EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Market Place › Classifieds › Classified Archive › NSR Camera gear F.S.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NSR Camera gear F.S. - Page 3

post #61 of 88
Uppity fag put in his place. I'm sure you'll sleep better.
post #62 of 88
Boy, does this thread ever have a "It's our sandbox and we'll tell you what the rules are"...

By the way, I'm weighing in on MBS's side; he's been getting beat up something fierce for no good reason. I can't see how this kind of hostile reception can be good for the reputation of EpicSki.
post #63 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstraw
Oh, and for the record, I am a professional photographer...
Oh yeah, I forgot...me too! And I 'm also a ski model too. And a numatist as well...if it matters. :
post #64 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvemeister
Holy Crap! This is the kind of childish arguing that goes on all day long in the Epic Supporter's Whining Lounge. :

Sorry, but I'm sticking my neck out and backing the admittedly hostile seller. I don't see him throwing out the first insult. I'd say it was more subtle, but actually occurrs here:


If you're going to tell a professional photographer/camera salesman that he doesn't know his ass from his elbow, in his own thread, you should at least know what you're talking about.



I'm sorry, but the generally accepted meaning of "mint" is as stated by bakerskier. He's not selling collectible items like coins or comic books, where "mint" has a different meaning.

In the real world of eBay and other marketplaces for functional goods such as lenses, ski gear, clothing, etc, the meaning of "mint" varies slightly, but it is generally understood by the buyer who is not looking to pick a fight as used, but nearly perfect; looks brand new, but has been used; etc.

Bakerskier's original description of the Canon lens was accurate, and accusing him of being untrustworthy or inaccurate is ridiculous. It's obvious that some people have no knowledge of camera equipment, and should pipe down with their own highly inaccurate and irrelevant comments.

Let the guy sell his stuff. Unless you have hard evidence of a scam, then shut the f$#k up already. Go back to the regular Whining Lounge. Bakerskier's getting hot under the collar, but I can't say I blame him. He made an honest post and everybody's nitpicking over the term "mint."
Nicely put. I kinda like how some jumped in to "gang up" on him as well. It didn't work, u just came off looking like jackasses. But that's just one guy's opinion.. :
post #65 of 88
People sure seem to interpolate a lot of content into other people's posts. I've said precisely what I meant to say and there's no need to read between the lines. I do not think nor have I suggested that I think MBS is perpetrating a scam. I differ with his use of the word "Mint," which his preferred source of equipment ratings points out is a common mistake. My first post in this thread was an expresion of my own wish that I could buy the lens. I attacked no one. I've defended my caveat about the use of that term. Since civility is being abandoned in favor of "sandbox" etiquette, I'm done.
post #66 of 88
Jstraw, this is the third or fourth time you promised to leave. Hopefully its the last.
post #67 of 88
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=29578



Your hero in action, who is being 'beat up on' for no good reason.:

His quote:

Prety blatent spam there.

I seriously doubt that your book and instruction is going to be the end all answer to being a better skier. Especially if you would realise that the best skiers in the industry are good because tehy developed there own set of skills that work for them, not some bullshit somebody is trying to tell them is the "correct" way to ski.
post #68 of 88
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonni
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=29578



Your hero in action, who is being 'beat up on' for no good reason.:

His quote:

Prety blatent spam there.

I seriously doubt that your book and instruction is going to be the end all answer to being a better skier. Especially if you would realise that the best skiers in the industry are good because tehy developed there own set of skills that work for them, not some bullshit somebody is trying to tell them is the "correct" way to ski.
You idiotic piece of shit, instead of trying to keep a pissing contest going, why dont you read the rest of my post in that other thread.
post #69 of 88
Bonni / J Straw
go away
post #70 of 88
Pay me that dollar Winthorp, I told you it was genetics, not environment!!
post #71 of 88
I'm an idiotic piece of shit. This isn't personal, is it?
post #72 of 88
What the heck is going on here!

I had a whole rant on this to post, but my power went off and I lost it, so ...here it is more or less summarized.

Post #28 asks a legitimate question, one that many people here do not know the answer to. #30's response is totally uncalled for, as is much of the attitude this person has given the readers right from the beginning.

This is a Skiing forum, not a photography forum. Do not assume that all people here know about photograpy and photography equipment.

It might be a little easier to understand the original poster's attitude if this post had been made in a photography forum.

Please realize that although not all people here are professional photographers, some may own, or want to own some better quality (professional) gear and may have real questions they would like answered...since you brought it up by advertising the gear here.

I am a clarinetist, though not a professional and actually not that great. I own a professional model Buffet R13 clarinet with silver keys(not plated, real silver). I own it because I want (and need) every advantage the professional model can afford me. If I were to post a Buffet R13 clarinet here for sale I am sure there would be some questions. The name and model # do not necessarily mean anything to people who do not play an instrument.

If a question was asked about the instrument I would do my best to answer it... I would not call the person who asked it stupid or insult them otherwise. There has to be a reason they are asking.
As for the LIKE NEW, MINT questions...here's my take.
This clarinet I own is not NEW and it is not in it's original case (it is actually in a much better one). If I were going to sell it I would probably advertise it as "LIKE NEW". You could put it side by side with a new one and you would not be able to visually tell it was an older one. You could also have them both play tested and there would be no detectible difference. My clarinet has the same luster as other NEW wooden clarinets. All of the pads look new (one or two are). I take excellent care of it. I suppose I could say it was in MINT condition too.

That whole debate is stupid...to jump on someone over that was just looking to start something.

My suggestion: Before you start jumping all over someone for asking something, or making a statement you don't agree with consider the audience. This is a very diverse group...there are many different skills and passions we have to share...some go beyond skiing. It's OK to share these...it's not ok to jump on someone because they ask you a question related to your post. Have some patience and realize that not all people are from the same background. If you post something that is off topic (non-skiing) do not expect everyone to be an expert...even if you are (or think you are). No matter how much you know, there is always someone who knows more...or different things than you do...about the same things.

Calm down guys and gals...SNOW WILL BE HERE SOON!
post #73 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachskiljp
What the heck is going on here!

Post #28 asks a legitimate question, one that many people here do not know the answer to. #30's response is totally uncalled for, as is much of the attitude this person has given the readers right from the beginning...
Ah, such a conundrum. At first it appears to be a black diamond, but alas there is an easier way down:

Refer first to smarmy retorts in posts #13 & 14.
Then proceed to false accusations of a misleading descripton in post #16.
Then to the inevitable B.L.E.V.E. beginning in post #17.
After that, its simply a classic wild west Bucket of Blood Saloon brawl. :
post #74 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachskiljp
What the heck is going on here!

Thanks teach, for the support.

However, truth be told, while the question regarding variable aperture lenses in what ever post # that was ---was a legitimate and genuine question---one for which I never did get a real answer ---the rest I orchestrated, not necessarily in jest---because I truly don't like the attitude Grant displays to those that don't fawn over his accomplishments---but was meant to be a cariciture.

I'd like to add that I think he is one hell of a ski photog, and very likley a very fine skier as well---you can't get those shots being an overwieght, 50 something hack like me.

I'll simplify for you Gunderson, I was egging you on. While I am not all that proud of it, It needed to be done if for no other reason than I felt like it. Which is precisely the reason I suspect you say many of the things you say to people---You felt like it!!

Guess what---

I acomplished EXACTLY what I set out to do. And it was not that hard.


Thanks for the entertainment.
post #75 of 88
My comment referred to post 28 where the legitimate question was asked and the response it got in #30.

I just went back and read the first few posts again and the ones you referred me to, carvemaster. The information mtbakerskier gives in post 11 for "the industry standard for rating camera gear" in deed does not include the rating MINT. Both jstraw and skier_j just simply point that out. IMHO- mtbakerskier has NO reason to "go off" on them. He used the term, then posted something that was supposed to back up what he said, and the key information, for what ever reason, was not present. "Is this really that difficult to comprehend?" was not called for. Had that not been typed there, I feel, this thread would not have headed south.
post #76 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachskiljp
Had that not been typed there, I feel, this thread would not have headed south.
Such naïvity.
post #77 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Morgan
Such naïvity.
My opinion, my feelings...

Call me naive if you want, I truly feel that comment asked for the controversy which has ensued. Without that comment, there is a good possibility that things would not have turned as they did. The posts before the comment were made were quite legitimate...there was no mention of "MINT" condition in the source of rating that was posted. Had I not been at work and unable to post, I may have also said something. We are not mind readers and can not read what is on other posters minds...and we surely cannot know that key information was accidently omitted. We were given a source that was supposed to support the claim that was made and did not. If you post a source of information that is supposed to back and support your claim then you should verify its accuracy first.
post #78 of 88
skier_j, your post above is a pretty sad statement. Whatever issues you, Bonni, and gonzostrike are dealing with these days, I'd sure appreciate it if you dealt with them somewhere else. Watching you guys attack nearly every newcomer and plenty of old timers is getting old. Really old. And watching others who are usually pretty reasonable people jump into your self-centered games is getting borderline depressing. It is bad enough in the Lounge - and even worse when you guys drag this crap out into the general forums.
post #79 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Morgan
Such naïvity.
How do you get the two little dots over the "i" in naivity. That's mint!
post #80 of 88
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_j
Thanks teach, for the support.

However, truth be told, while the question regarding variable aperture lenses in what ever post # that was ---was a legitimate and genuine question---one for which I never did get a real answer ---the rest I orchestrated, not necessarily in jest---because I truly don't like the attitude Grant displays to those that don't fawn over his accomplishments---but was meant to be a cariciture.

I'd like to add that I think he is one hell of a ski photog, and very likley a very fine skier as well---you can't get those shots being an overwieght, 50 something hack like me.

