EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Market Place › Classifieds › Classified Archive › WTB: Retro race ski
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WTB: Retro race ski

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Our club is having a retro night this season and I tought it was great idea... people were even talking about running a straight slalom like it in the old days Anyway, anybody has anything retro (80's, or even 70's, to about 96-97) in manageable shape mounted for a 304mm? Not looking to pay a fortune either, a few dollars plus shipping, but if you have something sitting in your garage, this is your chance to sell it to some madman. Binding must be safe condition and since this'll be the last time I ski something out of the macho length era, the longer the better!!!!

What I would like:
Fischer RC4
Funky Dynastars (white with red stabilisator tips!)
Rossis 7ks
Kästle hero skis (you know the type: full of metal and unbendable)

But seriously, anything that still has life for a few runs and that can handle an icy slalom course is fine.
post #2 of 19

retro rockets

Have the following

-1989 olin rts 205 drilled once for look z turntables 205(my alltime favs)
-1992 rossignol 4sk (rare black) drilled twice for marker and salomon 200
-1992 head tr16 drilled once for salomon 190 or 195 would have to look
-1993 olin dtsl 200
all have storage wax the head is in fair shape the others are ready to go...

might be a few more down there....
bad news, pulled the bindings...:
good news, all but the heads drilled for 304mm boot - yep I ski tnt's too!

any are free for you - you pay the packing and freight to quebec....I dunno how much it would be....

I do have one pair of mint 203 rossi 4sk w sal equipe 757 race stock bindings..can't have those tho, saving those for my retro fests!
post #3 of 19
Dang, you are a week late. I had some Salomon S9000 1S's in a 212 (PR8), that were just made into a headboard.

There WERE some K2 VO-Slaloms on Ebay, a truely MANLY ski.
post #4 of 19
http://sporting-goods.search.ebay.com/skis_W0QQa41067Z44220QQalistZa41067QQcatrefZC12QQf romZR8QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQgcsZ1858QQpfidZ2656QQpfmod eZ2QQreqtypeZ1QQsacatZQ2d100

Here is a list of what is on Ebay that is over 190cm. I would be partial to the Olin Mark VI, Rossi FP VAS or the Atomic Red Sleds.
post #5 of 19
Responding to Phil's post, I would go for the Fritzmeyer's. Who could resist that name!!!
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffr
Our club is having a retro night this season and I tought it was great idea... people were even talking about running a straight slalom like it in the old days Anyway, anybody has anything retro (80's, or even 70's, to about 96-97) in manageable shape mounted for a 304mm? Not looking to pay a fortune either, a few dollars plus shipping, but if you have something sitting in your garage, this is your chance to sell it to some madman. Binding must be safe condition and since this'll be the last time I ski something out of the macho length era, the longer the better!!!!

What I would like:
Fischer RC4
Funky Dynastars (white with red stabilisator tips!)
Rossis 7ks
Kästle hero skis (you know the type: full of metal and unbendable)

But seriously, anything that still has life for a few runs and that can handle an icy slalom course is fine.
just got some old black rossi 7sk about 175cm, as i trashed the 2 (factory) pairs of the later yellow ones.

the bases are shot with using them on dry slope, but there is tons of edge left beneath the rust. geze 929 bindings IIRC

not sure you would be after the UK to US postage though! about £35, or $60...........

or some salomon 225cm white downhill skis with derbyflex, blocks etc....

some 200cm dynastar s9, with dayglo orange bases,

finally some 189 shrink wrapped race stock dynastar st
post #7 of 19
I have the following:

-Rossi 7GK stylish purple/silver fade - 205cm mounted with 977E for 284cm
-K2 "Test" Ski - 207cm? GS ski from VO slalom era - drilled for Marker MR 4-pivot (say no to twincam) which I have in a box
-Volant V Max SL - 200-203cm - no graphics - no bindings, drilled for tele bindings once
post #8 of 19
I think I still have a pair of unmounted HART (that's HART!) SL skis with a nice hot pink topsheet.

