or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Let The Game Begin!!

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
Well this is it boys and girls. The game is here. Who is king in the AFC? There has been much chatter but the time has now come - Patriots vs. Steelers - AFC Championship game. This game was destined to happen. Let the fun begin. (and I do mean fun, this is all in good fun okay. No personal attacks just good old fashioned talkin up your team : o )

Go Patriots!!

PS: Did anyone notice in the post game show after the Pats won, when Boomer called Payton Manning Dan Marino because of their great numbers yet inability to win a Superbowl how pissed Dan got. I though that was funny.
post #2 of 22
Marino sure was pissed! Boomer said Dan never played in a Superbowl and Marino said "Yes I did play into a superbowl" Later Shannon was pretty forceful in disagreeing with Marino about Manning not playing that well, and I kept waiting for Marino to have a chance to get mad back at him.

Well Steelers fans, your team barely got by the Jets, while the Pats romped! The regular season is one thing - but it's the Playoffs Baby! And Brady is 7-0 in the playoffs.
post #3 of 22
December 23, 1972 -- The Immaculate Reception. Left no doubt that God is a Steelers fan.

January 15, 2005 -- Two missed field goals. Once again, God intervened on our behalf. It's been a magical year. It will continue.
post #4 of 22
well pats will mostlikely win now that they will have Dillion playing. Also the steelers are so luckey that the Jets can't kick a field goal, b/c if they could the steelers would be done. Good luck to both team and may the best team win.

P.S. don't expect any missed field goals by adam at that range even with the "terrible towel" also did any one see phillies fumble TD catch thing......amazing
post #5 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra282
well pats will mostlikely win now that they will have Dillion playing. Also the steelers are so luckey that the Jets can't kick a field goal, b/c if they could the steelers would be done. Good luck to both team and may the best team win.

P.S. don't expect any missed field goals by adam at that range even with the "terrible towel" also did any one see phillies fumble TD catch thing......amazing
They're also lucky the Jags kicker couldn't kick one plus many other lucky events for the Steelers. The luck runs out this week.
post #6 of 22
6 rushing attempts for the pats in the first game...without dillon. Dillon for 144 yesterday and 200+ total rushing for the day. 3 points out of the colts offensive machine, and mannings aerial attack? If the boys can dismantle that, surely, they can shake the rookie rothlisberger (with cheese...)

The steelers should just hand the pats the AFC trophy, give us a week off, not risk getting hurt, and save the water needed to clean their uniforms...
post #7 of 22
Without Corey Dillion, without Corey Dillion, so and so was hurt no Ty Law, wah, wah. Screw Corey Dillion, the Stillers saw him twice a season for years.

This is the match up we all have been talking about. The Patsie look unbeatable, they are the defending champs and 3 point favorite in the Steeler's House. No respect, I tell ya we get no respect.

Bring it on.
post #8 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springhill Crazie
Screw Corey Dillion, the Stillers saw him twice a season for years.
This ain't Cincy, Toto. Just like they blared yesterday in the closing minutes at the Razor:

"Meet the new boss; same as the old boss."
post #9 of 22
For a team that claims that they're "all about the team" and that they "have no stars", you sure seem excited to have Corey Dillon back.

Yes, the Steelers laid an egg against the Jets on Saturday. So did the Pats against the Dolphins a few weeks back. I seem to recall that the Jets lost while the Dolphins won. The Pats aren't unbeatable.
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springhill Crazie
Without Corey Dillion, without Corey Dillion, so and so was hurt no Ty Law, wah, wah. Screw Corey Dillion, the Stillers saw him twice a season for years.
yea that was when dillion played on a sucky team w/ no champion players or a star defence. lets watch teddy steal another ball from some one, mabey the steelers QB what every is name is.
P.S. what is the spead for the game?
post #11 of 22
Until the Pats loose (in the Playoffs), they are the team to beat. As much as I would like to see a PA Bowl, I think the Pats will beat the Stillers. I think Philly (assuming we can beat the other birds) can beat the Steelers, but can't beat Belichek. Either way the commercials should be good .
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Pugliese
I think Philly (assuming we can beat the other birds) can beat the Steelers
I have to know -- what part of that 27-3 whipping the Steelers gave the Eagles makes you believe that the Eagles have a prayer against either the Pats or the Steelers?
post #13 of 22
Why even play the game? As we are being told by the national media, Belicheck is a God!! He will confound and confuse the Steelers. They will beat the Steelers and then win their 3rd Superbowl and go on to win the next 30 in a row. The Steelers have no chance, woe are we. We are lucky to even get to the game. Dillon will run for 350 yards in the game and the Steelers will lose by 40+ points.
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringsRegular
Why even play the game? As we are being told by the national media, Belicheck is a God!! He will confound and confuse the Steelers. They will beat the Steelers and then win their 3rd Superbowl and go on to win the next 30 in a row. The Steelers have no chance, woe are we. We are lucky to even get to the game. Dillon will run for 350 yards in the game and the Steelers will lose by 40+ points.
First of all, the national media is very disappointed in that the Colts were supposed to win it all with their Peyton Belichick* led fifth-best all time offense. How many sports pundits were picking the Pats to beat the Colts despite the Pats better record? Very few. The win over the Colts means said pundits will try to save face by now favoring the Pats, who are currently a 3 point favorite to beat the Steelers. That's not being favored by much.

