New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Outta here

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
Breaking point is when morons like Diz spew all over someone who knows their stuff as well as BetaRacer. I've tried as best as I can to add signal to the "signal to noise" ratio but frankly Epic has become more and more Gapic.

cya all!
post #2 of 17
Oh, jeez, not you too! Don't go!

Thatsagirl
post #3 of 17
Lee, your reports and input in the backcountry issues have no equal here. I will still see them on your site and other forums. I find it hypocritical that you would leave this board because some you believe some person is disrespecting another member here, but that you would hang with the signal to noise ratio at other forums. Its an unavoidable consequence of unrestricted access and abuse of free speech. These trolls don't last.

On the other hand, the dramatic exits, leaving a post at the door are their own version of trolling. The most damaging kind, by respected people that have been part of this community. This is the best solution you could find to resolve your concerns? I have nothing but respect for you, but I don't think this is the way to exit. What good can come from it?
post #4 of 17
As I said in my post to BetaRacer, the door is open. Come on back when you feel like it.
post #5 of 17
LeeLau (and others who may be heading for the exits):

These things, like practically everything else in life, run in cycles. Even with the current discord there's a tremendous amount of value here at Epic, thanks in no small measure to your wonderful reports, photos, and posts.

Those of us who have been around for awhile can separate the wheat from the chaff. The more moderate core of Epic can tell signal from noise and just ignores much of the garbage.

I hope you'll stick around because I really love your opinions and posts. As for Diz (and the like), he'll probably be gone (or properly educated) before too much time goes by.

Take a time out, maybe, but please come back.
post #6 of 17
trolls will leave, and go else where, Just take a break, not quit, and come back in a while?
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLau
Breaking point is when morons like Diz spew all over someone who knows their stuff as well as BetaRacer. I've tried as best as I can to add signal to the "signal to noise" ratio but frankly Epic has become more and more Gapic.

cya all!
A few days ago, Betaracer said it was his intent to put the Ski Hut out of business by informing the authorities of Jason's "illegal" and "unauthorized" sales.

I had a positive experience with the Ski Hut and to date, have only read glowing reviews about him.

I'm allowed to have an opinion on the subject.
post #8 of 17
This is not a gear discussion, see you over at announcements. Diz is not a troll looking at his post history. What he posted was not right either and it was being discussed. Leelau, hopefully we will see you back real soon.
post #9 of 17
LeeLau-

Sure hate to see you go. When I had my ass kicked in an avalanche you were one of the first I went to seeking some wisdom.

There's always going to be some difference of opinion here, some better informed than others, but there is no question that you leaving will leave a void.

Newf
post #10 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diz
A few days ago, Betaracer said it was his intent to put the Ski Hut out of business by informing the authorities of Jason's "illegal" and "unauthorized" sales.

I had a positive experience with the Ski Hut and to date, have only read glowing reviews about him.

I'm allowed to have an opinion on the subject.
Diz, I agree with Phil, you are not a troll. However, you put yourself in the crosshairs when you took your debate out of the 2007 Atomics & Volkls on Ebay thread, and chased BetaRacer into his "Done Here" thread. Because there was no context when you posted, it appeared to be an attack. You have very little history here, and these misunderstandings are a consequence of not taking the time to get to know the community before you post.

BetaRacer has not explained what his issues are, and LeeLau apparently took your post as an attack ("breaking point") that justified quitting this forum, and also chose to leave. So far, things don't add up for me. : Hope cooler heads prevail, and we see everyone back to normal soon.
post #11 of 17
I understand how my lifelong habit of overt sarcasm and general flippancy can sometimes be construed as malicious, but the truth is that I genuinely enjoy meeting and getting to know new people.

I don't take any of this to heart, but I understand how others might.

I would like to apologize to those who are picking up their toys and going home, for bulldozing my way into the sandbox.
post #12 of 17
A bit of civility when disagreeing with someone is preferable to blasting and attacking them. It is entirely possible to disagree with someone's opinion, without vitriol. Perhaps moderation of overly emotional argument styles could help with the general tone of the place. Authoritative voices from within the world of skiing are what set epicski apart from "chat rooms". If just anyone can sail in and launch an attack on people whose knowledge is prized by most readers, epicski will suffer.
post #13 of 17
Good post. Thank you ant.
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
A bit of civility when disagreeing with someone is preferable to blasting and attacking them. It is entirely possible to disagree with someone's opinion, without vitriol. Perhaps moderation of overly emotional argument styles could help with the general tone of the place. Authoritative voices from within the world of skiing are what set epicski apart from "chat rooms". If just anyone can sail in and launch an attack on people whose knowledge is prized by most readers, epicski will suffer.

Gonzo wannabees.
post #15 of 17
That sucks LeeLua. I have found you posts to be veryinformative and enteraining, I looked forward to reading them. As others have said, don't leave, take a break.
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirquerider
Lee, your reports and input in the backcountry issues have no equal here. I will still see them on your site and other forums. I find it hypocritical that you would leave this board because some you believe some person is disrespecting another member here, but that you would hang with the signal to noise ratio at other forums. Its an unavoidable consequence of unrestricted access and abuse of free speech. These trolls don't last.

On the other hand, the dramatic exits, leaving a post at the door are their own version of trolling. The most damaging kind, by respected people that have been part of this community. This is the best solution you could find to resolve your concerns? I have nothing but respect for you, but I don't think this is the way to exit. What good can come from it?
Cirquerider makes some very good points. Doesn't sound like a logical reason to leave : .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Peters
These things, like practically everything else in life, run in cycles. Even with the current discord there's a tremendous amount of value here at Epic, thanks in no small measure to your wonderful reports, photos, and posts.

Those of us who have been around for awhile can separate the wheat from the chaff. The more moderate core of Epic can tell signal from noise and just ignores much of the garbage....

Take a time out, maybe, but please come back.
And so does Bob Peters. There's way more good than garbage, and you can fight back by adding to the good.
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
A bit of civility when disagreeing with someone is preferable to blasting and attacking them. It is entirely possible to disagree with someone's opinion, without vitriol. Perhaps moderation of overly emotional argument styles could help with the general tone of the place. Authoritative voices from within the world of skiing are what set epicski apart from "chat rooms". If just anyone can sail in and launch an attack on people whose knowledge is prized by most readers, epicski will suffer.
FWIW, this is far more difficult than most people can believe.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home