or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2006 Atomic LT:11

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
I skied on Atomic LT:11's yesterday in a 170 size. For someone who skis on long, soft skis (Atomic C 9's in 190) I was a bit nervous. However these skis rocked! They were as stiff as anything but man these things hauled some butt and held an edge like no other. They were a bit heavy but I assumed they would be. I still think the 170 was a tad short and would have been nice in a 175 or so.
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzboy283
I skied on Atomic LT:11's yesterday in a 170 size. For someone who skis on long, soft skis (Atomic C 9's in 190) I was a bit nervous. However these skis rocked! They were as stiff as anything but man these things hauled some butt and held an edge like no other. They were a bit heavy but I assumed they would be. I still think the 170 was a tad short and would have been nice in a 175 or so.
I don't know anything about LT's. How would a LT:11 differ from an SX:11 for a frame of reference?
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstraw
I don't know anything about LT's. How would a LT:11 differ from an SX:11 for a frame of reference?
They are a 2006 ski. Funny you would say the sx:11, that is the ski I asked for and he said that these are very close to them. I've never skied the sx:11 but if they are similar to this ski then I would love them!
post #4 of 10
I'm also sort of unclear where this LT11 ("long turns," right?) and the ST11 ("short turns" ... kind of weird it's in English, but wouldn't it be K-something in German?) fits into the Atomic line. It seems like it's supposed to be a race carver. Isn't that what the GS9 and SL9 are? Does this just replace them? If they're going to have an --9 plus the SX line, plus the L/ST line, it seems like a lot of models that are supposed to be pretty similar. Maybe that's the trick: they're like the B7 "Lady," "Diva" and "Girlie."

The blue cosmetics approximately match the women's World Cup race skis they're using this year, but it doesn't seem like it's supposed to be a women's ski. This seems kind of strange to me. "We're going to put a topsheet on our women's race stock skis to make them look like race carvers"?
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjjohnston
I'm also sort of unclear where this LT11 ("long turns," right?) and the ST11 ("short turns" ... kind of weird it's in English, but wouldn't it be K-something in German?) fits into the Atomic line. It seems like it's supposed to be a race carver. Isn't that what the GS9 and SL9 are? Does this just replace them? If they're going to have an --9 plus the SX line, plus the L/ST line, it seems like a lot of models that are supposed to be pretty similar. Maybe that's the trick: they're like the B7 "Lady," "Diva" and "Girlie."

The blue cosmetics approximately match the women's World Cup race skis they're using this year, but it doesn't seem like it's supposed to be a women's ski. This seems kind of strange to me. "We're going to put a topsheet on our women's race stock skis to make them look like race carvers"?
Whatever they may be I liked them!
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjjohnston
I'm also sort of unclear where this LT11 ("long turns," right?) and the ST11 ("short turns" ... kind of weird it's in English, but wouldn't it be K-something in German?) fits into the Atomic line. It seems like it's supposed to be a race carver. Isn't that what the GS9 and SL9 are? Does this just replace them? If they're going to have an --9 plus the SX line, plus the L/ST line, it seems like a lot of models that are supposed to be pretty similar. Maybe that's the trick: they're like the B7 "Lady," "Diva" and "Girlie."

The blue cosmetics approximately match the women's World Cup race skis they're using this year, but it doesn't seem like it's supposed to be a women's ski. This seems kind of strange to me. "We're going to put a topsheet on our women's race stock skis to make them look like race carvers"?
I agree. It seems to be a bit confusing with the continueing GS:9m and SL:9m, the new Race:8 and, to make it even more complicated, with the GS:11m and SL:11m which since this season are "pseudoracing" skis as well.

Officially (the catalog, quotes) the blue skis are "racing skis with a soft line",
"especially developed for comfort-consciouss sportsmen and sportswomen"
"specially designed with a softer tuning to meet the requirements of skiers with a lighter body weight and the demands of lady skiers", etc. etc., a lot of blabla including "the thoroughbred of World Cup GS competition" about the GS:11m with 17.5-19.5 m radiuses.
Reading seems to help little: demoing as usual will be paramount.
post #7 of 10

LT11 Comments

I've been reading your messages and thought it may help with the info that I have gotten on the LT11s.

I've tried them on several occasions, one free skiing and another on a GS course. Both times, on 170 cm. I'm a female, agressive racer and I loved the skis, I'm actually purchasing a pair next week.

When I spoke to the Atomic rep, he further explained the S/LT11s. The ST11s are exactly the SL9, with a different colour. The LT11s, however, are a GS race carve with a less agressive sidecut than the GS11 (radius of 19 m, I believe) or SX11 (17.5 raqdius). But they hold just as well.

As for your discussion about the extensive lines of Atomic pseudo-race skis, the SL/GS9s are for advance skiers, but are not as solid on a course. The SL/GS11ms are as close to an Atomic race ski without getting race stock. the S/LT11s were designed for the female FIS skiers, hence the more versatile sidecut.

Hope this helps...
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rones
When I spoke to the Atomic rep, he further explained the S/LT11s. The ST11s are exactly the SL9, with a different colour. The LT11s, however, are a GS race carve with a less agressive sidecut than the GS11 (radius of 19 m, I believe) or SX11 (17.5 raqdius). But they hold just as well.

As for your discussion about the extensive lines of Atomic pseudo-race skis, the SL/GS9s are for advance skiers, but are not as solid on a course. The SL/GS11ms are as close to an Atomic race ski without getting race stock. the S/LT11s were designed for the female FIS skiers, hence the more versatile sidecut.
Hi, rones,
thanks for your input.

You might be correcting even the official Atomic catalog (?) which says:
ST 11: 123-65-103/160 cm/11 m vs. SL 9: 117-65-103/160 cm/11 m
It´s impossible that such two skis would have the same radius.
Otoh, it´s not impossible that they intentionally differ the tip dimensions (ST:11 the maximum width, SL:9 the real width at the contact point) to present a wide variety of sidecuts.
More probably, it could be just an error. They often appear in catalogs, the highest error rate has - IMO - one French manufacturer :.
Has anyone compared/measured? Any other explanation?

Unfortunately, I can´t agree that LT:11 are skis for female FIS racers. With radius 15-17 m they are not real race skis for such a level.
That Atomic female racers (might) have GS skis with LT:11 topsheet is a different story.

None of our concers. You loved the LT:11s and that counts.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkracer
Hi, rones,
thanks for your input.

You might be correcting even the official Atomic catalog (?) which says:
ST 11: 123-65-103/160 cm/11 m vs. SL 9: 117-65-103/160 cm/11 m
It´s impossible that such two skis would have the same radius.
Otoh, it´s not impossible that they intentionally differ the tip dimensions (ST:11 the maximum width, SL:9 the real width at the contact point) to present a wide variety of sidecuts.
More probably, it could be just an error. They often appear in catalogs, the highest error rate has - IMO - one French manufacturer :.
Has anyone compared/measured? Any other explanation?

Unfortunately, I can´t agree that LT:11 are skis for female FIS racers. With radius 15-17 m they are not real race skis for such a level.
That Atomic female racers (might) have GS skis with LT:11 topsheet is a different story.

None of our concers. You loved the LT:11s and that counts.
I don't remember the exact radius of the ST, but when I skied it, and looking at it, it seems to be the SL11. Since I'm mainly skiing on a pair of SL11s now, I found the ST too soft. And the information I got about the skis are from a rep, so I'm guessing it was a print mistake in the catalogue.
post #10 of 10
I spent some time at a ski shop today/demoed a pair of atomic SL9's and looked at the ST11 in 160cm. I remember them being 12m radius sidecut at 160cm. Hope this helps.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Gear Reviews