EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go › Lookin' 2 Hook Up In NE PA...Blue Mt...Weekdaze...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lookin' 2 Hook Up In NE PA...Blue Mt...Weekdaze...

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
howdy, kidz,

my home mt is www.skibluemt.com; just 30 min north of the lehigh valley, pa (allentown, bethlehem & easton).

would really enjoy meeting skiers during the weekday. my regular ski days are tu, wd & th. but can meet anyone m-f. skiing any where in the poconos' on the w/e is an oxymoron.

check out the website, it really ain't too bad for a small area.

all my skis are sl's with 100% fluro; just to give you some info on my level.:

i'm always interested in learning more as well as helping those who want to get better.

look forward to playing on the snow with some 'bears'!
post #2 of 17
check out www.paskiandride.com a lot of PA skiers there. Finndog here has a pass at blue too.
post #3 of 17
Finally getting on the snow and then playing nice with HS must explain Phil passing up a chance to bash Blue...
post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI-3PO
Finally getting on the snow and then playing nice with HS must explain Phil passing up a chance to bash Blue...
Who knows...There MIGHT be peace in the world after all.
post #5 of 17
Yeah, I wonder if he fell and did some damage to his brain. It sounds like this guy is new so Phil is being very, very, very nice! Even though I have a pass, I admit Blue sucks! I swear that they only hire blind groomers.
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finndog
Yeah, I wonder if he fell and did some damage to his brain. It sounds like this guy is new so Phil is being very, very, very nice! Even though I have a pass, I admit Blue sucks! I swear that they only hire blind groomers.
Haha, very true !

Edit: It is very true that Blue hires blind groomers and sucks. I don't know if it is true that Phil fell down and did damage to his brain.
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 

Now, boyz, let's play nice...

ok, kidz,

i'm NOT interested in you guyz gettin' into a pissin' contest as to who's opinion (& i'm sure y'all 'now what they say about opinions...) about who can 'dis' various aspects of blue mt.

i started the thread because i'm lookin' to ski with other people who want to meet on the slopes & have fun.

if you feel the need to continually act out your pet peeve’s about blue, please start another thread to do so.

that, being said, i have a ? why you'd bother to spend over $400 on a season's pass if you think the conditions are so bad. imho, only a fool would put out that much $ for a service they deem deplorable. or that you have more $ than sense, which probably is true regardless of the reasons you may have for buying a pass.:

or perhaps you are one of the blind groomers & get a free employee pass.

additionally, i'm not new (& am a supporter of epic, which i encourage anyone to do who has benefited from this valuable resource) but don't feel the need to post every thought that crosses my mind...discression IS the better part of valor.:

anyway...

i would enjoy meeting you on the slopes to lay down some rr tracks on razor's edge.

i'm anticipating an early december opening which would be great.

see you there...right, phil?!
post #8 of 17
Where id I get such a bad rap? :angel: As far as seeing me at Blue????? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
post #9 of 17
Sorry, my fault for sending the thread in an unnecessary direction.

I'll ski Blue occasionally, but usually very early on a weekend day when I have no tolerance for driving any further. If I'm taking a day off work, I will usually choose to drive further. Although, I did get a free midweek ticket with my new jacket, so I'll probably be there for a midweek day sometime this season.
post #10 of 17
Phil, no bad rap brotha' you know we just know and love ya! About he brain thing, I know two things, 1- you really don't fall and two, with that new fuse on your head, you're good to go. I think our newbie misunderstood good teasing over bashing. I'll call you later. I am heading up to Windham 11/26?????
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceacim
ok, kidz,

i'm NOT interested in you guyz gettin' into a pissin' contest as to who's opinion (& i'm sure y'all 'now what they say about opinions...) about who can 'dis' various aspects of blue mt.

i started the thread because i'm lookin' to ski with other people who want to meet on the slopes & have fun.

if you feel the need to continually act out your pet peeve’s about blue, please start another thread to do so.

that, being said, i have a ? why you'd bother to spend over $400 on a season's pass if you think the conditions are so bad. imho, only a fool would put out that much $ for a service they deem deplorable. or that you have more $ than sense, which probably is true regardless of the reasons you may have for buying a pass.:

or perhaps you are one of the blind groomers & get a free employee pass.

