EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Good place to buy skis? (Online or off)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good place to buy skis? (Online or off)

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I am about to make my first purchase but wanted to see if you guys could make a quick recommendation on where to buy.

I am mostly interested in Volkl and Atomic brands. (I have been looking at Volkl AC2)

Can you guys suggest a good dealer, either online or physical store?

Price would be my main motivating factor.

I live in Provo, UT.
post #2 of 17
This has been discussed.

www.geardirect.com or call Colorado Ski and Golf
www.backcountryoutlet.com
www.untracked.com
www.sierratradingpost.com
www.skidealer.com
www.basinski.com

or Buy from Dawgcatching - I would have had I not found a super deal on Elan M666's.

I don't know any B&M stores in your area.
post #3 of 17
www.GlacierShop.com - have tones of skis you can't get elsewhere
post #4 of 17
OK.....another shameless, self promoting plug..........

www.sierrasnowboard.com

SJ
post #5 of 17
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraJim
OK.....another shameless, self promoting plug..........

www.sierrasnowboard.com

SJ

SJ
I called the 800 number on the web and no one answers the phone. Did all of you go to skiing?
I'd like to know how can I pick up those discount lift tickets from the Bay Area.
post #7 of 17
add to above:

www.evogear.com

www.skidiscounters.com they also sell ski gear, not just water sports

both have great customer care before and after the sale, and great prices....especially now. you can ask molly at evogear if they still have their 20% to 30% extra discount.

www.levelninesports.com
post #8 of 17
Deep powder ski hut always does right by me and my husband. We've bought 6 sets of skis from him in the past year because we can't resist his bargains on top of the line stuff. He sold us the Volkl AC4 last year before any one else had it.
1-866-skideal

http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=32826&highlight=Deep+powder+ski+h ut
post #9 of 17
See my thread here on Action Sports Outlet, I can highly recommend them having bought 3 pairs of skis there and it seems other bears have also had positive experiences:

http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=38674

I have also purchased from Snowdealsnow on Ebay, but that was a less satisfactory experience. While the skis arrived ok, the guy has no phone number and never answers emails. I have also tried to message him several times on boots with no success. Either he doesn't get the emails or just ignores them. I'm tempted to buy something again just so I can leave feedback on this issue.

Finally, I have talked to both Evogear and Marmot Mountain Works. Both are great at answering questions about their gear, especially Marmot for AT stuff. If you buy a complete package from Marmot they will mount if for you, which is extremely unusually for an online retailer. As a result of their ready knowledge and answers I would not hesitate to buy from either of these guys if I found the right stuff at the right price.
post #10 of 17
Thought I'd add that Action Sports has a decent collection of upper end atomics and volkls right now.
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwan1
SJ
I called the 800 number on the web and no one answers the phone. Did all of you go to skiing?
I'd like to know how can I pick up those discount lift tickets from the Bay Area.
Yes we did........(well, I did anyway).

The 800 number is the online store and it is seperately staffed from the retail store. You can reach us at the retail store (where the tickets are purchased) any business day from 10AM-9PM

916-344-1800

SJ
post #12 of 17
http://www.skiersoutlet.com

Offering free shipping for orders > $99 at the moment. Nice prices.
post #13 of 17
http://stores.ebay.com/Sport-Liquidators

This was recommended on another thread.
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYHAWK
http://stores.ebay.com/Sport-Liquidators

This was recommended on another thread.
Note that these guys are the same outfit as skiersoutlet.com. If you go direct to their web-site, they are offering free shipping. The have a bricks and mortar store as well (Oshkosh, WI). I've heard positive feedback on them from several sources.
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick
Deep powder ski hut always does right by me and my husband. We've bought 6 sets of skis from him in the past year because we can't resist his bargains on top of the line stuff. He sold us the Volkl AC4 last year before any one else had it.
1-866-skideal

http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=32826&highlight=Deep+powder+ski+h ut
I second that emotion. That's where I got my equipment and the guy gave me a smoking deal. Only took three days to receive my order from Calgary via UPS.
post #16 of 17
Anyone know of online or off stores in Canada that have good deals?
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by large_diver
Note that these guys are the same outfit as skiersoutlet.com. If you go direct to their web-site, they are offering free shipping. The have a bricks and mortar store as well (Oshkosh, WI). I've heard positive feedback on them from several sources.
I've bought skis from these folks, and everything went well. I got a good deal on the "Buy Now/Make Best Offer" thing. Skis were shipped promptly, and arrived in good condition.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Good place to buy skis? (Online or off)