I'm new to racing and have been working hard over the past 2 years practicing GS and SL turns - part of my level 2 British ski instructors exams. I'd say I'm about 70% consistent with my carved short radius turns - same edge angle, skis same distance apart throughout the turn, not diverging, shearing and tails following tips. HOWEVER - the other 30%, I can get a slight A-frame, skis diverge slightly and I get bigger edge angles on my right vs. left hand turns. For my development I need to get up to 100% consistent. What do you guys reckon, I know what I should be doing, but havn't drilled it in yet - is that just lot's more ski miles or have any drills exercises worked wonders for you/your pupils and getting consistency in this turn type? Thanks, Dave.
post #1 of 8
11/8/05 at 6:03am