or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OMG... Bode strikes again! - Page 2

post #31 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_steep
Uh, that's completely untrue. The fact of the matter is, Armstrong has been tested more times than any other professional athlete and never once tested positive.
as long as we're following "truth",

we know the testing schemata are flawed. we know there are false positives and false negatives. and we know that the coaches and the UCI, all of them, are corrupted by fiscal interests.

if you think Lance hasn't used any drugs, or that others haven't,

you're believing a narrow set of facts, carefully tailored.

that's my guess, anyway. you'll likely disagree, I'm sure.
post #32 of 44
to believe that he has is - isn't it? - to believe things even more narrow and more tailored, with perhaps elements not so far from sinister - or at least sour grapes - added here and there.

you know more about that world than i do, gonz, but seems to me (and you have the j.d., not me) it's cheap to conclude that he has, when he keeps testing clean.

something about presuming innocence first (no matter one's suspicions)?

all ears.
post #33 of 44
Safety in numbers. He just wants everyone to think that all good atheleted dope because everyone knows he does.
post #34 of 44
If you've ever watched Bode on The Bus, he's always grumping about something. He's an easterner, so there's a bit of homespun philosopher and observer there, and he does both.
He reckons a lot of stuff sucks, and he'll grump about it.
One of the things I really like about him.
post #35 of 44
Yet another Bode Miller thread?: (I really wish there was an emoticon like the eek, but being gagged with a 2x4). Those who criticise him really need to clean up their own psyche before projecting their limitations on someone they will likely never meet.

My opinion on Bode is, dang, the guy must really rip on skis for the uptightees to make such a to-do about his comments, otherwise, why would anyone glom onto him as a target for their misplaced frustrated expectations for social decorum?:
post #36 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainiac
Pyoor feller's lack of education shows.......
Unless I'm missing the humour here, this is the most condescending thing I've ever read at Epic.

Yuk.

...and what is your point?
post #37 of 44
He's a great skier first....however he is the classic anti-hero Americain, l'enfant terrible (where is phillipeR?), even though he is white (trash?), he irritates and provokes those who worship normalcy by playing the edge of all rules. Then there are the boyish good looks, the booze, the early hardship, his pluck and luck, his ultimate (drugged?) wild ride on the mountain of success; he's a myriad of Americana characters: small town boy makes good. He is rebel. We have to be happy for him and buy something, least we violate virtuous American obsessions.

To Europeans perhaps he is the consummate American icon: a jazz like improvisor from culturally oppressed origins from which he has escaped, even though he is white, (he would have been a god to them had he been black), to an appreciative European sanctuary, a reeking, bawdry, carnivalesque Barnum & Baily show, and yeller/barker promoter of his own and the crassest American materialism, a primitive, swaggering, hormone crazy cowboy skiing from the hip, a rich, disdainful corporate icon who disregards the FIS law while grinding those opposed and competing with him under ski/jack boot, a dashing decadent cad who seduces and deflowers staid, innocent European skiers.

Without the skiing, he would be just like you, you know: a vomited hairball of juvenile alternative culture covered with the phlegm of semi-literacy/consiousness.
post #38 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_steep
Uh, that's completely untrue. The fact of the matter is, Armstrong has been tested more times than any other professional athlete and never once tested positive.
Lance took EPO while recovering from cancer. Look at his remarks on the upcoming AMGEN sponsored Tour of California.
post #39 of 44

He should just shut up and ski!

Character lends to the celebrity status of an athlete. But that's not the only reason an athlete becomes famous.

Does any one wonder why we haven't seen much of him in the media until the past few months? It's because somone out there in publicity land wanted him to make a fuss to bring attention to the US olympic team.

Mission accomplished! NOW SKI!
post #40 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic
Lance took EPO while recovering from cancer. Look at his remarks on the upcoming AMGEN sponsored Tour of California.
I don't think there is an athlete out there who takes his physical well being more seriously than Lance Armstrong. I'm sure he did what was necessary to recover from cancer but after the fact....he turned his body into a precision machine.
post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick
I don't think there is an athlete out there who takes his physical well being more seriously than Lance Armstrong. I'm sure he did what was necessary to recover from cancer but after the fact....he turned his body into a precision machine.
Necessary and *legal*. He wasn't competing and he's never tested positive as a competitor.
post #42 of 44
I'm not sure where I picked up the idea, but I had heard that Lance has a unique biological condition that produces only a third as much lactic acid as normal through muscle exertion.

If that is true, he doesn't need to dope anything. That would be a massive advantage already.

Anyone know if thats a fallacy?
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxjl
I'm not sure where I picked up the idea, but I had heard that Lance has a unique biological condition that produces only a third as much lactic acid as normal through muscle exertion.

If that is true, he doesn't need to dope anything. That would be a massive advantage already.

Anyone know if thats a fallacy?
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...mstrong_2.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance_armstrong
post #44 of 44
I've heard that Bode isn't skiing this weekend in Germany, he's in hard training for the Olympics, in Dubai! There's dedication for you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion