Originally Posted by powdog
1. Do the Look P12's go up to DIN 14?
2. What is the running surface (area between both snow contact points) of a 190cm Gotama?
Note: seeing as how the Gotama is a twin-tip (as in the Explosiv two seasons ago), it's crucial for a fat powder ski to float in just about everything - crud, mank, corn snow, Sierra Cement, etc.
3. Will you sell the Gotamas without the bindings?
My personal preference is high-end Salomon bindings, and a friend of mine sold me new S914 for a great deal last season.
4. What's your asking price for the Gotamas?
1. P-12 go to a DIN of 12. P-14 to 14.
2. I have no clue, but probably in the 185 range. They are big, fat and float like a dream. It is a twin tip, a full twin, not like the Explosive. I've got them both, the Explosive curls up just a little bit, the Gotama is a full twin and you can ride them switch in powder, Explosive will dig in on you. They float in everything I've ever skied them in, Wasatch pow, crud, cement, etc. 110 underfoot. Softer than the Explosive, therefore quicker to the surface. Land smoother than butter off cliffs, but will whip a turn in the trees. Easier to ski than the Explosive.
3. Gotamas will be sold with the bindings. I will however sell the ski alone, but for the same price. I've got Look p-12's up the yin-yang.
4. The new owner of the Gotamas will offer me somplace in the $525 range, but I am willing to 'work' with the right buyer.
EDIT: The Gotama is 105 underfoot, not 110.