New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sell your shares!

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
If you have shares in companies that produce, ship, or sell alcoholic beverages, I would suggest you sell them now.

I haven't had a drink in 4 days.:

I'll give you ample warning when you should buy again, before I start...
post #2 of 29
Quote:
I haven't had a drink in 4 days
Is that a good thing? Won't you get dehydrated?
post #3 of 29
???????????????
post #4 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wear The Fox Hat
If you have shares in companies that produce, ship, or sell alcoholic beverages, I would suggest you sell them now.

I haven't had a drink in 4 days.:

I'll give you ample warning when you should buy again, before I start...
So sorry to hear of your malady! There's always hope.:
post #5 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wear The Fox Hat
...

I haven't had a drink in 4 days.:

...
Whoa!

Did Hell freeze over while I wasn't looking???
post #6 of 29
For a short while only. Needed to frost the beer glasses.
post #7 of 29
Not to worry, fox has been seeing an older woman and she likes the way his hand shakes when he doesn't drink.
post #8 of 29
or since he started working in france he's finding that wine does not give him the buzz he wants and his alcohol of choice is too hard to get..
post #9 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Not to worry, fox has been seeing an older woman and she likes the way his hand shakes when he doesn't drink.

BWAHhahahahahahh!
post #10 of 29
Thread Starter 
...there's a bit of an update...
13th May - 1 bottle of Sam Adams (it was all alone in my beer fridge, and I felt sorry for it)
No drink again until 19th May, when some news meant I wanted to go out to meet a friend. 2 Budvars.
20th May - Munster v Biaritz in the Heiniken cup final, followed by the Eurovision song contest. The first was nerve-racking and required being in an Irish bar skulling pints. The second is so bad it's good, and required being in an Irish bar skulling pints.
Since then, 1 glass of Pinot Noir.

So, I think I've got it down to weekend drinking now. This weekend will be mainly wine. (And since I've stopped drinking with every meal, I've started to return to my racing snake physique...)
post #11 of 29
Why was Eurovision nerve wracking? there was no WAY Ireland was going to win! I reckon Armenia wuz robbed, but the Finnish thing was one of the best.
Still think Norway was double-robbed from last year.
I'm just waiting for the CD to get up on the Russian Mp3 site so I can snaffle the good bits.

Oh I see, the footy was nerve wracking. I imagine Wogan was nerve wracked too, being unable to drink for the duration of eurovision.
post #12 of 29
Thread Starter 
footy? It was RUGBY!

Terry does drink during Eurovision - normally Baileys, and he starts by about the 5th or 6th song.

(Ireland don't want to win - when they won it four times in the space of 5 years it almost bankrupt the TV company)
post #13 of 29
Gaaaaaaaaa!! Rugby?

Good grief, my daughter informed me a few weeks ago that she wants to join the girl's rugby team when she starts High School in the fall.:

..... and she had such pretty teeth too.
post #14 of 29
Yeah, footy.
Wogan was complaining that he hadn't had a drink yet, and was still at it about half way through from memory. I wish he'd get drunk and abusive like in the old days. Apparently the euros complained about his insults and so he had to tone it down. Pity.
Eurovision was a bit slick this year, no huge stuffups or horrible embarassing moments, no appalling acts. Only one mob singing flat. Only the Netherlands points awarder was a fool. At least Iceland had a go and sent the thing up... oh, and Lithuania, I suppose.
post #15 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAU
Gaaaaaaaaa!! Rugby?

Good grief, my daughter informed me a few weeks ago that she wants to join the girl's rugby team when she starts High School in the fall.:

..... and she had such pretty teeth too.
Frau, if she's in the scrum, you should be more worried about her ears.
post #16 of 29
How does an Irishwoman hold her liquor? By the ears...
post #17 of 29
I wonder when this will all return to English...

post #18 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh
I wonder when this will all return to English...


Probably when I go back to booze...
post #19 of 29
How am I supposed to quit when we live at least 8 hours (flying) from nearest hill? My wife says to take up a tropical sport, but then I'd sweat too much with all that booze inside!

