Gotta admit I love the Emerald area on Whistler Mtn. The runs are all uh... green
: , but what variety!
1) Wide open cruisers
2) A head-to-head slalom course, complete with start gates & clocks
3) A great little mogul field
4) A novice terrain park, out of the view of the lift (YES!)
5) Gladed runs that are pure simple pleasure after a dump
6) Lots of secret pow stashes
7) A place to swap your demo skis at the top of the chair
8) Serviced by 7 minute high-speed quad over 1400 vert ft
9) Great place to people watch
10) Great place to show off (if you're into that)
11) Perfect area to refine ANY technique!
There's probably more reasons, but you get the idea. The only detriment is its the most crowded place on W/B, so mid-week is best. A great place to go on that 3rd day of your ski week when you wake up and find you have to crawl to the can 'cause your legs are to stiff and sore to walk.