Originally Posted by Bonni
And after 21, it's all downhill from there!
Celebrate being alive, checkracer!
Btw, "downhill" sounds no bad but mostly on the snow and with appropriate gear
I should send your detailed post to someone teaching English...
Here, in the Wild East, it´s:
- 12: full price on lift tickets in most resorts (some have 15, none more)
- 15: moped, sex, criminal act responsibility, identity card
- 18: driving license, alcohol, tobbaco, marriage, almost full responsibity in most respects
- 21: driving trucks, member of parliament
- 30: judge
- 40: senator (not sure about the president)
- 60: some old-age benefits, discounts on lift tickets in some resorts
- 70: public transportation free in Prague
- 80: 95% discount on the lift tickets in our biggest resort (you also wonder why not totally free with about 10 sold each season?)
The most special birthday is definitely the 18th bringing full age with most rights. I even didn´t celebrate that one. We were in a training camp then and the coach was not satisfied with our efforts. "No party" was the verdict. We were so tired after the full day that we slept like kids instead...