New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Kerry on skis - Page 2

post #31 of 49
[quote=Redline Rick]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingman
Hahaha......

Thats the most ignorant post I've ever read on epicski.

I'm 20 years old and I have:

No idea whats going on.

As matter of fact, I better go look at Websters and look up the word "ignorant" because I use it a lot & really don't know what it means.

But maybe not, my professor says keep it going, cause insults are as good as reason.

kid Garrett
Good job. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Rick
...not the place...agreed.
Everyone else was mature enough to prevent what Bill foresaw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA
This thread will degenerate into a political flame war.
Then, you showed up. You gave us a less-than-brilliant rant. Thanks for deleting it. Now drop it.
-Garrett
post #32 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachskiljp
Jeez, All I did was post a picture of Kerry skiing... I did not make a pro or anti Kerry statement at all. I'm sure there are other "famous" people who ski too. Does anyone have pictures of them to post? I have one of Bode Miller before he became an olympian...or I had one on my old computer(that burnt)...if I can find the disk I will post it.
I hear ya. Searched Google. Like many Googles...I got off topic.

http://www.fact-index.com/l/li/list_...ng_deaths.html

http://www.fact-index.com/l/li/list_...ng_deaths.html

More famous people have choked to death than skied to death.
-Garrett
post #33 of 49
So sorry. The post that Springhill Crazie referred to had to be deleted due to an error on my website.

I've uploaded the photo once again for your enjoyment. Although Springhill Crazie's wild spin on this one, sure is imaginative, I don't think it's necessary to try and dig so deep for an explanation of this very embarassing moment for Mr. Kerry.

One guy looks like he knows how to lead the team; and one guy's a bumbling poseur who's afraid to take a hit. I'm not talking politics, I'm talking passin' around the pigskin. Trust what your eyes tell you, my friends. Who'd you rather have stoppin' by your tailgate party? That's right, not some guy in a one-piece purple Bogner. You want the guy that's bringing the Texas hot sauce. Now isn't that right? And suddenly, Oh-so-obvious!
post #34 of 49
I would much rather tailgate with Mr. Bush.

That has zero to do with whether or not I'd want him running my oil company..or nation.

Mr Bush is clearly less of a dork than John Kerry. Mr. Bush's skeleton in the closet is his cheerleading experience.
-Garrett
post #35 of 49
Here's a scary thought. In an earlier thread we concluded the Kerry is skiing on some K2 Axis X's. Isn't that what Gonzo skis on?
post #36 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvemeister
So sorry. The post that Springhill Crazie referred to had to be deleted due to an error on my website.

I've uploaded the photo once again for your enjoyment. Although Springhill Crazie's wild spin on this one, sure is imaginative, I don't think it's necessary to try and dig so deep for an explanation of this very embarassing moment for Mr. Kerry.

One guy looks like he knows how to lead the team; and one guy's a bumbling poseur who's afraid to take a hit. I'm not talking politics, I'm talking passin' around the pigskin. Trust what your eyes tell you, my friends. Who'd you rather have stoppin' by your tailgate party? That's right, not some guy in a one-piece purple Bogner. You want the guy that's bringing the Texas hot sauce. Now isn't that right? And suddenly, Oh-so-obvious!
A lot of words for "no comment necessary". Boy am I getting dizzy. Party hardy boys.:
post #37 of 49

Beating a Dead Horse

Ok 1 guys from Texas and the other dude is from like Ohio or Iowa or someplace around there.: I don't vote it's my right so I don't make any comments on Politics or for that matter give a damn about it. BUT,if I had a choice on who was covering my back it'd be Ya'll. And now back to our regular scheduled program.
post #38 of 49
Bush is asking for help with the ball. No one told him what to do, hence, the quizzical look on his face.

That's just Kerry taking another hit using his Viet Nam face.
post #39 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Rick
:
What's so confusing, Redline? You deleted everything you said, and my answer to you was my post.

Let your shit stand when you write it (unless you're dead drunk that is).
post #40 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider
Ok 1 guys from Texas and the other dude is from like Ohio or Iowa or someplace around there.: I don't vote it's my right so I don't make any comments on Politics or for that matter give a damn about it. BUT,if I had a choice on who was covering my back it'd be Ya'll. And now back to our regular scheduled program.
I'm not even sure what you are saying but, uh...ok.

Back to funny famous skiing photos: Anyone find any?
post #41 of 49
Somewhere in the world there is at least one photo of Gerald Ford skiing. He's the last (and only) President I remember ever being acknowledged as a skier.

Of course, what happened was the first time he fell (that happens when you ski, you know), a bunch of reporters who'd never been on skis took it as evidence he was a klutz.

