New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1 down 18 to go...

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
19 - 0 for the Pats this season. You heard it here first. I saw nothing last night to tell me otherwise. Kick off coverage was a bit weak (Oakland started on the 30 and 35 yard line after every kick off) but other than that this team is quite possibly the best yet.
post #2 of 18

nada chance my friend.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Ridge Racer
19 - 0 for the Pats this season.
I believe you really meant 18-1. And that would be because the MIGHTY EAGLES kicked major booty in Detroit Rock City. :-0
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
lol...I'd worry about the Falcons this Monday night. That's going to be a good one. Most predictions do have the Eagles going back though.
post #4 of 18
Now this is the kind of smack talk I like but both of you boys are delusional.
post #5 of 18
No team who plays the Bills this year will score more than 17 points. No team will gain more than 250 yards. That's a fact, jack.
Best defense in the NFL this year, by a bunch.
Be very afraid.
Smack that.
post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvemeister
No team who plays the Bills this year will score more than 17 points. No team will gain more than 250 yards. That's a fact, jack.
Best defense in the NFL this year, by a bunch.
Be very afraid.
Smack that.
They're up there for sure. I'm certainly not looking past those guys.
post #7 of 18
J.E.T.S. Jets, Jets, Jets...... huh??

Hermy, baby, what happened?
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Ridge Racer
19 - 0 for the Pats this season. You heard it here first. I saw nothing last night to tell me otherwise. Kick off coverage was a bit weak (Oakland started on the 30 and 35 yard line after every kick off) but other than that this team is quite possibly the best yet.
Hey PA Ridge Racer - judging from your PA location, I'd say keep the tape ready from when you jump off the Patriots bandwagon (after the Eagles kill'em) and break both ankles...how can you sell out your home-state team?? At least root for the Steelers...sheesh

(Born 'n raised in Philly myself, transplanted to CA 12 years ago...still bleed green for my Eagles).
post #9 of 18
Speaking of the Eagles, THANKS for the Corey Simon deal! Looks like he'll fit in nicely on the Colts D line. I sure hope we're healthy for out Pats Monday night rematch. Circle Monday Nov 7 on your calendars. Monday Nov 28 will be fun too when the Steelers come to our house. Not talkin' smack here. That always back fires on me.
post #10 of 18
so...how'd week one go.

Pats 1-0
eagles 0-1 (and donnie not looking so good)
Steelers 1-0 (OK_ but who did they beat? - tennessee?)
Buffalo 1-0 (against the houston high school texans)
Colts 1-0
Jets - 0-1 (run over by KC - making me regret choosing their D in my fantasy league)

Its gonna be a fun season. to bad it runs into ski season. I stop caring once the snow flies
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby
Speaking of the Eagles, THANKS for the Corey Simon deal! Looks like he'll fit in nicely on the Colts D line. I sure hope we're healthy for out Pats Monday night rematch. Circle Monday Nov 7 on your calendars. Monday Nov 28 will be fun too when the Steelers come to our house. Not talkin' smack here. That always back fires on me.
Corey's a great player. When motivated he can be a dominating DT. In the Eagles' defensive scheme though, the DT isn't a position to pay top dollar for. I hope he does well for you, unless we meet in Detroit!
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMack
so...how'd week one go.

Pats 1-0
eagles 0-1 (and donnie not looking so good)
Steelers 1-0 (OK_ but who did they beat? - tennessee?)
Buffalo 1-0 (against the houston high school texans)
Colts 1-0
Jets - 0-1 (run over by KC - making me regret choosing their D in my fantasy league)

Its gonna be a fun season. to bad it runs into ski season. I stop caring once the snow flies
Never overreact after week 1 in the NFL. Don't get too high, or too low...fluky things tend to happen. Think the Giants are really a 42-point offense? Are the Niners going 16-0? It's a loooong season...and Donovan and his gang will be back and just fine by next week.
post #13 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yelloboy
Hey PA Ridge Racer - judging from your PA location, I'd say keep the tape ready from when you jump off the Patriots bandwagon (after the Eagles kill'em) and break both ankles...
I've been a Pats fan since I was a kid. There's no bandwagoning (Is that a word?) here.
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by yelloboy
Hey PA Ridge Racer - judging from your PA location, I'd say keep the tape ready from when you jump off the Patriots bandwagon (after the Eagles kill'em) and break both ankles...how can you sell out your home-state team?? At least root for the Steelers...sheesh
Give him a break...He skis at Blue Mountain.
post #15 of 18
Loss to the Cats this week the Steleers next week.
post #16 of 18
Thread Starter 
The Patriots better get their act together quick or their looking at 1-2 next week. I had a bad feeling about this Panther game despite my haughty post to start this thread. I'll admit I'm worried about this Steeler game.
post #17 of 18
ok...I'll shut my cocky ass up now..

at least the entire conference is 1-1 now...
post #18 of 18
May I humbly suggest that if this is to become the seasonal NFL thread we cut and paste the above contents to a new thread with a title that'll encourage broader participation?

Those opposed, it matters not 'cause it's all but done.

To view the new thread go here:
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=29499
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Sports