or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

olympic snowboard team

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
any of you catch the US Grand Prix to qualify the team in half-pipe?

those guys (and gals) are way sick! looks we have a strong team going to Torino.

i was happy to see Andy Finch pull off his runs. that flyin tomato kid is going off in his own world eh, 10's and 9's look easy for him.

anyways, someday i hope to grow up and be like d. kass
post #2 of 11
One of the team I think calls Sugarbowl their home mountain. I'll double check.

DC
post #3 of 11
Here's the full list. Jayson Hale and Nate Holland are Squaw boardercross riders.

SNOWBOARDCROSS
Men
Jayson Hale, 20, Sierraville, Calif.
Nate Holland, 27, Olympic Valley, Calif.
Jason Smith, 24, Basalt, Colo.
Seth Wescott, 29, Kingfield, Maine
Women
Lindsey Jacobellis, 20, Stratton, Vt.

HALFPIPE
Men

Mason Aguirre, 18, Duluth, Minn.
Andy Finch, 24, Fresno, Calif.
Danny Kass, 23, Hamburg, N.J. (2002 Olympics)
Shaun White, 19, Carlsbad, Calif.
Women
Gretchen Bleiler, 24, Aspen/Snowmass Village, Colo.
Kelly Clark, 22, Mount Snow, Vt. (2002)
Elena Hight, 16, Zephyr Cove, Nev.
Hannah Teter, 18, Belmont, Vt.

ALPINE
Men

Tyler Jewell, 28, Sudbury, Mass.
Women
Rosey Fletcher, 30, Girdwood, Alaska (1998, 2002)
Michelle Gorgone, 22, Sudbury, Mass.
post #4 of 11
Jayson Hale I guess is the one I'm thinking of. I guess he calls Squaw his home mountain. Great job..

His Mom is an instructor at Sugarbowl.
post #5 of 11
Where did you leave JayJay Anderson?????
He should be competing in Parallel and Snowboardcross - shouldn't he?
post #6 of 11
yep-
i caught it, alright.
i spent the event at the starting gate, keeping the media and fans the hell away from the athletes, and BSing with some of my old nemeses who now coach.
good times.
post #7 of 11

Living Ledgend 1

Jay West...

As I live and breath, almost fell over when I say you on this post. What are you up to these days? Give me a shout back when you get a chance.It would be great to catch up.

Jonah D.

jonah@parkavebike.com
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra
Here's the full list. Jayson Hale and Nate Holland are Squaw boardercross riders.

SNOWBOARDCROSS
Men
Jayson Hale, 20, Sierraville, Calif.
Nate Holland, 27, Olympic Valley, Calif.
Jason Smith, 24, Basalt, Colo.
Seth Wescott, 29, Kingfield, Maine
Women
Lindsey Jacobellis, 20, Stratton, Vt.

HALFPIPE
Men

Mason Aguirre, 18, Duluth, Minn.
Andy Finch, 24, Fresno, Calif.
Danny Kass, 23, Hamburg, N.J. (2002 Olympics)
Shaun White, 19, Carlsbad, Calif.
Women
Gretchen Bleiler, 24, Aspen/Snowmass Village, Colo.
Kelly Clark, 22, Mount Snow, Vt. (2002)
Elena Hight, 16, Zephyr Cove, Nev.
Hannah Teter, 18, Belmont, Vt.

ALPINE
Men

Tyler Jewell, 28, Sudbury, Mass.
Women
Rosey Fletcher, 30, Girdwood, Alaska (1998, 2002)
Michelle Gorgone, 22, Sudbury, Mass.
thanks for the full list!
only Lindsey Jacobellis for womens sbx? anyone know why there wasn't more than one?
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremecarver
Where did you leave JayJay Anderson?????
He should be competing in Parallel and Snowboardcross - shouldn't he?
I think the Canadians would be upset if he defected to the US! http://www.csf.ca/highperformance/jjanderson.html
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 

for trekchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekchick
Nothing but Positive things have been written on this fourm about Shaun. Nothing but positive has been performed by Shaun during his quest for the olympics. When he stumbled, he rose to the occasion and Rocked the Half Pipe!
His bandana was not offensive in any way, but supportive of his country.
Way to Go Shaun

just thought i'd point out an earlier thread for trekchick
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozero
thanks for the full list!
only Lindsey Jacobellis for womens sbx? anyone know why there wasn't more than one?
16 total olympic spots for US Snowboarding.

Max 4 per event.
Best medal chances in Pipe: 8 spots gone. 4 different men on podium for World cup BX this year. criteria puts them as automatics. Lindsay a shoe in ofr womens BX. the mens alpine was actually contested (klug thought he should be on the list) the women had the best results for the season based on results, and there are your 16.

the bigger problem is that they kept the number of athletes the same, while adding mens and womens BX. that killed the alpine team....

Bomber online has a lot of discussion about hte selection criteria in the racing forum, but this should answer your question.

Basically, USOC/ USST wants to put forth the best chances for medalling...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: