EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › It's SNOWING in the Mad River Valley!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It's SNOWING in the Mad River Valley!

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
Just thought I would let you all know that this is going to be a great weekend for skiing in VT! I had 2-3 inches when I woke up this morning and it is supposed to continue throughout the weekend!! NH's forecast...rain. Come on up/over and make some turn w/ us!
post #2 of 17
Keep us updated throughout the day please? The forecasts I saw looked like r@!# everywhere...
post #3 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by valleygrlvt
Just thought I would let you all know that this is going to be a great weekend for skiing in VT! I had 2-3 inches when I woke up this morning and it is supposed to continue throughout the weekend!! NH's forecast...rain. Come on up/over and make some turn w/ us!
If you make it over to "The Barn", tell Craig and Betsy, I will be up soon and make sure there is enough scotch and Gran Marnier.
post #4 of 17
Damn, bout time! Hope it stays cold.
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbler
Keep us updated throughout the day please? The forecasts I saw looked like r@!# everywhere...

Why does everybody always believe what the weatherman say's. You have to remember they forcast for the flat landers.
post #6 of 17
Thread Starter 
I'd love to keep you all updated, but all I have for now is that it is raining in West Leb, NH. I'm at work...wishing I took a sick day. I tell ya though...going over the mountiain this morning was quite the ride! I had a blast in the snow, yet some folks drove as though the had never seen snow before. I guess they just need to dust off the winter driving cobwebs, eh?

If anyone is coming up to Sugarbush this weekend let me know and we can take some turns, thats where I'll be. I might head over to Okemo though, not sure on their outlook but they are having demos today and tomorrow, few of the guys from here are going down, so I'll have an update on that a little later.
post #7 of 17
Y'all need to stop sniffin' flouro-carbons. It's pourin' all over Vermont. Don't waste your time. It's carnage. Stay home, plant a tree. Watch Twin peaks on DVD. Take your shoes off and have a burrito. Save a whale. The East coast is a shithole - run for your lives.
post #8 of 17
It's snowing at Sugarloaf. 4-8" this morning. Here are some pics:
http://www.sugarloaf.com/daily.html
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Capacity
Why does everybody always believe what the weatherman say's. You have to remember they forcast for the flat landers.
Max, The NWS Adirondacks and Green Mountains forecast is generally what I check for VT. That's the best non-flatlander forecast I've come up with. Dr Weather is usually pretty good too.
post #10 of 17
Pray for Snow in Stowe. There are currently 3 trails open at Stowe. Actually, only 1 way down on Mansfield from the FourRunner Quad. That way is Lord(65%) to North Slope(100%). The only other place currently open is a beginner run on Spruce- The Adventure Triple and Inspiration. From the site it looks as if they are making snow in some other areas. Perry Merrill, Ridge View, and Center Line show snowmaking as well as Smuggler's, West Run and Easy Street on Spruce.

Dec. 11 and 12 are Demo Days at Stowe according to the website http://www.stowe.com/news/event_calendar.php

Maybe some ETU'ers can try some demos too.
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachskiljp
Pray for Snow in Stowe...

...Dec. 11 and 12 are Demo Days at Stowe according to the website http://http://www.stowe.com/news/event_calendar.php

Maybe some ETU'ers can try some demos too.
If its snowing in the MRV I would think it would be snowing at Stowe too. I hope so anyway, its gonna be kinda hard to have ETU on only one trail :

Thanks for the heads up on the Demo Day, might be nice to try some demos out while I'm up there!

BTW, there's one too many http://'s in you're link above
post #12 of 17
valleygrlvt, you must work for a shop. I believe the Okemo demo days are for shop employees.

carvemeister, Okemo had snow on the upper mt today. It's not all dume and glume. I'll do my best and try not to ski to much snow off the trails so you'll have snow at Okemo for your trip next week. lol

tumbler, sorry to offend you, I have a friend who, when she walked into the kitchen Sunday morning was kind of disappointed that it wasn't raining out. She actually believed the weather forcast. She said "its supposed to be pouring out". We were in Ludlow VT. I got about 2 1/2 hours of decent skiing in at Okemo before the weather turned real bad.
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Capacity
...carvemeister, Okemo had snow on the upper mt today. It's not all dume and glume. I'll do my best and try not to ski to much snow off the trails so you'll have snow at Okemo for your trip next week. lol
...
Bahhh!! Thanks for the consideration Max, but here's the text of the email I just got today, regarding the race camp that I was signed up for at Okemo next week:

"Unfortunately I must cancel the Okemo Race Camp scheduled for Dec 6-9.
I am so sorry but as you may have noticed there is not much snow and it is pouring….snowmaking days are not looking too promising as well.
Thanks and I will e-mail you all any other camps that we will run!
Julie Woodworth
Woodworth Ski & Fitness Programs"

Bah!! This bites! : : (I said that)
post #14 of 17
I can understand Julie doing that. She is a professional. I've known her for years. Mother nature has not been very good to us this year. Don't worry Okemo will blow snow soon. It's kind of early for a race camp anyway. We must be in a low snow cycle.

May be in a few weeks there will be another camp.

Good Luck.
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Capacity
tumbler, sorry to offend you, I have a friend who, when she walked into the kitchen Sunday morning was kind of disappointed that it wasn't raining out. She actually believed the weather forcast. She said "its supposed to be pouring out". We were in Ludlow VT. I got about 2 1/2 hours of decent skiing in at Okemo before the weather turned real bad.
No offense. Just wanted to share what I think is a good non-flatlander weather forecast. Drives me crazy to watch the boston TV forecasts as they all seem to disagree, and none is very accurate for ski country.
post #16 of 17
[quote=carvemeister]Y'all need to stop sniffin' flouro-carbons. It's pourin' all over Vermont. Don't waste your time. It's carnage. Stay home, plant a tree.

Just put on your poncho and have at it! Wait, is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho?
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Skier 1330
Just put on your poncho and have at it! Wait, is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho?
http://catalog.com/mrm/zappa/audio/searsponcho.au

http://catalog.com/mrm/zappa/audio/crystalbal.au

Open with Real Player:
http://streaming.televizion.com/ZappaRadio.pls

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › General Skiing Discussion › It's SNOWING in the Mad River Valley!