New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ski Resort nicknames - Page 2

post #31 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier31
Keystone = Tombstone
also Skirock
post #32 of 55
Deer Valley - Dear Valet

Mt. Hutt (NZ) - Mt. Shut

Some Snowbird fans refer to Alta as All-Traverse
post #33 of 55
Sundown (Iowa) - Rundown

nate
post #34 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdr
Deer Valley = Bambi Valley, Sneer Valley
Don't forget "Deer Valet"

oops. Been there, done that....

L
post #35 of 55
Come on?

Vail = Vial, Jail.
post #36 of 55
Ackson-Jay Ole-Hay
Ighton-Bray
And-Gray Arghee-Tay
Indham-Whay
Oose-Hay Ooler-Cay An-Thay E-May? :
post #37 of 55
Keystone - Ski Stoned

Breckenridge - Wreck & Binge

Grand Targhee - Grand Foghee

A-Basin - A Bay

Winter Park - Where to Park

Vail - Fail

Jackson Hole - The Big One

Berthoud Pass (although only in our memory) - Bert

Solvista - Slowvista
post #38 of 55
When I showed up one morning last season to ski Magic I could not help but laugh at their motto/nickname. The Legandary Magic! To be fair it turned out to be one of my best days of the year. But calling magic legandary is like calling Vail not for profit....

I was always a big fan of Okeslow and Flatton because, well, its true those mountains are flat and boring.....
post #39 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonse
When I showed up one morning last season to ski Magic I could not help but laugh at their motto/nickname. The Legandary Magic! To be fair it turned out to be one of my best days of the year. But calling magic legandary is like calling Vail not for profit....

I was always a big fan of Okeslow and Flatton because, well, its true those mountains are flat and boring.....

Magic is somewhat legendary...it open...its closed...its back.

Bousquet - the bisquit (surprised you didn't put that up there yourself Bonni)
post #40 of 55
Isn't A-Basin already a nicK name ??

For Arapahoe basin??
post #41 of 55
Not only are they funny, but many of them are really eye-openers with which I wholeheartedly agree:

Kiilington-Killingtown/Kmart
Deer Valley-Bambi Valley
Whiteface-Iceface

I disagree with Stratton-Flatton, and Slowmass.

Not been to but agree based on reviews and trail maps: Big White-Big Whiteout, Telluride-Traverside.

Would add in Spain Sierra Nevada-Sierra Cerrada, Baqueira Beret-Baqueira Neblet, Candanchu-Lentachu.

Saludos!
post #42 of 55
Okey Mo = Okemo
post #43 of 55
Snowbasin = Blowbasin
Vail = Whale "as in highroller"
Targhee = Fogee
Steambloat!
post #44 of 55
Willamette Pass-Wills Ass
post #45 of 55
Massanutten - Mass o nothin(g)
post #46 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonse
When I showed up one morning last season to ski Magic I could not help but laugh at their motto/nickname. The Legandary Magic! To be fair it turned out to be one of my best days of the year. But calling magic legandary is like calling Vail not for profit....

Was the motto actually spelled wrong? That would be a travesty, because bad spelling is ruining society these days... :

Legandary=Legendary
post #47 of 55
Da Knob for Blue Knob, PA. as in:

"Where yunz guys goin' skiin' 'n 'at?"

"We's goin' ta da Knob."

"Yinz gonna go 'n polish da Knob? Ha, ha."

"Son, that Knob's awl ready bin polished. That's haus cum it's blue!
post #48 of 55
pokemon okemo
post #49 of 55
Willamette Pass - Willamette Piss
Big Mountain - Big Misty
Red Lodge - Rock Dodge
Mt. Ashland - The Big A or The Toilet Bowl
Hurricane Ridge - Doesn't need one, the name describes it well
post #50 of 55
the mad one........
post #51 of 55
Mt Rose = Mt. BLOWS
HomeWood = Homeywood
post #52 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
Big White: Big Whiteout
And for a good reason!
post #53 of 55
in the Canadian Rockies:

Lake Louise = Lake Disease
Sunshine = Scumshine
post #54 of 55
Oz:
Falls Creek = Flats Creek
Mt Buller = Mt Bullshit

NZ:
The Remarkables = The Unremarkables
post #55 of 55
Breckenridge

Breckenwind

The Jane

Winter Pork

The Boat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion