EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Market Place › Classifieds › Classified Archive › Looking for: Women boot in 22.5
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking for: Women boot in 22.5

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
I need a good ski boot for my wife. May be a Lange CRL 90 or a Rossignol Bandit 2W

Size 22.5

emilio.jofre@vtr.net
post #2 of 24
bandit b2 lds does not come in a 225. It is a 235 275mm sole length with a 225 liner and fins at the toe of the shell.

try the dobi 100. 265 sole length and narrow. can be softened super easy
post #3 of 24
Last year I got Rossignol kids race boots. They are made by Lange. Good fit and a good price.
post #4 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skideeppow
bandit b2 lds does not come in a 225. It is a 235 275mm sole length with a 225 liner and fins at the toe of the shell.

try the dobi 100. 265 sole length and narrow. can be softened super easy
Whatever, it fits on a 22,5 foot. The sole doesn't matter.

Rossi offers it en 22.0, and my local dealer can carry me the 22.5, but is a little bit expensive (the season in Chile starts in June)
post #5 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bati
Whatever, it fits on a 22,5 foot. The sole doesn't matter.

Rossi offers it en 22.0, and my local dealer can carry me the 22.5, but is a little bit expensive (the season in Chile starts in June)
Your are so wrong, it makes a huge difference. THink about this, you are carrying around a whole extra shell, 8-10millimeters and they take a smaller liner and put it in that shell with fins in the front of the shell to keep the liner from moving, is this a good way to fit a boot?
With the added weight and volume of the 235 shell, you lose quickness and feel of the boot. It would be like a guy buying a 275 boot when he is really a 265 and filling it full of padding and bontext shims. You lose feel.
Only true 22 shells made are , lange, nordica doberman series, salomon x wave series and tecnica, these are all sub 270- sole lengths, and yes the sole length matters greatly!
post #6 of 24
i have a slightly used Tecnica Flame L in a 22.5
post #7 of 24

size discrimination?

From reading stuff here, I've come to realize that my boots (size 23) are too big. So I've been looking for women's boots in 22 or 22.5 and have discovered that although the manufacturers may make boots in those small sizes, the retailers I've checked with often do not carry anything smaller than 23. Is this true of most retailers, or are there stores that will routinely carry women's sizes 22 or 22.5? :
post #8 of 24
My wife uses a Salomon X-wave 9.0 Womans in 22.5.
post #9 of 24
sunmtskier -
Do you know what kind of store she bought them at, and did she have to go early season to find her size? Thanks.
post #10 of 24
She bought them in early October at a ski shop in Southern VT. She had to make many calls to find a shop that had the correct size.
post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella
From reading stuff here, I've come to realize that my boots (size 23) are too big. So I've been looking for women's boots in 22 or 22.5 and have discovered that although the manufacturers may make boots in those small sizes, the retailers I've checked with often do not carry anything smaller than 23. Is this true of most retailers, or are there stores that will routinely carry women's sizes 22 or 22.5? :
Yeah, this is strange considering the average women's shoe size is 7 1/2 which equates to a 23.5 mondopoint.

I think a lot of people don't take the time and effort to "slip" into a boot. It takes some force to properly try on a well fitting boot. I think most people expect to just slip into a boot.
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by skierzzzzzz
Yeah, this is strange considering the average women's shoe size is 7 1/2 which equates to a 23.5 mondopoint.

I think a lot of people don't take the time and effort to "slip" into a boot. It takes some force to properly try on a well fitting boot. I think most people expect to just slip into a boot.
It is strange, isn't it. Most of the conversion charts I've seen say that US women's size 7 1/2 = mondo 24 and 7 = 23.5. Still, I know lots of women who wear shoe sizes 5, 5 1/2, & 6, and who buy their shoes at standard shoe and department stores. So if lots of ski boot retailers choose to not carry ski boots smaller than 23 = US 6 1/2 (I'm still hoping that's not true, but preliminary investigation suggests it is) even when they are manufactured, then I think it's a supply problem rather than a demand problem. You can't take the time to try on a well-fitting boot if there's none available.
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella
It is strange, isn't it. Most of the conversion charts I've seen say that US women's size 7 1/2 = mondo 24 and 7 = 23.5. Still, I know lots of women who wear shoe sizes 5, 5 1/2, & 6, and who buy their shoes at standard shoe and department stores. So if lots of ski boot retailers choose to not carry ski boots smaller than 23 = US 6 1/2 (I'm still hoping that's not true, but preliminary investigation suggests it is) even when they are manufactured, then I think it's a supply problem rather than a demand problem. You can't take the time to try on a well-fitting boot if there's none available.
Once again, it is not that retailers do not choose to carry 225's, it is that there are only three true 225's made, nordica dobermans, x wave salomons and langes. Anything below a 270 mm sole length is a true 225. Also a mondo 245 is a ladies 7.5, but some cpmpanies boots run large, salomon, tecnica and nordica boots run large so if you are a 7/7.5, you might be a 235 in these companies.
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by skideeppow
Once again, it is not that retailers do not choose to carry 225's, it is that there are only three true 225's made, nordica dobermans, x wave salomons and langes. Anything below a 270 mm sole length is a true 225. Also a mondo 245 is a ladies 7.5, but some cpmpanies boots run large, salomon, tecnica and nordica boots run large so if you are a 7/7.5, you might be a 235 in these companies.
Thanks, skideeppow. The most commonly cited conversion figures I've found are these:
http://www.bootfitters.com/size.htm