I'll take $100 plus shipping.
post #9 of 19
OMG, someone has a pair of 207 Red Sleds on there at a "buy it now" price of $249.
post #10 of 19
hot pink yellow trim solomon mounted dynamic VR27 204s. raced on 4 times between 90-91 in high school, they'll fit your 304s. almost perfect bases and you just can't buy this kind of style anymore.

$25 just cause they're sentimental, and if you're near tremblant or ottawa I'll deliver...
post #11 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
hot pink yellow trim solomon mounted dynamic VR27 204s. raced on 4 times between 90-91 in high school, they'll fit your 304s. almost perfect bases and you just can't buy this kind of style anymore.

$25 just cause they're sentimental, and if you're near tremblant or ottawa I'll deliver...
What model of Sallies is on the ski? I don't live near Tremblant or Ottawa tough, are you in Canada?
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffr
Our club is having a retro night this season and I tought it was great idea... people were even talking about running a straight slalom like it in the old days Anyway, anybody has anything retro (80's, or even 70's, to about 96-97) in manageable shape mounted for a 304mm? Not looking to pay a fortune either, a few dollars plus shipping, but if you have something sitting in your garage, this is your chance to sell it to some madman. Binding must be safe condition and since this'll be the last time I ski something out of the macho length era, the longer the better!!!!

What I would like:
Fischer RC4
Funky Dynastars (white with red stabilisator tips!)
Rossis 7ks
Kästle hero skis (you know the type: full of metal and unbendable)

But seriously, anything that still has life for a few runs and that can handle an icy slalom course is fine.
I've got some 203 cm Dynastar red-donut-tip GS skis from the 80s mounted with Marker MRs. I was just getting ready to convert them into an Adirondack chair! I'll check my boot size this evening and let you know what size boot they're mounted for.

The skis are well used but I got a really nice tune on them before demoting them to rock ski status. They haven't seen snow since they were tuned.

I'll take 29 cents U.S. plus shipping costs, not a penny less.
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarlito

I'll take 29 cents U.S. plus shipping costs, not a penny less.
Becareful, it sounds like an Ebay scam, he is charging a low price, but is going to hit you on the shipping.
post #14 of 19
Authier Vampires are the skis you want to show up on!
post #15 of 19

Dynamics

jeffr...

I live in Ottawa...Solomon binder model, not sure since they're not beside me. Something from that era, maybe an old 857 if memory serves me correct. Nothing indemnified to be sure after this many years, but only used a year so springs should still be fine since the tension was let off every spring.
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Pugliese
Becareful, it sounds like an Ebay scam, he is charging a low price, but is going to hit you on the shipping.
Hey, it ain't the shipping that puts the cost over the top, it's the "handling." But it's moot: my bindings are set up for larger boots (318 mm). Looks like the Dynastars are going to meet the Sawzall ski-shortening system.
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Pugliese
Authier Vampires are the skis you want to show up on!
I have a friend who had those in the 90's. They are so cool! Perhaps the most beautiful skis I have seen, except for some of the the Scotty Bob's.
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by interfacing74
jeffr...

I live in Ottawa...Solomon binder model, not sure since they're not beside me. Something from that era, maybe an old 857 if memory serves me correct. Nothing indemnified to be sure after this many years, but only used a year so springs should still be fine since the tension was let off every spring.
857 are scary due to the inferior plastics that were used in the day. You want to show up on either 727/737 or some orange 555E's
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierzzzzzz
I think I still have a pair of unmounted HART (that's HART!) SL skis with a nice hot pink topsheet.

I'll take $100 plus shipping.
I have NEW straight Javelins and F17's, as well as Many OLD Harts available, some w/bindings, some not. Let me know what you might like! (Most are around 201cm)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classified Archive
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Market Place › Classifieds › Classified Archive › WTB: Retro race ski