The 2004 Steelers remind me of the Patriots team of 3 years ago - a young QB surrounded by a well-rounded team led by an intelligent coach, a team that depends on all it's players to persevere. At 15-1 this year, they deserve respect regardless of how they won any particular game - the bottom line is that they WON, and beat 2 undefeated teams along the way. Both teams got to where they are now with defense. Both teams are very motivated for this AFC Championship (besides the obvious) in that Pittsburgh would like some payback for the whipping they received by New England at Heinz Field in the AFC championship 3 years ago. New Engand would like redemption for their loss to Pittsburgh earlier this year that halted their 21-game winning streak.

While I confess to being biased toward the Patriots, it appears that they will have a better chance against the Steelers this time around for no other reason than they'll have Corey Dillon. They only ran 6 running plays last Halloween and we all know that's not going to win a game. And unlike the Jets, the Pats will make their field goals.

We've got nothing against Pennsylvania, so don't take it personally when we beat both their teams enroute to the Superbowl XXXIX championship.


*After further review, it has been determined that Bill Belickick, not Archie Manning, is Peyton's daddy
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinF
I have to know -- what part of that 27-3 whipping the Steelers gave the Eagles makes you believe that the Eagles have a prayer against either the Pats or the Steelers?

Fair question. I just don't think that the Eagles showed up for that game. they had a huge lead in the NFC and it was a non conference game. I am not making excuses, we got wupped. I do think we are as good if not better team than the Steelers.
post #16 of 22
Current line is NE -3. O/U is 36-36.5
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springhill Crazie
Screw Corey Dillion, the Stillers saw him twice a season for years.
Bring it on.
Yes, I believe he had some big games against the Steelers when playing for Cincinnati.
post #18 of 22
All I know is I hope this sucker is on EuroSport or something. I booked a trip to Austria back in September! I sure hope I can watch this game.
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake777
Yes, I believe he had some big games against the Steelers when playing for Cincinnati.
From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05018/444098.stm)

Surely, [Corey Dillon] is an old and accustomed face to these Steelers. They have played against one another 13 times in his career, Dillon rushing for triple-digit yardage in only two games (128 in 2000 and 120 in 1999) and scoring touchdowns in only three games. His line against the Steelers: 217 rushes for 893 yards, five touchdowns, a 4-9 record and an aggregate team score of Steelers 305, Bengals 191.
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinF
From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05018/444098.stm)

Surely, [Corey Dillon] is an old and accustomed face to these Steelers. They have played against one another 13 times in his career, Dillon rushing for triple-digit yardage in only two games (128 in 2000 and 120 in 1999) and scoring touchdowns in only three games. His line against the Steelers: 217 rushes for 893 yards, five touchdowns, a 4-9 record and an aggregate team score of Steelers 305, Bengals 191.
Big deal. The Bungles were a combined 24-56 in the years '99 - '03 (3-7 against the Steelers in that same period). If you throw out the 2003 season when Rudi Johnson got the majority of the carries and near 1000 yards rushing, Dillon averaged 1315 yards/4.3 YPC for some bad teams from '99-'02. In their 2-14 2002 campaign, Dillon still ran for 1311 yards and averaged 4.2 YPC. And I'd take Dillon's career 4.1 YPC against the Steelers this weekend say 20-25 times.

One thing I think we can all agree on: there's gonna be some hittin' goin' on at Heinz this Sunday!!
post #21 of 22
Gillette Stadium is called "The Razor". Is Heinz Field called "The Condiment"?????
post #22 of 22
The Steelers are getting romped right now 24-3 in the 2nd quarter, too bad steelers fans :




E-A-G-L-E-S



EAGLES!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Sports