or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › There goes the neighborhood
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

There goes the neighborhood

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Turns out President Bush will be visiting the new Tamarack Resort for a few days next week. I hope he doesn't enjoy their mountain biking trails so much that he decides to become a regular. Security precautions and the added folks milling about will undoubtedly inconvenience those of us who enjoy spending our leisure time in the area.

I'm just glad he isn't a skier. It would make the whole Tamarack package look a lot more attractive.
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer
Turns out President Bush will be visiting the new Tamarack Resort for a few days next week.
Don't be surprised if your garage-door openers stop working while he's there. Seriously. It happened to us when NATO had a meeting at the Broadmoor a few years ago. They denied everything, of course...
post #3 of 11
When i worked at DV we had the Clintons once, and the Gores twice. What a pain in the *ss. We had to stop loading public load them all together, then leave 5 mty chairs behind thier last chair.
Felt sorry for the Secret Service detail who were watching the house where the Gores stayed. They had no porper winter clothing. Carhart contruction clothing. Maybe be good for construction workers, but these guys needed the stuff to protect them form the weather.
Ya i hope Bush doesn't decide to buy or move around Donnely/ McCall awesome area, mostly unspoiled. If he buys there, there goes the neighborrhood.
post #4 of 11
I suppose you could find a way to keep him in DC!
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer
Turns out President Bush will be visiting the new Tamarack Resort for a few days next week. I hope he doesn't enjoy their mountain biking trails so much that he decides to become a regular...
Given his ability to cycle on the road, it could be interesting!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g8/story/0...523049,00.html
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonni
I suppose you could find a way to keep him in DC!
Judicious deletion...
post #7 of 11
Uh Oh - You just put yourself on the Patriot Act watch list dude
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAU
Uh Oh - You just put yourself on the Patriot Act watch list dude
Ah, but Bonni wasn't talking to *me*. I was just kibitzing. :
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbd
Don't be surprised if your garage-door openers stop working while he's there. Seriously. It happened to us when NATO had a meeting at the Broadmoor a few years ago. They denied everything, of course...
We were up at our cabin in the area this weekend and saw the Presidental fleet of choppers making what appeared to be a practice run Friday evening. Pretty impressive sight, irrespective of how one feels about the current office holder.

We had some friends coming up on Saturday and they said that couldn't reach us on our cabin land line. They got a recorded message about us blocking calls from unknown numbers. We had done no such thing. I tried to call the cabin from my cell phone and got the same message. I don't have a garage door opener to know if they too were on the fritz, but something was clearly up with the phone system. I'm sure it will be all cleared up after the President departs.
post #10 of 11
politicians are ridiculous. i have been at jackson hole while our esteemed vp was in town...it usually results in some part of the mountain closing down. the signs usually say something about poor snow cover...i personally suspect it has more to do with security cover.
i find this humorously offensive in the same vein as the latest bushian PR stunt with lance armstrong. can you imagine? bush has repeated bike accidents on flat rides...i can only imagine how armstrong felt, having to keep bush's pace with a security detail. probably like telling a grad student to attend preschool and match the academic level of his classmates...
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer
We were up at our cabin in the area this weekend and saw the Presidental fleet of choppers making what appeared to be a practice run Friday evening. Pretty impressive sight, irrespective of how one feels about the current office holder.

We had some friends coming up on Saturday and they said that couldn't reach us on our cabin land line. They got a recorded message about us blocking calls from unknown numbers. We had done no such thing. I tried to call the cabin from my cell phone and got the same message. I don't have a garage door opener to know if they too were on the fritz, but something was clearly up with the phone system. I'm sure it will be all cleared up after the President departs.
They jam all freq's so no phone/garage openers can be used to detonate a IED, or missle.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › There goes the neighborhood