New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lodging for ETU

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Below are two rooming options for ETU.

Inn at the Mountain Condominiums
http://www.stowe.com/lodging/condo.php
One Bedroom Unit $189 per night
Two Bedroom Unit $279 per night
Three Bedroom Unit $389 per night

Town & Country Inn has offered us the following rates
$59 Double Occupancy
$49 Single OccupancyCall 802 253-7595 and tell them you are with the Eastern Tune-Up

They have an indoor pool, hot tub, and sauna.
post #2 of 19
Where is Town & Country with respect to the mountain (do you need a car to get to the class)? I assume that unlike Inn at the Mountain, there is no kitchen. Thanks....
post #3 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta888
Where is Town & Country with respect to the mountain (do you need a car to get to the class)? I assume that unlike Inn at the Mountain, there is no kitchen. Thanks....
Town and Country is on Vermont Rt. 108 (which is the road Stowe resort itself is on). "Downtown" Stowe itself is on Vt. Rt. 100. Yes, you need a car -- the inn is probably 4 or 5 miles from the resort itself.

Stowe did at one point (I'm not sure if they still do) run a shuttle bus that would stop at the various inns / hotels / etc., but I doubt they start it early enough for you to get to Stowe on time for all the ETU events.
post #4 of 19
Thread Starter 
You pretty much need a car no matter where you stay. Even the Inn at the Mountain is a bit of a hike unless they are running the Toll House Double by that time.
post #5 of 19
We stayed at Inn at the Mountain last year -- I think you'd want a car even if the Toll House Double is running. The room was fine but the last night when it dumped snow they had nothing open, no cafe, no bar, no room service, nothing. I'm sure there weren't many guests on a Sunday night at that time of year, but ... We decided we'd prefer somewhere closer to Stowe village, especially since we needed to drive from the Inn to the base areas anyway.
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by RISkier
We stayed at Inn at the Mountain last year -- I think you'd want a car even if the Toll House Double is running. The room was fine but the last night when it dumped snow they had nothing open, no cafe, no bar, no room service, nothing. I'm sure there weren't many guests on a Sunday night at that time of year, but ... We decided we'd prefer somewhere closer to Stowe village, especially since we needed to drive from the Inn to the base areas anyway.
You neglected to mention that the pizza delivery place the front desk suggested to us refused to deliver because the snow was so deep! And us without four-wheel drive! We ended up paying an exorbitant amount of money for a cab ride to town.
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE Queen
We ended up paying an exorbitant amount of money for a cab ride to town.

Bring XC skis, check.
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Queen
You neglected to mention that the pizza delivery place the front desk suggested to us refused to deliver because the snow was so deep! And us without four-wheel drive! We ended up paying an exorbitant amount of money for a cab ride to town.
Was this Sunday night or Monday? I want out to eat in Waitsfield (I was staying at MRG) and returned at ~8 pm. I know the snow started earlier at Stowe (I left the ETU ~5pm) but the roads were still passable for my RWD vehicle. Monday evening everything had been plowed. Now Monday morning I was glad to be walking distance to the single.
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAGMATICSKIER
Was this Sunday night or Monday? I want out to eat in Waitsfield (I was staying at MRG) and returned at ~8 pm. I know the snow started earlier at Stowe (I left the ETU ~5pm) but the roads were still passable for my RWD vehicle. Monday evening everything had been plowed. Now Monday morning I was glad to be walking distance to the single.
Sunday, don't know what time we were ready to go out. Tires on my car weren't good in the snow, thought we'd get down fine but wasn't too sure we'd get back up the hill. I was the wimpy one.
post #10 of 19
Thread Starter 
I for one hope we have this problem again.
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by epic
I for one hope we have this problem again.
AMEN
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by RISkier
Sunday, don't know what time we were ready to go out. Tires on my car weren't good in the snow, thought we'd get down fine but wasn't too sure we'd get back up the hill. I was the wimpy one.
Its always better to side on caution. While I was out Sunday night the ride back up to MRG was just doable. Stowe could have been worse. BUT the pizza place should have been prepared for that kind of weather (after all its their livelyhood).
post #13 of 19
Anybody have a report on the Two Dog Lodge, the canine-friendly b&b? We're thinking of coming to ETU with our pups.
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by RISkier
Sunday, don't know what time we were ready to go out. Tires on my car weren't good in the snow, thought we'd get down fine but wasn't too sure we'd get back up the hill. I was the wimpy one.
Thanks for mentioning that -- I like my screen name but I'd have to change it if anyone thought I was afraid to drive in a few inches of snow. And RISkier is a North Dakota native, everyone!
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansilver
Anybody have a report on the Two Dog Lodge, the canine-friendly b&b? We're thinking of coming to ETU with our pups.
I don't know anything about it other than we drove by it last year and it looked nice. My wife and I are considering staying there with our pooch too, so if you hear anything about them please share
post #16 of 19
By the way, the rate for lodging this year is EXCELLENT. About 30 bucks cheaper than last year.

So, cockroaches are dormant in December, right?

Seriously, that's a great rate for Stowe at any time of year.
post #17 of 19

Dog freindly

maybe Mark or LM can chime in on that. They brought a dog last year.
post #18 of 19
Thread Starter 
I don'y know much about Two Dogs except that it is at least well kept and looks nice when I drive by.
post #19 of 19
Two Dogs Lodge used to be the Scandinavian Inn. I stayed there about 15 years ago. It was nice then.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Epicski Academy