WTFH, cheers, sante, salud, bottoms up!
post #20 of 29
Thread Starter 
Gpaul, you need to move.

I'm now in the beer capital of France, which is also a very good wine region. It's also about 30 miles to the nearest ski hill. But when I go home at weekends, I'm only about 20 miles from an indoor slope.
post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wear The Fox Hat
Gpaul, you need to move.

I'm now in the beer capital of France, which is also a very good wine region. It's also about 30 miles to the nearest ski hill. But when I go home at weekends, I'm only about 20 miles from an indoor slope.

So, you "commute" to France????

Sucks to be you.
post #22 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAU
So, you "commute" to France????
Yeah. Fly out Monday, back Friday.
post #23 of 29
I'd never play women's rugby. Women's hockey was always rougher than men's. The women used the sticks, while the guys just used their bodies. The sticks caused a lot more damage.

Mixed rugby would be interesting. Used to play mixed touch, and the various different styles made for quite good matches.
post #24 of 29
Thread Starter 
Back in my school days the top rugby team (guys) in our school would take on the top girls hockey team (with the relevant number of players), at both hockey and touch rugby.
Over the years, the girls won more often than the guys. Then again, it was normally those matches that put the guys in hospital.
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
I'd never play women's rugby. Women's hockey was always rougher than men's. The women used the sticks, while the guys just used their bodies. The sticks caused a lot more damage.

Mixed rugby would be interesting. Used to play mixed touch, and the various different styles made for quite good matches.
I'd pick a sport that's more for lovers, like......skiing
post #26 of 29
WTFH Here are some tips that might help you while on the wagon.

1. smoke pot

2. sit on your hands.

BTW, have you had any "beer dreams yet"?
post #27 of 29
WTFH, in the works, to Ohio, as you may have seen. Close ot 300 ft. verticals....
post #28 of 29
This Iris lad named Shawn moves into a different town in Ireland, goes down to the local pub, sits down at the bar and orders up three Murphy Irish Red (MIRs) beers. The bartender figures his friends will be here soon and filled the three MIRs. Shawn drinks one MIR, then the 2nd MIR and the 3rd MIR and leaves. Next night Shawn sits down at the bar and orders three MIRs again. The bartender starts to poor the first MIR and says to Shawn you know I can poor each beer one at a time that way they will be fresh when you drink them. Shawn says the three MIR beers are tradition. The bartender says tradition ? Shawn says, I usually drink MIRs with me two brothers. When me brothers can't be here I still order them beers and I drink their beers. ". So this routine goes on for a month every night until one night Shawn comes in and only orders two MIRs. The bartender starts to draw the first MIR and thinks that something must have happened to one of his brothers and what is he going to say to Shawn. Bartender says to Shawn, " I am really sorry about your brother". Shawn says me brother? Bartenders says yeah I figured something must have happened to one of your brothers. Shawn snaps, hell don't be sorry for me brother its me you should be sorry for. Bartender says, "why should I be sorry for you Shawn"? Shawn says, "I QUIT DRINKING".
post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wear The Fox Hat
Back in my school days the top rugby team (guys) in our school would take on the top girls hockey team (with the relevant number of players), at both hockey and touch rugby.
Over the years, the girls won more often than the guys. Then again, it was normally those matches that put the guys in hospital.
I can believe it. The women seem to have no concept of how, if you belt someone, they will probably belt you back!!! Men know full-well, and belt only when they are ready to cop one back. Mind you, when you're shirtfronted by a big bloke, there's not a lot you can do. I learned to use the shoulder, and it doesn't hurt.

Used to play top grade indoor mens and womens; the men's was bloody hard work, but no slashing sticks. Apart from that idiot at ADFA... jeeeeesus. (ADFA's our version of Sandhurst, or West Point, but for all three services). I wore those bruises on my shins for months, no joke. And that was through those Swedish moulded shin guards that are guaranteed for life. Mongrel started his wind-up 5 strides back, and he wasn't going for the ball.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home