Meh. . . who said I wouldn't use that to make them? Given that the number of skiers who own a 3-D printer is probably pretty low still, I'd still make money.
- categoryAlpine Ski Bootstagged by System, 4/7/09
Related Forum Threads
- Injected liners - who's got em? Last post on 8/1/13 at 1:54pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- Best to buy/fit boots for 2013-14 season, in summer in South, or in Winter out West? Last post on 8/18/13 at 1:09pm in Ski Gear Discussion
- What to Look for in Ski Boots? Last post on 8/28/13 at 9:24am in Ski Gear Discussion
- How *should* boots fit Last post on 1/11/13 at 3:10pm in Ask the Boot Guys
- Looking to replace my K2 Select 7.9's. Last post on 1/4/13 at 11:11am in Ski Gear Discussion
2016 Lange Buyers Guide
Last edited: 8/4/16
- Salomon Ski BootsLast edited: 8/4/16
- Ski Boots--The Most Important Piece of Gear You Will OwnLast edited: 11/16/15
- Keep Your Feet WarmLast edited: 9/7/12
- The Birdcage Boot Experiment By David MacphailLast edited: 12/15/12
After seeing only two reviews, both of them from five years ago, I decided to add to Apex's reputation. If you're into skiing and don't care for the extras like shopping, cafes, restaurants,...
This is a great mid week mountain. Plenty of corduroy and no lift lines. They offer mid week deals depending on what state you live in which saves over 30 dollars. Nothing here that is called a...
Spent 5 days there during fairly low snow conditions with about of foot of new snow the night we arrived and 6 inches later in the week. It was cold and windy for most of our stay which meant that...
I created this account specifically to provide my review of KneeBinding. My hope is that I can help others to learn from my experience. My KneeBinding's were given to me as...
DO NOT GO if you are not advanced --- while I've been skiing for 15 years and am advanced-intermediate, this place scared me. There are NO runs I felt comfortable or easy, especially off the...
Source for Nordica Boot parts? - Page 2post #32 of 361/4/16 at 3:02pmQuote:
Given that the number of skiers who own a polyurethane 3D printer and have access to thermoplastic urethanes that include anti-UV and antioxidants and are harder than an indoor skate wheel is awfully near zero - you'd make more money than you think.post #33 of 361/5/16 at 7:18am
I should really get on this project. . . !post #34 of 361/5/16 at 7:31amQuote:Originally Posted by venutoa
Read my prior post. It's called polyurethane. And it's been around at least 20 years. And yes I blame manufacturer for not using this material or better materials. I'm sure they still using same material from 20 years ago. I Only use that for my jeep wrangler in this climate
Maybe the flex characteristics for polyurethane are not exactly the same for all temperature ranges or as well suited for ski boot usepost #35 of 361/15/16 at 10:43am
so....I got new pair of Nordica ace 1 boots. of course they are cheap SH#$% plastic on the toe and heel!! well... I spent $200 way less than I expected...so that's a plus
They are comfortable boots but the fit is same as my 20 year old boots....so again no reason for this...except that ski manufacturers want to rip off the consumer.
well I'm gonna buy a few sets of toe and heel replacements...which I expected to come straight up in google search...of course they didn't!! considering this is 2015 boot!
again another waste of time for me to search for toe and heel replacements
if anyone can recommend a place for these toe and heels ...and not plastic...would be helpful.
I certainly hope the ski industry wakes up and starts making better quality products!
cheers!post #36 of 361/15/16 at 12:02pm
- Source for Nordica Boot parts?
- Salomon Ski Boots
- › Summit County 4/11-13 9 minutes ago
- › Review: Parlor Kingfisher 105 in medium and stiff flexes 2016-2017 10 minutes ago
- › Demo day at Crystal, March 25, 2017 14 minutes ago
- › My 2nd annual Banff trip: March 9 – 11, 2017 16 minutes ago
- › Skier's Edge. When do they go on sale? 17 minutes ago
- › Powder or corn 17 minutes ago
- › Big Bear 2016-2017 26 minutes ago
- › My Excellent Toe Surgery Adventure - Hallux Rigidus, Plate/Screw... 49 minutes ago
- › Spring Trip to Vermont [driving from DC, looking for greens and... 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Buying passes for the next N.A. season, 2017-18, don't wait until... 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › 2018 Volkl 100Eight Ski Review
- › 2018 Salomon QST 118 Ski Review
- › 1000 Shuffles
- › Skate to shape drill
- › 2018 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98...
- › 2018 Nordica Navigator 90 Ski Review
- › 2018 Volkl Kanjo Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Women's Sheeva 10 Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Bonafide Ski Review
- › 2018 Blizzard Ski Preview