I live in Cleveland area and demo days are coming to our "hill" on 1/6-8. Here are my FACTS
- 6' 170# "raw" weight, 47 years "young" good athletic shape.
- Ski ability- get ready- once in last 15 years! (kids, job, location, etc), lived in Portland OR prior and skied a fair amount,so I would say I was level 8, went once last year, now 6/7, but was doing much better by days end.
- Best news- wealthy bro-in-law bought 800K ski-in-ski-out house in Breckenridge this summer. Going there in late Feb '06 with son for a week, and planning more for the future, no doubt yearly.
- Want to buy skis and have read lots here, great info. So the Demo,Demo, Demo advise I am trying to heed. However, I am not sure I could tell the difference between a 2 x 4, M10 ,and Dynastar 4800 ski!!!!! What suggestions would anyone have, given small hill and mediocre form to allow me to make a good choice? Any techniques I should use on hill to differentiate skis that would help?
- Also I have to learn to carve these new skis, again lots of info here I have been digilently trying to absorb. Going very slow and working on form seem great tips. Again, anything I could learn on a demo that would help me pick?
- Skis that interest me: Atomic:M9, M10, Nordica:Nitrous, Dynastar 4800, 8000,Intuitive 74, Rossi B2, Volkl 724 pro.
- Main usage of skis would be Breck first, Western NY 2nd, crappy OH for warm ups.
- Any help would be appreciated.