New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

An award to Vlad! - Page 4

post #91 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docjoque
Actually, Huckingfellers, I find your handle very obscene! As an anagram, it's making my head spin! I don't have any children, but I will definitely NOT let my parents anywhere near this site! :

I hope the emoticons properly convey my jest. I have to throw them in everywhere now days. Without them, everyone thinks I'm serious, and they start calling me an A**hole....oops........a Rectal Opening.
i think ass hole's ok, so long as we take into account the whole ass.
post #92 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneale Brownson
The expletives are as much yours as others. The tenor of many of your messages invites similar responses. None of it contributes to furtherance of discussion regarding skiing.
Kneal, with all due respect, if your kids can't handle A**hole, they are probably too young to be using the internet anyway. If they are old enough to be surfing the net, then they've heard it, seen it. Unless your kids were raised in a convent, they've heard and seen much worse. And if they were raised in the church, then we're talking all kinds of other problems

Also, I look at this as an adult forum. The worst word I have seen on here is prick....oops, that was by me. The disguised expletives (which I hate....I'd rather see the real thing. Nothing feels better than letting the F word fly with such force that spit flys out of your pursed lips), are respectful ways for posters to convey their passion, IMHO.

If that's still not enough, this site might be more helpful:

www.Shreadthepow.amish.com
post #93 of 113
post #94 of 113
OK, Vlad,

Explain the pics. And thanks so much for all your knowledge. Hang in there. People with the knowledge you possess, who are willing to disperse that knowledge, will always be targets for those envious and jealous few. It's like Howard Cosell, or Bud Collins....OK, those smart guys WERE pretty annoying, but you had to love them for their knowledge. Ok, better analogy; Mary Carillo. Not all that annoying, but she gets a lot of flack because she possesses so much knowledge. Keep plugging and dispensing.
post #95 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad
i haven't worn any type of underwear since i was 8.

: TMI

Those dudes you hung about with as a kid have some serious explaining to do
post #96 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by disski
: TMI

Those dudes you hung about with as a kid have some serious explaining to do
sometimes the simple answers are the truest.
i stopped wearing underwear one july afternoon while waist-deep in a swamp, when i was an 8-year old critter-catching enthusiast out catching' frogs.
never saw the logic again, afterward.
post #97 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docjoque
OK, Vlad,

Explain the pics. And thanks so much for all your knowledge. Hang in there. People with the knowledge you possess, who are willing to disperse that knowledge, will always be targets for those envious and jealous few. It's like Howard Cosell, or Bud Collins....OK, those smart guys WERE pretty annoying, but you had to love them for their knowledge. Ok, better analogy; Mary Carillo. Not all that annoying, but she gets a lot of flack because she possesses so much knowledge. Keep plugging and dispensing.
thanks very much.
post #98 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docjoque
Kneal, with all due respect, if your kids can't handle A**hole, they are probably too young to be using the internet anyway. If they are old enough to be surfing the net, then they've heard it, seen it. Unless your kids were raised in a convent, they've heard and seen much worse. And if they were raised in the church, then we're talking all kinds of other problems

Also, I look at this as an adult forum. The worst word I have seen on here is prick....oops, that was by me. The disguised expletives (which I hate....I'd rather see the real thing. Nothing feels better than letting the F word fly with such force that spit flys out of your pursed lips), are respectful ways for posters to convey their passion, IMHO.

If that's still not enough, this site might be more helpful:

