If you don't have Vancouver accomodations and want to stay in a bed & breakfast, stay at www.thistle-down.com.
We've been going since '96.
- Punjabi market for Indian food, jewelry, great fabrics, interesting place
- UBC Museum of Anthropology - awesome collection of northwest indian art, great carvings, jewelry, you can wander thru their research collections.
- Shopping. I prefer Granville St (not the island) to Robson. Good galleries, interesting variety of stores.
- Great beaches - Jericho beach, English Bay
- Eat at Tangerine and Vijay's restaurant.
- If you need good cheap outdoor equipment, go to MEC (Like rei of Canada, reliable well designed functional gear, everything's on sale if you're buying with US dollars)
- I've skied at Grouse, it is fun for a change and on a clear day you get an awesome view over Vancouver. Well worth a couple of hrs for the 15 min drive.