or Connect
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go › Epicski Academy › ESA Driving from Colorado to Big Sky
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ESA Driving from Colorado to Big Sky

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
Lisamarie: I will start the new thread.

I have made reservations from Saturday January 22 through Friday January 28 at the Huntley. I am not tied to those dates other than I have to be back at work the Monday following ESA. I imagine the hotel reservations are flexible at this time. I will call tomorrow to make sure. I am sure we can work out the schedule.
post #2 of 22
That may work. I'm pretty flexible, as long as I'm back to work on Monday. Will you be in Denver or Breck on the 22nd? If you're in Denver, if Scott decides to go, he can pick me up in Frisco at about 5:45, we can go to Dillon and pick up my stuff, and he can park his car in my parking space. From there, we load up the van, and either head down to Denver to pick up you and DP, or stop to pick up anyone else. Or if you're in Breck, you just do the whole ride with us.

Like Mark mentioned in the other thread, I can take 5 people who are confident drivers in snowy conditions. We have a box on top plus ski racks, some room in the trunk, plus some floor space we have a seat removed for Giselle [who is not coming. Woof!]
post #3 of 22
FWIW, if I don't manage to convince some of my friends that the ESA will really benefit them and get them to attend, I may be looking for a carpool, as well. I have not made my hotel reservations yet, however.
post #4 of 22
Giselle is not coming? I guess I won't bring Spencer, then!

LM, there is a possibility I may only be able to come one way- may need to fly back to DIA on Friday morning. I should know more in the next couple of weeks. I also may have convinced another person from Denver to come, who would also be looking to drive. Let me know if hte car is full.
post #5 of 22
Hey DP! I don't think the lodge allows dogs. Also, if people have lots of gear, she would take up some space. The few other people who are tentatively interested really want to be there by late Saturday night, so that they can get some warm-up runs in on Sunday morning. Since Mark is flying back to Boston on Sunday, I will be heading back on Sunday morning.

If people are interested in travelling within that time frame, let me know ASAP.
As the Academy Fitness Coach, I will be able to give stretch breaks in between driving durations.
post #6 of 22
LM, does this mean that you have to leave on Saturday during the day, or is Sat evening still the plan? The earliest that I could go would be about 6:30pm.
post #7 of 22
Probably early morning, given that a few people who are interested in coming really want to ski on Sunday.
post #8 of 22
So, I just signed up (right under the deadline), and will probably want to head up on Saturday, as well. Returning any time after the event ends, but ideally on Saturday to have Sunday to handle "stuff" at home before going back to work on Monday.

I can drive, but my Integra isn't exactly spacious!
post #9 of 22
Well, like I said, I have room for 5 other people. So far, 3 are tentative, and all live in Summit County. Would you be able to get out here? Maybe anyone who is interested should arrange to meet up sometime soon. We probably need to make some decisions, since the airfare can go way up if we wait too long.
post #10 of 22
LM, I'm happy to meet up, and I can certainly drive up there to start the trip.

BTW, I'll be driving, regardless...
post #11 of 22
Skier 31 and I met up last night. We will be leaving early Saturday morning, the day before the Academy, and returning early Sunday, the day after the Academy. If this fits people's plans, please let us know soon. It's only financially feasible if at least 3 people are coming. Preferably, at least one person should be comforatble driving in any conditions.
post #12 of 22
Just bumping this to the top, since it's getting close. So far there are just the two of us. If you're thinking of coming along, can you let us no pretty soon. We're kind of getting close to the time where airfares will be going up. Thanks!
post #13 of 22
And I just put good mud+snow all-terrain tires on the van, so it should be good to go. Lowers the "getting stuck in Wyoming" factor
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisamarie
Skier 31 and I met up last night. We will be leaving early Saturday morning, the day before the Academy, and returning early Sunday, the day after the Academy. If this fits people's plans, please let us know soon. It's only financially feasible if at least 3 people are coming. Preferably, at least one person should be comforatble driving in any conditions.
Hi, LM... I'm planning on coming back on Saturday, not Sunday, and I have another friend who is joining me. We could all go, of course, but the timing isn't the same... :
post #15 of 22
I can switch to a Saturday return. I just PM'd Skier 31 to see if she can. Airfares seem to be going up to the $400s. EEK!
post #16 of 22
Thread Starter 
Returning on Saturday is fine with me.
post #17 of 22
Cool! That leaves room for 2 more. BTW, I'm only bringing one pair of skis, but between the box on top, the racks and the extra floor space, people can bring more than one if need be. At some point, we should figure this out. I may be bringing some stuff for fitness sessions, but that won't take up too much room.
post #18 of 22
Hey maybe there's only room for one more!

My plans for still working back east for a few more months are looking sketchier by the minute (he says as he's working on a Saturday and Sunday morning : when he should have been heading down to NYC to see a new play...)
post #19 of 22
Well now that Mark is official, we only have room for one more. Should we draw lots?
Pretty soon, we should start talking about logistics. If people want to get an early start, I can make my secret recipe French Toast for everyone in the morning!
post #20 of 22
I've been swamped and I haven't gotten with Tim, yet. Let me make sure I do that before you guys wrap your schedule around mine!
post #21 of 22

Not going to work...

I spoke with Tim tonight, and we're going to need to go up from here instead of coming up to Summit. I'm sorry, guys! Please forgive me! We're going to go up through Cheyenne both to save time and to allow us to handle some things down here. I'm afraid you'll have to count us out...
post #22 of 22
Ok, back to 3 more spots. Leaving Saturday morning, can return either Saturday or SUNDAY.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Epicski Academy
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › Getting Together, Gatherings and Let's Go › Epicski Academy › ESA Driving from Colorado to Big Sky