My Email to Jay on July 30th
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 10:21 PM
Subject: Attention Jay C. / Re: dynastars
Over the past several seasons, I have enjoyed shopping though your company & Ebay. I am however rather disappointed in our last transaction. As I have told you on the phone, I had won an auction for a pair of new Limited Edition Dynastar Skis & Look Bindings. In the past, your shipments never took longer that 3-4 days. After not receiving the items I sent 2 separate Emails to your business. Both Emails went without reply / answer. I gave your shop the benefit of the doubt & continued to wait for the products.
After two weeks I called & was given the run around about the skis needing to be mounted. I informed your employee that I had specifically requested that the skis NOT be mounted. I was then told that the skis/bindings were going out that same day.
Again I continued to wait for the shipment. As of Friday, four weeks had passed & I again phoned your store. This time I was told that the skis were not available & that they were in fact "sold out." Your employee offered me a downgrade to a Ski Cross 9. Why on earth would anyone want to go from a Limited Edition ski to Ski Cross 9 that was 2 seasons old? I was also offered a refund at this time.
Concerned about this situation, I decided that I would rather speak to you directly. This took 4 more separate phone calls & up to 20 minutes waiting on hold. I was under the impression that we were going to be able to work out a mutually acceptable compromise. I was impressed that you offered a 2005 Dynastar Ski Cross in exchange for the mishap. While I was not entirely sure this was the ski I was after, I was satisfied with our progress. It was my understanding that you were to be in contact with me once you had time to fully examine what had gone wrong with my transaction & checked your stock.
You can imagine my surprise when I checked my email tonight only to find that my purchase had in fact been totally refunded. I was apparently mistaken that we were attempting to come to an agreeable solution. I do understand that mistakes are possible, that we have had excellent dealings in the past & that I would never insist on you finding a ski that no longer exists on this continent. What I fail to understand is when exactly was your shop planning on telling me that I was not going to be shipped anything? Why was I not notified of the stock shortage? And finally, how did we seem to go from "lets work this out" to an informal PayPal refund notice.
While I feel it is quite unfortunate to have come to this point, I will be left with no other option than to report this incident to Ebay if this correspondence is not dealt with appropriately. I would again like to remind you that not only did I pay for the items shortly after the close of the auction, but that your shop even left positive feedback for me after the transaction. After 4 week of waiting, my patience is fully expired.