I've been looking for Salomon X waves Women's in 22/22.5 but a couple stores that carry the X wave W's have told me that the smallest size they stock (or stocked, since they are running out), and that they come in, is 23. I'd be delighted to find out that most stores that carry the Salomon X wave W's carry the 22/22.5, and I just happen to find stores that don't/didn't. My current Dalbello boots that are too big have a sub-270 sole length, 267, and they are mondo 23.
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella
Thanks, skideeppow. The most commonly cited conversion figures I've found are these:
http://www.bootfitters.com/size.htm

I've been looking for Salomon X waves Women's in 22/22.5 but a couple stores that carry the X wave W's have told me that the smallest size they stock (or stocked, since they are running out), and that they come in, is 23. I'd be delighted to find out that most stores that carry the Salomon X wave W's carry the 22/22.5, and I just happen to find stores that don't/didn't. My current Dalbello boots that are too big have a sub-270 sole length, 267, and they are mondo 23.
Yeah theat Dalbello is s wide high volume boots. The salomon has more anotomic shape. Where do you live?
post #16 of 24
Perhaps consider a Jr. racing boot?
post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella
It is strange, isn't it. Most of the conversion charts I've seen say that US women's size 7 1/2 = mondo 24 and 7 = 23.5. Still, I know lots of women who wear shoe sizes 5, 5 1/2, & 6, and who buy their shoes at standard shoe and department stores. So if lots of ski boot retailers choose to not carry ski boots smaller than 23 = US 6 1/2 (I'm still hoping that's not true, but preliminary investigation suggests it is) even when they are manufactured, then I think it's a supply problem rather than a demand problem. You can't take the time to try on a well-fitting boot if there's none available.
Thanks for the correction on the mondopoint sizing.

Sometimes I've tried on boots in my mondopoint that I can hardly get on, but when I finally get past that point of getting my foot in the boot they feel too big.

I think maybe sometimes, females especially (no chauvinism meant by the comment), have a hard time getting into boots at first and assume the boot is too small, when in fact the boot may be too large once the person gets it on. Based on this theory, I'm guessing that people (male or female) are buying boots that are too large based on the fact that it is sometimes extremely difficult to get a boot on.

So my theory is boot companies are getting swayed by people purchasing boots that are too big and maybe smaller boots aren't stocked because of this.

Yeah or no? Any opinions? Anyone try on boots and have a hard time getting them on at first, think they are too small, only to find out they fit or are too big?
post #18 of 24
I'm on the west coast.

Would a junior racing boot accomodate an average woman's calf in size and position? I'm assuming juniors have skinny legs. Any in particular that would be good for an average adult female calf, a broad forefoot, high instep, and narrow heel?

As far as the customers buying boots too big and stores stocking them too big - I suppose it might be a chicken and egg thing. I know I was confused when I bought my first pair of boots, because often the women's boots are labeled with US men's sizes but without identification as men's sizes. So I might try on a pair labeled US 5 1/2 thinking it was my size, not knowing it was actually a size 7 women's.
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bati
Whatever, it fits on a 22,5 foot. The sole doesn't matter.
Ignorance is bliss.


Finding good women's boots in 22 shells is truly a pain in the butt.

My current fave is the XWave 9W. As others have suggested, kids race boots are often a very good option. You only get really screwed if you have a 22 foot and a shapely calf. Man, did I hate skiing back when I was the kid with the big calfs and small feet.
-Garrett
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella
I'm on the west coast.

Would a junior racing boot accomodate an average woman's calf in size and position? I'm assuming juniors have skinny legs. Any in particular that would be good for an average adult female calf, a broad forefoot, high instep, and narrow heel?
Ooh! XWaves! And yes, the junior racers do accomodate most average female calfs, although sometimes it takes some work. One particularly good option is the Diablo Jr.
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingman
Finding good women's boots in 22 shells is truly a pain in the butt.
Durnit. I was hoping someone would tell me I've just been looking in the wrong places. I'll keep my eyes out for the Diablo Jr. Thanks.
post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella
I'm on the west coast.

Would a junior racing boot accomodate an average woman's calf in size and position? I'm assuming juniors have skinny legs. Any in particular that would be good for an average adult female calf, a broad forefoot, high instep, and narrow heel?
Ella, my foot is like that, and I tried a number of women's boots in a 22 or 22.5 before winding up with a Lange junior race boot (WC 100 Team) that fits extremely well. Mind you, in the beginning the toebox was much too small, even after I skied in it several times. But the shop was able to deal with that, and now I find it to be nicely snug overall, but adequate room in the toes. And it wraps around my calf VERY nicely. You might want to look into this line. It does seem easier to find smaller sizes in the junior boots.

In one post here someone mentioned that boots might be hard to get into, but then fine once they're on. I do find that with these boots - getting my high-arched foot into them can be difficult, especially if I've let them get cold. But then once it's in there's no pressure on the arch at all.

Another bootfitter told me that he thought I'd like the women's Tecnica Diablo flame, because the forefoot is apparently wider. But I never was able to try one. You might consider that as well, though.

Maggy
post #23 of 24
Hey Maggy, thanks. It's always nice to hear from someone else with our kind of feet. I''ll put Lange Jr racers on the list to look for. So did the shop make some modifications to the toe areas for you - the shells or the liners?
post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella
Hey Maggy, thanks. It's always nice to hear from someone else with our kind of feet. I''ll put Lange Jr racers on the list to look for. So did the shop make some modifications to the toe areas for you - the shells or the liners?
The shell - though I also had the liner heat-fit to my foot. That did help, but what helped the most in the end was grinding away a bit of the shell. That and custom footbeds. The foodbeds made a huge difference, particularly in terms of arch support.

good luck!

Maggy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classified Archive
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › Market Place › Classifieds › Classified Archive › Looking for: Women boot in 22.5