additionally, i'm not new (& am a supporter of epic, which i encourage anyone to do who has benefited from this valuable resource) but don't feel the need to post every thought that crosses my mind...discression IS the better part of valor.:

anyway...

i would enjoy meeting you on the slopes to lay down some rr tracks on razor's edge.

i'm anticipating an early december opening which would be great.

see you there...right, phil?!
Dude, no one on this thread is bashing or trashin' anyone. If you are familiar with this forum you would know that Phil deplores Blue and won't even ski there for free. I ski with him and we joke about blue all the time. Now as far as me, Its 1 hour door-2-door so its convenient. It's marginally better than CB so I go there. I go about 8:00 and ski till 11:00-11:30 on Sundays or until the mobs of creatins wake their lazy butts up and invade the runs. I've said this before but blue could be a great little gem if it was run correctly, buts its not and its a shame. If you want to ski a great little gem, lets all go to Elk, and Phil will join us! (I also ski Blue on Wednesdays.)
post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 

Great, FinnDog...We Have A Regular Wed Date For The Season...

finndog,

what time do you usually get there. i'm there between 8-8:30 am, so I can eat a good breakfast (which is cheap & plentiful!! for a ski lodge). i leave around 3:30-4pm when the kids get out of school.:

i get up to elk for the 4 demo days during the season. an excellent day all round!

let me know when you're gonna be starting your wed skiing. lookin' forward to playin' w you in the snow. still would love to have phil join us.
post #13 of 17
Bruce: I ski with Finn & Phil, but don't hold that against me. I have a weekday pass at Blue & plan to be there 2 or three times a week pretty regularly. It's usually so empty before lunch that I don't kill myself to get up early, & arrive at 9 or 9:30, stop for a snack, & leave around 2:30. In addition to Wed with Finn, we'll have to pick some other days. I'm considering the a.m. gate program. Know anything about it? And I'm up for the demo days at Elk. Phil, Finn & I had a ball there last year. I made two of them. Evan.
post #14 of 17
Thread Starter 

Matty A'Matto...AM Gate Program...Excellent...

evan

i taught at blue for 9 seasons, till i broke my femur on the ides of march '00 (i now have great empathy for caesar). the ss would clinic every day at least twice a day. matty was the ssd for a few yrs as well as the head race coach (still is) for many many yrs.

i remember a clinic at the headwall of challenge. fortunately, the snow was a bit soft as opposed to the normal boiler plate. matty wanted us to do high speed outrigger turns & this was just as shapes were being introduced. i think i had some 190's on and still wasn't really comfortable in steeps. so, matty gets about 100' down & he wants us to initiate our turn right around him. now, he had positioned himself about 20' from the side of the run, so we HAD to be fairly precise when we went straight down...no room for error!! plus, we had to be accurate when we started the turn and not plow into matty.

let me tell you, i was pissin' myself...:

well, i did it and didn't really comprehend just what it was all about as far as my own skiing BUT now i do. as a matter of fact, i use the same technique when i teach my private lessons (not affiliated w blue).

i have a great deal of respect for matty, his knowledge base & skill. so i would highly recommend the 6 wk gate clinic.

let me know when you start your season & we can meet.
post #15 of 17
Bruce,

Did you get the Metron B5's????
post #16 of 17
ahhh good 'ol blue
Was there every opening day from soph to senior year when i went to LehighU. Their student discounts are killer for such an accessible area....my coldest day (night skiing) ever was at Blue.....-15F with 20mph steady/ 50mph gusts..they were constantly announcing a no-bare skin warning because of the wind chill....crazy for an E-PA area
post #17 of 17
Thread Starter 

I'm On The Slopes At Blue...

howdy, kidz,

i'm starting my season on tues. i'll be on snow tu, w & th from about 8:30am to 3pm.

send me a message & we'll hookup.

come on out & play.

see ya,

bruce marks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go › Lookin' 2 Hook Up In NE PA...Blue Mt...Weekdaze...