move... I had to drive through what were some of the worst conditions I can remember in decades (major snowstorm) leaving Vail on Monday evening... Then Houston and Conroe had 11 and 12 inches of rain, resulting in major flooding the same day! One doesn't want me to leave, and the other doesn't want me to arrive!
The trip, once I got past Georgetown, went rather smoothly! I arrived at the bse airport about noon on Wednesday, filled out the remaining paperwork, and was immediately put on salary and all the benefits kicked in that same day! I am amazed!
I have spent the last 2 days going through company indoc, and go off to flight training in Dallas next week for 7 days. After that, it's up into the wild blue yonder... (just as an aside, if there are any pilots reading this who want a job, this place is hiring like crazy right now... send me a PM for more info...)
While they try to decide whether I will remain based in Conroe (40 miles N of Houston) or be sent to a new facility at Hobby Airport (SE Houston), I am living in .... you guessed it... An Extended Stay America ! (Those of you who were at ESA 1 or 2 might remember those places!
Once they finally decide where I'll be based, I'll begin the enjoyable task (NOT) of finding a place to live...
Anyway- I can't believe the reports I've heard about the amounts of snow which fell right after my departure... Go ahead! Rub it in!!! haha
Just a quick update... I truly appreciate the support and well wishes you have all expressed. I'm excited to explore this opportunity and new environment. But I will be back in Vail during Xmas and for some time in the Spring. Other than that, I'm not sure how many turns I'll get in this season... So just like last season, I'll have to ask you all to make a few for me!
Thats the news, and now we return you to our regularly scheduled programming......