I'll simplify for you Gunderson, I was egging you on. While I am not all that proud of it, It needed to be done if for no other reason than I felt like it. Which is precisely the reason I suspect you say many of the things you say to people---You felt like it!!

Guess what---

I acomplished EXACTLY what I set out to do. And it was not that hard.


Thanks for the entertainment.


Hey, I’m generally a nice guy, and just ask anyone that actually knows me and they will tell you that I have one of the best attitudes in the business (hell, it would be impossible to be in this business if you didn’t have a good attitude since no one would give you lift tickets otherwise). That being said I get REALLY PISSED OFF at OVERLY ANAL PRICKS. If your going to act like a anal prick expect to be treated like one. I am not trying to flaunt my occupation, experiences or accomplishments, but if your going to question my character / actions / or even more importantly my credibility expect me to defend my self, my opinions, actions and even more so my credibility. My credibility and my reputation our extremely important to me, and our something that I feel more people should care about in there own lives. If more people cared about their credibility and reputations there would be less scam artists, thieves, pricks, and more genuinely nice people.



That being said I have never ever had my reputation and credibility attacked like this before, sure I don’t give a damn about my spelling, but at least I have the balls to type what I believe and to reason with others. If you don’t like what I say than so be it, form your own opinion. Hell if more people would quit being so god damn lazy, and learn to think for them selves there would be less law suits, and more opportunities to ski. However over analyzing, critiquing, and just being anal will always lead you astray. It doesn’t matter if your studying the results of a scientific experiment, skier style or god for bid a post on a skiing message board. You really should learn to be less anal and have some fun every now and then, you WILL BE HAPPIER, you will LIVE LONGER, and hell you might even become a BETTER SKIER!



I am able to make a decent living doing what I love to do because I am extremely passionate about skiing, and I pay attention to the details that matter, but most importantly I don’t let trivial shit get to me. You have to have an opinion mind, and be able to think on your feet, and make instant decisions whether you’re shooting action pics or skiing an exposed face. Ignoring the opinions of someone that are different than you is no different than burying your head in the sand, it will only serve to make you more ignorant.



If a few people would turn down their level of anal retentiveness, get over this TGR Vs. Epic bullshit, and learned to consider both angles on a subject, everyone involved might actually learn something useful. I’m sure that I can learn a thing or two from an over weight 50 year old, just as I am sure they could learn a few things from someone half there age that has skied 100-200 days a year for the majority of there life. Don’t forget there is always more wrong answers than correct ones, and there is seldom just one correct answer. This is exactly why I have a strong distaste for some people that are backing certain ski designs, or saying that this (insert object, etc.) will make you a better skier. Skiing is just like shooting pics or learning any other skill in life. You will not become a great skier by reading a book, You have to go out spend time on snow and ski with skiers that are better than you, just as you cannot learn to take photos by reading a book, you have to put film (media) in to a camera and go out and shoot a lot of photos, just like you cant learn to drive a car from a book, you have to go out and get behind the wheel
post #81 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dunn
I'm surprised gonzo hasn't thrown in his two cents and padded his post count.
interesting point you make there. care to elaborate?

I don't have any quarrels with MBS's origin post, nor with his system of ratings, nor with his asking prices.

I like the price on the Canon 100-300 lens and if it fits my G3 I might consider buying it.

I don't see the reason for the furor over "mint," cripes, it's just a euphemism and for that reason cannot possibly be precise.

but carry on, folks. carry on.
post #82 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift
skier_j, your post above is a pretty sad statement. Whatever issues you, Bonni, and gonzostrike are dealing with these days, I'd sure appreciate it if you dealt with them somewhere else. Watching you guys attack nearly every newcomer and plenty of old timers is getting old. Really old. And watching others who are usually pretty reasonable people jump into your self-centered games is getting borderline depressing. It is bad enough in the Lounge - and even worse when you guys drag this crap out into the general forums.
oh my. someone needs a time out. not from Epic Ski. from him/herself.
post #83 of 88
Ya know skier_j and Bonni you two people need to seriously get a life !!! I read your posts all over this forum flaming people like it's your damn jobs. Constantly personally attacking people. Why dont you both just leave the man alone and let him sell his freaking equipment. For the record "mint" definately does not mean new only! It is just what MBS said it was above.
Now go get your lives! Shameless to hijack a mans thread while trying to do busisness with your arrogant shit !!!
post #84 of 88
Thread Starter 
The Hasselblad is sold.
post #85 of 88
Just curious, Why sell the hassy?
post #86 of 88
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayl1964
Just curious, Why sell the hassy?
It was just one of several extra bodies, that I just wasnt ussing enough to justify keeping around.
post #87 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvemeister
How do you get the two little dots over the "i" in naivity. That's mint!
Ah.... I hate to get picky, but that is an incorrect usage of the word "mint."
post #88 of 88

Elsewhere

This place is supposed to be about community. Take it elsewhere
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classified Archive
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Market Place › Classifieds › Classified Archive › NSR Camera gear F.S.