The other problem with skiing, if you're a politician, is it can make you look rich and reckless. That's less the case now than it was, say, thirty years ago, though.

Given his general socio-economic background (and the fact that, though he lived most of his life in Texas, he went to prep school and college in New England), it would be surprising to me if George W. Bush has never been on skis in his life. Maybe not recently, though. I tend to think a photo of him skiing would do more to hurt him, politically, then help, so you're unlikely to see him on skis anytime soon.

Bob Dole was an officer in the 10th Mountain Division during WWII, so I guess he must have had some ski training. I doubt he ever did it after the war, though.

There are quite a few Presidents and politicians who achieved some athletic distinction in their youth, though more often in team sports.
Bill Bradley is an obvious one.
Gerald Ford was a very good college football player.
George H.W. Bush was an excellent college baseball player.
Eisenhower was a star athlete, in football and baseball.
I don't know if judges count as policiticians, but Byron "Whizzer" White led the NFL in rushing two seasons.

Some others:
Jack Kemp
J.C. Watts
Steve Largent
Jim Ryun
post #42 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachskiljp
Jeez, All I did was post a picture of Kerry skiing... I did not make a pro or anti Kerry statement at all.
Yea teach, I'm as shocked as you. Who'd a thought a little picture of Kerry a month before one of the most emotionaly charged presidential races in years might have generated political comments. Daaahhhhh. :
post #43 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjjohnston
...
There are quite a few Presidents and politicians who achieved some athletic distinction in their youth, though more often in team sports.
Bill Bradley is an obvious one.
Gerald Ford was a very good college football player.
George H.W. Bush was an excellent college baseball player.
Eisenhower was a star athlete, in football and baseball.
I don't know if judges count as policiticians, but Byron "Whizzer" White led the NFL in rushing two seasons.

Some others:
Jack Kemp
J.C. Watts
Steve Largent
Jim Ryun
Ben Nighthorse Campbell was a Judo Olympian, wasn't he? Tom Osborne was a legendary coach; I don't know what kind of player he was.

Do Jesse Ventura and Ah-nohld count?

Outside the US, Sebastian Coe and Ken Dryden come to mind.

Is it notable that almost all of these guys (excluding Dryden and Bradley, and possibly Ventura) are part of their countries' more conservative parties? John Elway is a big Republican here in Colorado. He could have won any political office in the state a few years back. Still might be able to, but I think some of the lustre is gone. (Which still means he's worshiped as a deity, just not THE deity....)

I respect star athletes who run for political office, if only because they are taking a great risk in losing the "untouchability" they enjoyed while they were heroes. I think that's why Elway won't ever run.
post #44 of 49
article with photo of famous disabled skier: Mrs. Paul McCartney
http://skiing.about.com/library/week...thermills2.htm
post #45 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingman
I would much rather tailgate with Mr. Bush.

That has zero to do with whether or not I'd want him running my oil company..or nation.

Mr Bush is clearly less of a dork than John Kerry. Mr. Bush's skeleton in the closet is his cheerleading experience.
-Garrett
His dad was a cheerleader.
post #46 of 49
George W. Bush was a cheerleader at Andover. It was an all-boys school then. There was nothing at all embarassing about a male being a cheerleader at the time. So far as I know, he was not a cheerleader at Yale, despite press reports that get it wrong.

I don't believe George H.W. Bush was ever a cheerleader.
post #47 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjjohnston
George W. Bush was a cheerleader at Andover. It was an all-boys school then. There was nothing at all embarassing about a male being a cheerleader at the time. So far as I know, he was not a cheerleader at Yale, despite press reports that get it wrong.

I don't believe George H.W. Bush was ever a cheerleader.
Thanks for getting it straight.
post #48 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingman
Good job. :

Everyone else was mature enough to prevent what Bill foresaw:

Then, you showed up. You gave us a less-than-brilliant rant. Thanks for deleting it. Now drop it.
-Garrett
Hey-Youngsta-

DON'T EVER TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

I'll be at Cannon this year...look me up...internet big man!

Hey, have you ever met a old construction work'r thats pissed off?
post #49 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Rick
Hey-Youngsta-

DON'T EVER TELL ME WHAT TO DO!
You are about a week late, but ok.
Quote:
I'll be at Cannon this year...look me up...internet big man!
Doubtful I'll get over to Cannon, usually I only make it to NH for Mt. Washington or on the way to Maine.
Quote:
Hey, have you ever met a old construction work'r thats pissed off?
I know some that we call the "Pataki Ski Team" because they ski all winter, supposedly on their seasonal unemployment. They are nice guys and good skiers.
-Garrett
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Skiing Discussion