1) I was leaning towards Baker until BakerBoy scared the living shit out of me with talk of inbounds slides. As I sit here typing with new drawers I am still leaning towards Baker. Is most of the Mountain open?
All of the mountain is open. By the time you get here it will have rained and then snowed again which will help settle the snow pack.
2) I take it Baker sees fewer crowds than Crystral due to location. Is this correct?
You are correct. Weekends are not nearly as crowded.
3) How far from the mountain are Glacier and Bellingham?
About a 1 hour drive from Bellingham, 20 minutes or less from Glacier.
4) I have heard Baker is a tough mountain to figure out if you are not with a local. Does this mean it is just a strange layout, or does it just mean don't venture off the beaten track or you might find yourself 100% ass lost?
It has a strange layout and if you are looking to ski the steep and knarly you should hook up with a local or you could find youself stranded at the top of an unhuckable cliff with a long slog up and out.
5) Are they calling for snow or rain at Crystal and Baker this Friday and Saturday? I got onto the NWS NOAA site to check out the forcast. Unfortunately I don't have a clue which geographic zones the ski areas fall into.
Rain Wednesday and Thursday, snow Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Here are some sites to help you out:http://www.skitiger.com/weather/sea2.htmhttp://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_foreca...lon=-121.67875http://www.nwac.us/products/SABNW
6) Crytal or Baker? For the skiing which is better?
Crystal is much larger, more vertical. Baker is smaller and quirky but has buttloads of snow. Right now I would choose Baker because it has a base that covers everything without restriction.