Yes, Epic, I had a chance to ski the Speed Machine Mach 3 a bit last spring at Loveland, in heavy spring crud, steeps, bumps, and a little bit of groomed, and found it to be superb. It was the regular model, not the higher performance "Power" model, too, and I expect to like the Mach 3 Power XBI even more. The softer model is surely a little more forgiving in bumps, though, and it still rips on smooth snow.
I think it would be an excellent all-mountain ski, and an excellent teaching ski, for Colorado and a truly superb ski for the east.
For perspective, I should state that I have always preferred a more race-oriented ski in general, as an everyday, all-conditions ski. In other words, I'd rather have to deal with a narrower ski in powder than a wide ski on hard snow. Others may differ, and there are plenty of skis in Nordica's line for the wider ski preference as well.
SSH--as you know, Nordica's race skis are top shelf, serious hard snow machines--the real deal. And I love race skis! But race skis demand precise, disciplined, and usually energetic techniques, and many skiers would find them demanding, unforgiving, and more work than they want to deal with in many conditions. Some great skiers--Toni Sears, for one--ski full-bore race skis all the time. But Toni, who by my observation spends 90% of his time on Nordica Doberman Slaloms and the other 10% on Doberman GS's, is exceptional, to say the least. While I do recommend that most instructors should own a pair of race skis, and that everyone ought to at least try a pair, I don't think they are the best all-around skis for most people. They can also be fragile and prone to bending or other trauma when skied hard or sloppily in bumps.
Which brings me back to the Mach 3. At 72mm wide under foot, it is a good bit wider than a real race ski, but certainly on the narrow end of the "all-mountain" spectrum. The Hot Rod Modified was my absolute favorite all-mountain ski last season. At 74mm underfoot, it is the narrowest of the Hot Rod range, and the only one that I felt really responded to edging input like a race ski. Many instructors preferred the 78mm Hot Rod Top Fuel, and may like the 84mm Jet Fuel this year even more, although it has slightly less sidecut. But like I said, I just don't like that much width in anything but truly soft snow, personally. And the 74mm Modified worked just fine for me in the thigh-deep fluff at Alta/Snowbird in January!
Anyway, with a slightly deeper sidecut, and nearly the same width as the Modified, the Mach 3 comes even closer to my ideal one-ski quiver. I will probably ski it one length longer than the Modified--178cm rather than 170cm--which will give it a bit more stability at speed and flotation in soft snow, with almost the same sidecut radius (15.8m for the 170 Modified vs. 16.1m for the 178 Mach 3, if I recall).
For lighter skiers or skiers who like softer skis for bumps or otherwise, all these models have softer siblings. The SpeedMachine Mach 3 XBI is the softer version of the Mach 3 Power XBI. The Eliminator is the softer 74mm Modified; the Nitrous is the softer 78mm Top Fuel, and the Afterburner is the softer 84mm Jet Fuel. Lots of instructors prefer these softer models, especially in powder.
And there are equivalent models to the Hot Rods specifically for women as well--the Olympia series. The Olympia Victory is the women's version of the Modified (74mm), and it was an extremely popular ski last season. It's joined this year by the 84mm Olympia Conquer.
That's a lot of choices for that all purpose "one ski quiver" ski, so there should be at least one ideal model for everyone. Have fun playing with them all!