In response to your questions:
1) I am selling these skis because I bought a new pair of skis (2006 models!)
2) At 175 cm they resemble more of a GS type ski (17 m turn radius) as they don't have a hughly exaggerated sidecut. They want to make medium to long arching turns and are fairly fast and have solid edge grip. They have much of the power of the Crossmax 10's, but have a softer flex and are more forgiving. They are a ski/binding system with the Pilot S810 Ti bindings.
3) They would be ideally suited to:
In my opinion
- a high-advanced (level 7), low-expert (level 8) skier
- in between 5'8" and 6'3" and 160 to 210 lbs
, these skis are much better than what Salomon offered in its Crossmax series this year (2004/2005) - other than the 10's.
Here is what they look like..............
(for some reason the pic above doesn't show the front Prolink II stabilizer/dampener bars........the pic below does)
If anyone is seriously interested, I'll post actual photos of the skis so the wear can be seen.