EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Market Place › Classifieds › Classified Archive › FS: Metron M9 / 164 / skied 1 day
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FS: Metron M9 / 164 / skied 1 day

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Yup, that's right. I bought these babies, skied on them ONE day and now I want the 171s. I'm keeping the bindings, so this is for the skis alone. $325 plus shipping. Many thanks.


UPDATE:

Have decided to include the bindings (Neox 310). Will sell for $375 - including shipping to the lower 48. PM me if you want pictures.
post #2 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedar
Yup, that's right. I bought these babies, skied on them ONE day and now I want the 171s. I'm keeping the bindings, so this is for the skis alone. $325 plus shipping. Many thanks.
There you go. Shorter isn't alway better!
post #3 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic_918
There you go. Shorter isn't alway better!
yep, for me too, I went from the 162's to the 171's. Fortunatly, I did under the "Metron Challenge" so it was no charge to me to upgrade.
post #4 of 19
Thread Starter 
Yeah, yeah, yeah. At least I loved the skis. Couldn't get the 171s at the time so I dove in. Oh well, will probably cost me about $100 for one day of skiing. So be it.
post #5 of 19
Not to be a jerk but you can buy these skis new in the wrapper on Ebay for the same price you are offering.
post #6 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalce
Not to be a jerk but you can buy these skis new in the wrapper on Ebay for the same price you are offering.
Yep - almost (not a jerk, but almost the same price). They are $339 on eBay. Mine have been skied on only one day and of course I will entertain any reasonable offers.
post #7 of 19
You're selling them without bindings?!! Doesn't that mean they must have 'fallen off of a truck'? Will the person buying them ever find bindings since there are only enough bindings for the number of skis made.?
post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by L7
You're selling them without bindings?!! Doesn't that mean they must have 'fallen off of a truck'? Will the person buying them ever find bindings since there are only enough bindings for the number of skis made.?
?????
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by L7
You're selling them without bindings?!! Doesn't that mean they must have 'fallen off of a truck'? Will the person buying them ever find bindings since there are only enough bindings for the number of skis made.?
I keep seeing people talking about skis "without bindings" like someone split up an OEM matched set; or in the case of is this post, implying they are stolen or otherwise illicit.

Correct me if I am wrong, but anyone can go into a store and buy either one separately. I think the issue is that few of us prefer to purchase skis that way; and consequently, we are used to seeing skis leave a retail outlet mounted with bindings. But you can purchase either skis and/or bindings separately anywhere. One or the other being sold separately doesn't mean anything about the either the product or the seller.
post #10 of 19
Someone had a post/thread a short time back that stated things like skis bought without bindings must be stolen and won't be warrantied, blah, blah, blah. I was just poking fun at that thread since I think it's total bunk. Just a little ironic that so shortly afterwards a valid reason for such a sale to take place appears.
I meant to post the explanation a day or two back but must have not hit the 'post reply' button. I could use smiley faces but I find them overused and generally boycott them.
post #11 of 19
I just got my M9s ($220) from Backcountry) and since they were out of bindings, my Neoxs from somebody else ($125) should be arriving today.
post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansilver
I just got my M9s ($220) from Backcountry) and since they were out of bindings, my Neoxs from somebody else ($125) should be arriving today.
Too bad there aren't any left!! Where did you get the bindings from? Which model?
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedar
Too bad there aren't any left!! Where did you get the bindings from? Which model?
I sent you a PM about the skis.
post #14 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalce
I sent you a PM about the skis.
I emailed you some picts.
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by L7
Someone had a post/thread a short time back that stated things like skis bought without bindings must be stolen and won't be warrantied, blah, blah, blah. I was just poking fun at that thread since I think it's total bunk. Just a little ironic that so shortly afterwards a valid reason for such a sale to take place appears.
I meant to post the explanation a day or two back but must have not hit the 'post reply' button. I could use smiley faces but I find them overused and generally boycott them.

Metrons are not system skis. The bindings are available for individual sale. No individual would want to keep the system binding from a Volkl Motion for instance, because it would make the skis and bindings much less valuable.
post #16 of 19
Kind of splitting hairs on the integrated system. Is Salomon Pilot integrated? Either way the other post was nonsense and I was still poking fun at it for good reason. My initial problem with the Pilot system was warranty or breakage issues for the skis leaving a purchaser with a worthless binding if they say blew the ski apart on a rock. Of course the Salomon guys assured me skis would be available without bindings for these instances. First broken ski guess what? If I was stuck with that binding I'd be all over getting a ski without the binding. There is a market for it and should be addressed by manufacturers.
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by L7
Kind of splitting hairs on the integrated system. Is Salomon Pilot integrated? Either way the other post was nonsense and I was still poking fun at it for good reason. My initial problem with the Pilot system was warranty or breakage issues for the skis leaving a purchaser with a worthless binding if they say blew the ski apart on a rock. Of course the Salomon guys assured me skis would be available without bindings for these instances. First broken ski guess what? If I was stuck with that binding I'd be all over getting a ski without the binding. There is a market for it and should be addressed by manufacturers.
....

This is not splitting hairs. Metrons are sold without bindings. Pilot skis are sold with bindings.
post #18 of 19
Ahhh if only you were the buyer for RCR. But clearly you're not.
post #19 of 19

M9 still available?

if these skis are still available, can you call me? andrew, 617.515.7287
thanks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classified Archive
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Market Place › Classifieds › Classified Archive › FS: Metron M9 / 164 / skied 1 day