www.Shreadthepow.amish.com
One can be a jerk without being a prick. The language is unnecessary. That's all I'm saying. My children are older than you are. My grandchildren are most of the way through college. I'm not concerned about what they or anyone else says or reads. I just think this forum could be more polite. For other people's sake. For the forum's sake. This is supposed to be a source of information regarding skiing, not how proud someone can be to cuss.
post #99 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneale Brownson
One can be a jerk without being a prick. The language is unnecessary. That's all I'm saying. My children are older than you are. My grandchildren are most of the way through college. I'm not concerned about what they or anyone else says or reads. I just think this forum could be more polite. For other people's sake. For the forum's sake. This is supposed to be a source of information regarding skiing, not how proud someone can be to cuss.
spoken like a gent.
I'll do my best. let me know when I mess up.
post #100 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad
actually, your statement is a hyperjudgemental shortcut to an actual grasp of the subject.
I exercised peerless conduct here on epic until 'mtbakerskier' decided to actually post the expression 'bull shit' regarding one of my points.
I left the forum, came back, and decided that instead of keeping peerless decorum, i'd give it right back to posters such as that.
in this thread, itself, which someone else started with MY SCREEN NAME in the subject, one of your esteemed colleagues decided to (jokingly) post something about me and inflatable dolls and their orifices.
read my posts prior to that one, and maybe drop the rock, glass-house boy.
your imperious tone's becoming rather boring.
you get a lotta wedgies as a kid?
There are very few folks I'd consider esteemed colleagues still active on this forum. Most have been driven away or just don't participate much any more. I'm certain none would jokingly or not make references to sex toys here.
post #101 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneale Brownson
There are very few folks I'd consider esteemed colleagues still active on this forum. Most have been driven away or just don't participate much any more. I'm certain none would jokingly or not make references to sex toys here.
that's my point. I didn't. see my preceding post. we posted simultaneously. i need a smoke.
post #102 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneale Brownson
So what if they want to research skiing for some paper assignment and ended up visiting "the leading internet resource for ski information and
community discussion" as the front page of EpicSki announces?

I used to recommend Epic to folks as a friendly and helpful place to visit for ski information. Since the advent of the "lounge" and the way the behavior there has been allowed to spill over to the rest of this place, I no longer mention Epic to anyone.

It's this kind of crap that keeps bringing a once wonderful resource closer and closer to what RSA has deteriorated into.
Kneale, while I do recommend EpicSki to others, I relate to your point entirely. It seems that many people cannot enjoy the benefits of kind and generous contributions to EpicSki, and instead entertain themselves through contrarian attacks.

Isn't this obvious? Isn't it clear that this kind of "conversation" and language only reduces the value that any of us can get?
post #103 of 113
Note from Moderator:

Please stop trying to get around the word censor, and please stop posting the profane and otherwise inappropriate language.

Thank you.
post #104 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad
spoken like a gent.
I'll do my best. let me know when I mess up.

as i said......
post #105 of 113
[quote=vlad]
post #106 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docjoque
Actually, Huckingfellers, I find your handle very obscene! As an anagram, it's making my head spin! I don't have any children, but I will definitely NOT let my parents anywhere near this site! :

I hope the emoticons properly convey my jest.
LOL, Roger That

Good Idea to keep your parents away from this site! I was gonna suggest that to you. You don't want to be corrupting thier minds now.
post #107 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad
sometimes the simple answers are the truest.
i stopped wearing underwear one july afternoon while waist-deep in a swamp, when i was an 8-year old critter-catching enthusiast out catching' frogs.
never saw the logic again, afterward.
Weren't you concerned about the baby alligators and their fondness for Vienna Sausage?
post #108 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docjoque
Weren't you concerned about the baby alligators and their fondness for Vienna Sausage?
HAHAHAHAHA, get em Vlad . Those are the little tiny hotdog thingys that come in a jar
post #109 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckingfellers
HAHAHAHAHA, get em Vlad . Those are the little tiny hotdog thingys that come in a jar
i came in jar once....
actually, here in new york's "OC", we had no gators, only huge snapping turtles....we have a tank with two baby snapping turtles right next to the monitor, here.
post #110 of 113
OOPS! Responded to Wrong Thread! Sorry!
post #111 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisamarie
Sometimes, merely refusing to stop cultivating an unquenchable lust for beauty and truth and orgasmic life is the most profound and important thing you can resolve to do.

orgasmic, lisamarie?
post #112 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad
orgasmic, lisamarie?
Roger That Vlad, I feel ya on this.
post #113 of 113
i wonder how neale brownson feels about all this orgasm posting
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion