Originally Posted by jamesdeluxe
We don't do photos or "I'm more core than you" BC TRs here.
That said, I'm concerned about his pole angle in this photo. Based on the position of this skier's hand in this still shot, you can clearly see that his fore/aft balance was compromised by excessive unweighting in his left side (I'm sure if you removed the flying snow, this would be visible). I recommend that this skier work out his balance problems on some easy greens before heading back up on the Summit lift.
As the subject in the picture, let me fill you in on some things.
1. I am not core, no matter how hard I try.
2. It was at Solitude, not anywhere in the backcountry. I feel no need for BC when inbounds is rocking like Sunday.
3. My left arm was dropped back and I was having weighting issues. This was due in part to icing conditions on my gloves, which caused my pole to slip nearly out of my hand.
4. After that day, I headed to MN. I will ski groomers and hopefully work on my form, so that one day, I will be able to impress people with my skiing.
5. I believe that Bob was trying to get you excited about skiing. I seriously question whether many of you are every time I lurk through here.