New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Krypton Liner Issue

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
I stopped in to see if the ski shop I shop at had received their Dalbello Kryptons yet yesterday afternoon. I was told the boots had arrived in the US, but the distributor didn't want them shipped to the ski shops because they had the wrong liners in them?

Anyway, they expect to get the boots with the "right" liners installed next week. Anybody else have a similar experience with this liner issue with the Kryptons?
post #2 of 21
That is acurate. I am waiting for mine too, infact, I even asked them to ship mine without the liners since I am using thermoflexes anyway. When I was with Glen and my rep on the 14th, the boots were expected to arrive in the country w/in the week. IIRC, the issue in in the heel pocket, the liner was hindering the flex a bit. Glen was doing some last minute adjustments in this area. This boot is Glens baby, he is making sure, when it gets into our hands that it is 115% right.
post #3 of 21
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the info. Apparently, a lot of people are pretty excited about this boot. Which is great, and I hope it "fans the flames" for Plake as well.

My shop participates in a retail barter association, which is good for me, but I'm anticipating that they will be able to sell every pair they are bringing in and will only make them available for me on the barter deal if they still have a pair in my size(probably 27) later in the year.

Anyway,I wanted to slide my foot in one and start jonesing about maybe being able to get a pair. I like the Dalbello products. If they have a shortcoming its the fact their boots are pretty voluminous. The Krypton will change that and provide more of a performance fit for a lot more people with a very innovative design.
post #4 of 21
I have had the boot on. I have played with both versions. Until I get my Thermoflex liners in, I cannot say the volume is too big compared to my Flexons. In looking at the shell, it is still low volume in design. The flexon, compared to most 4 buckle overlaps is definately more trim, the same applies here. The upper cuff, as Glen puts it, is shaped after a womans leg, in pumps. Ther is not alot of fat in the shell, but you will see a difference in the substance of the shell vs. the Flexon. As I mentioned in another post, the lower/upper cuff relationship in the back of the boot controls the flex, NOT the ribbed tongue. Infact, the tongue is (basicly) there just to keep the snow out of the boot.
post #5 of 21
Will be eagerly awaiting your review. Just looking at the picture of the Kyrpton in a magazine, the middle buckle is positioned differently on the Krypton than the Flexon and the ankle hinge is placed somewhat differently. Since G. Plake has been so involved in the design, I expect that it will turn out to be a fine boot and a further advancement in the three piece shell design concept.

At least the buckles are green on the Krypton, though it doesn't fully compensate for my lime green(some would say slime green) Flexons.
post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostboy
Will be eagerly awaiting your review. Just looking at the picture of the Kyrpton in a magazine, the middle buckle is positioned differently on the Krypton than the Flexon and the ankle hinge is placed somewhat differently. Since G. Plake has been so involved in the design, I expect that it will turn out to be a fine boot and a further advancement in the three piece shell design concept.

At least the buckles are green on the Krypton, though it doesn't fully compensate for my lime green(some would say slime green) Flexons.
Lostboy,

You are absolutely correct on both accounts. The middle buckle is designed to keep the heel further back in the pocket. The hinge is slightly further forward because of the natural flex on the human ankle.

The Pro has green buckles and the Cross will have orange. Also, for those who use the shims, they are still being used.
post #7 of 21
So Phil, you going to dump the stock liner from day 1? Not even going to ski in it once?

What kind of liner does Glen use in his? Why won't Dalbello sell them with a Thermoflex, anyway?
post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_eleven
So Phil, you going to dump the stock liner from day 1? Not even going to ski in it once?

What kind of liner does Glen use in his? Why won't Dalbello sell them with a Thermoflex, anyway?
1a. Yep b. Nope

2a. Both Glen and and his wife both ski Thermoflex liners. b. Dalbello will be coming out with their own Thermoflex liner in the future.
post #9 of 21
Can you define "future" as you have used it in 2b?
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_eleven
Can you define "future" as you have used it in 2b?
Not yet.
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Pugliese
As I mentioned in another post, the lower/upper cuff relationship in the back of the boot controls the flex, NOT the ribbed tongue. Infact, the tongue is (basicly) there just to keep the snow out of the boot.
This seems to really go against the original design of the Flexon--and that which gave it such smooth flex. How do you find the flex in comparison?
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh
This seems to really go against the original design of the Flexon--and that which gave it such smooth flex. How do you find the flex in comparison?

Actually, with the hinge point changed, the flex is smoother than that of the Flexon. The tongue, still being ribbed keeps the flex smooth.
post #13 of 21
Could one replace the Krypton tongue with a Flexon tongue?
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Pugliese
Actually, with the hinge point changed, the flex is smoother than that of the Flexon. The tongue, still being ribbed keeps the flex smooth.
That makes sense. I assume that the tongue design still eliminates the "pinch" caused by flexing.
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_eleven
Could one replace the Krypton tongue with a Flexon tongue?
Maybe, but why?
post #16 of 21
Hyperventilating....I just got an e-mail...Kryptons are with my rep...now to scheduling the pick up....palms sweaty...getting excited...laptop getting uncomfortable...
post #17 of 21
Standing by for boot test report.
post #18 of 21
Does this mean that those of us on the left side of the country will be getting ours soon, as well?
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_eleven
Standing by for boot test report.
I will be on snow with it on 12/5. I have a brand new pair of the reinforced Thermoflex liners incoming also. It has been over 10 years since I put my feet in anything other than a Flexon...I feel like I am cheating..I feel so cheap...NOT!
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_eleven
Does this mean that those of us on the left side of the country will be getting ours soon, as well?
Shells are here, liners will be coming later. I will ask when the boot will be released w/ liners. My guess, is they are making sure all will be right with everything. Be patent, I know I am trying to be, but it is tough. I will be posting a full report come Sunday night. Stay tuned.
post #21 of 21
Good News everyone!!!!

I just found out that the first shipment of Kryptons left the U.S. distributor yesterday (12/7) and the second batch is leaving today!!!!!! Shops should have them by the weekend!

Can't wait - they are in route!!! Dalbello wouldn't disclose who was getting the first group of boots but did say that they were trying to alocate the boots so that each shop got some.

Get on the phone boys!! IT IS HERE!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion