EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Community Discussions & Forum News › Welcome Party for Madbee, SC, Manus and Rick
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Welcome Party for Madbee, SC, Manus and Rick

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Yikes! Looks like we've had a major East to West exodus to Colorado this year. It's been awhile since I 've had a party at the studio, so this is a good excuse as any.

Mark and I perform on alternate weekends, so I'm thinking about Saturday, August 20th. Let me know what you think, especially the "guests of honor."


This one will have to be pot luck. I'm still paying of the stuff that was not covered for my surgery.
post #2 of 19
I'd love to come but it looks like we won't leave until mid august. Larry has to finish things at the old job.
post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 
Perhaps we should delay it for a few months. Weems will be visiting in early season, and I'd love for you to meet him. Perhaps a day at Loveland, followed by an Apres Ski party would work.
post #4 of 19
Oooooo! Now, you're talking...

Although, we might need to do a summer warm-up for that big party...
post #5 of 19
What a nice gesture Lisamarie,,, THANK YOU! Just name the time and place and I'll be there.

By the way, as much as I love the Colorado Mts., I've unfortunately found something I don't like about them. I've just spent 6 days hand digging 3 foot deep post holes for the fence I'm building for my dogs. 40 holes through rock, boulders, and ground harder than Eastern boiler plate that makes your teeth rattle and throws sparks when the shovel hits it. My hands are now 2 bloody pulps with blisters on top of blisters. We ain't in the Florida sand any more Toto!

But still, I'd dig holes till my hands fell right off it that's what it took to be here. It's good to be home.
post #6 of 19
Hey, Rick, the rental places have these machines... aw, nevermind...
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick

But still, I'd dig holes till my hands fell right off it that's what it took to be here. It's good to be home.
Rick, I know EXACTLY how you feel! It took almost 25 years, but I'm finally back home too! My sympathies to your hands--the things we do for man's best friend!
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh
Hey, Rick, the rental places have these machines... aw, nevermind...
Steve, that's just what I thought; no big deal, I'll just rent an auger and be done in a couple hours. Yea, right!! I brought one home but the thing was useless. I hit solid rock with in a few inches in all the holes. Those things don't drill through rock, they just catch and rip your arms out of their sockets. Took it back and asked if they sold dynamite.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarCube
Rick, I know EXACTLY how you feel! It took almost 25 years, but I'm finally back home too!
Welcome home Sugar!! The mountains ARE magical, aren't they? They've drawn me all my life. My soul feels at its greatest peace when I'm in them. There's a sort of kinship felt by those who thrive on the energy of the mountains. Do come to the party.
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Steve, that's just what I thought; no big deal, I'll just rent an auger and be done in a couple hours. Yea, right!! I brought one home but the thing was useless. I hit solid rock with in a few inches in all the holes. Those things don't drill through rock, they just catch and rip your arms out of their sockets. Took it back and asked if they sold dynamite.
I know what you mean... My friend Tim (who some met at the ESA this year) has an auger on his John Deere. That's the way to do it.
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick

Welcome home Sugar!! The mountains ARE magical, aren't they? They've drawn me all my life. My soul feels at its greatest peace when I'm in them. There's a sort of kinship felt by those who thrive on the energy of the mountains. Do come to the party.
Rick, I spent time in the Cascades when I was growing up and then moved to the Rockies. Many things took me away--all of them good--but I always knew I'd get back here. Coming from NY, the Adirondacks are pretty amazing, but nothing captured my heart like the Rockies.

Thanks for the welcoming words, and unless my job has me off in another direction, I will try to make it to the party for sure!

Welcome home yourself!
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarCube
. Coming from NY, the Adirondacks are pretty amazing, but nothing captured my heart like the Rockies.
Sugar Cube - I feel that way about the Appalachians, but being out at Loveland this spring was like nothing else. Just on the drive up from Denver I could have pulled the car over and sat for two hours just looking. I have the photo from the top of the Divide Chair at my desk just so I can look at the scenery.

I'm jealous
post #12 of 19
Docs can work anywhere, FRAU...
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAU
Sugar Cube - I feel that way about the Appalachians, but being out at Loveland this spring was like nothing else. Just on the drive up from Denver I could have pulled the car over and sat for two hours just looking. I have the photo from the top of the Divide Chair at my desk just so I can look at the scenery.

I'm jealous
Frau, come out any time. I have a guest room and extra space starting next month, so whenever you can make it, my little town house can be your home away from home! We can ski and get in to all sorts of trouble...er....fun together!
post #14 of 19
Wow, I can't believe I missed this until today, its quite a kind gesture. I'm actually hitting the road Monday (8/1). For me weekends (at least now) are better, but I'm pretty flexible. If a gathering gets post-poned until the snow is flying I'd need to plan a bit but could probably still make it (looking at weekends being a prime time to teach with minimal impact on other schedules, but I have to talk to Steamboat's Ski School when I get out there). Let me know the what/where/when I'll do my best to get there (and I wont show up emtpy handed).
post #15 of 19
Thread Starter 
Hopefully, Summit County will once again get early season snow, so people can come out here before their mountain opens. Hopefully, we can find a date that would at least accomodate our four newcomers!
post #16 of 19
Lisa
I can't wait. Meanwhile I'm saying goodbye to the ocean. Today was a powder day at Horse Neck Beach. Big waves. Blue skies.
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarCube
Frau, come out any time. I have a guest room and extra space starting next month, so whenever you can make it, my little town house can be your home away from home! We can ski and get in to all sorts of trouble...er....fun together!
This has trouble written all over it
post #18 of 19

Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisamarie
Hopefully, Summit County will once again get early season snow, so people can come out here before their mountain opens. Hopefully, we can find a date that would at least accomodate our four newcomers!
Hey LM,

Now that the snow is coming down any thoughts?
post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
I'm still open to it, but I have not received much of a response. I can not do anything on October 22nd, and Mark is taking me on a "mystery trip" on the first two weeks in December. Otherwise, if there's a real interest, let's plan!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Community Discussions & Forum News › Welcome Party for Madbee, SC, Manus and Rick