or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Depressed in Mass.

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
So, it's dumping out at Tahoe and here's what we have to work with locally at Wachusett (their daily photo):



PITIFUL!!:
post #2 of 26
That is depressing! If I were Wachusett I think I'd rather not put a daily photo up if thats the best I could come up with...
post #3 of 26
Hrmph....and some forecasters were saying NE will get lots of snow this year. Shesh...at this pace we will go from sleet and rain to pure rain in april...Should have picked waterskiing...Every time I think it will get colder, wham...50s abound.
post #4 of 26
simple solution: move
post #5 of 26
Wow! What retro -steeze!

Look at it this way - we're getting 15"-18" each day and I'm stuck at work 'til tomorrow.
post #6 of 26
I seriously hope that guy in the pic is not trying to scrape the "snow" off of the bottom of his boot.

Then again he has jeans on so...
post #7 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalce
Then again he has jeans on so...
Best post of the week. Bar none.
post #8 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalce
I seriously hope that guy in the pic is not trying to scrape the "snow" off of the bottom of his boot.

Then again he has jeans on so...
My guess is he's admiring the awesome graphics on his skis.
post #9 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach13
My guess is he's admiring the awesome graphics on his skis.
Are you by chance making fun of me for posting the question about the new SC graphics?

Not that I need to defend myself, but the fact is, if graphics didn't matter, all skis would be white with the company name and model number printed in black. If someone is spending big money on something, they want more than just quality. You and others may downplay that aspect of product marketing, but it exists and it is big business. A few posters (me, Phil, others) have the guts to admit that it's a factor.
post #10 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotoFury
Are you by chance making fun of me for posting the question about the new SC graphics?

Not that I need to defend myself, but the fact is, if graphics didn't matter, all skis would be white with the company name and model number printed in black. If someone is spending big money on something, they want more than just quality. You and others may downplay that aspect of product marketing, but it exists and it is big business. A few posters (me, Phil, others) have the guts to admit that it's a factor.
I'm just playing.

I have no doubt that in the marketing biz, looks plays a role. But also in the marketing biz, you have different target markets. In the performance end of ski production, looks may serve as a good tie breaker but that's about it. I'm not saying that skiers looking for a performance ski don't care about looks overall, but it would not stop them from buying a ski that met their performance needs.

Now, if I'm producing skis for the entry level skier, yea it's going to be pretty. This target market is the one you see in the ski shop carrying one ski around holding them up to each boot to see which matches best.

Sorry, believe it or not, how a ski looks just doesn't matter to me.
post #11 of 26
I guess with all the crowds due to the great conditions, the rental shop was already out of the really big poles before this guy showed up. Or, perhaps those poles are just another way to correct his alignment problem.
post #12 of 26
Thread Starter 

White skis

I saw a guy once when I was racing in high school who had a pair of Super G skis that were all white with just the length/sidecut etc. stamped into the sidewall. They were the coolest thing I had seen.
I think the ski companies may start seeing the value of uniqueness as it relates to simpler graphics. I thought the skis on the cover of the Powder photo annual looked cool - just wood grain on the topsheet.
post #13 of 26
Back to the topic: That picture really is hilarious on so many levels. Doesn't it appear as if he has tele poles with alpine skis?
post #14 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherstow
I thought the skis on the cover of the Powder photo annual looked cool - just wood grain on the topsheet.
Chrstopherstow, I am not sure because the photo is small, but those skis may be the new Bogner Bamboo-wood skis, which retail for a crisp $3,000!
post #15 of 26
Negative. They are a much better ski at a much lower price.
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Morgan
Negative. They are a much better ski at a much lower price.
Which begs the question: What are they?
post #17 of 26
Thread Starter 
Harry_Morgan, Are these the skis on the cover:
http://www.scottybob.com/wood.html
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotoFury
Which begs the question: What are they?
Now, now. Have to kill you, and all that.
post #19 of 26
Lack of snow is hardly the only reason to be depressed in Mass. It will take your soul if you let it......
post #20 of 26
Yeah, you say that NOW...you moved!


Hehehe, I think I actually know that guy!
post #21 of 26
I dont think I ever laughed so hard at a post. Good stuff
post #22 of 26

Father teaching son to ski

Now son, you put your left boot in the right ski.
post #23 of 26
"Don't be so stupid dad---I already got my stuff on and you are holding me up----and no ..........I don't see any stuff on the bottom of your boot."

"DAD---where's your gloves, crash helmet and snow pants....."
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotoFury
Back to the topic: That picture really is hilarious on so many levels. Doesn't it appear as if he has tele poles with alpine skis?
Tele as in telescoping?
post #25 of 26
Thread Starter 

Here's what's going on at Wachusett today:

Not much more encouraging, at least they are trying. Unfortunately it is raining in Massachusetts today.
post #26 of 26
Thread Starter 
How many snowmakers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion