EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › International Zone › Hokkaido?? Arrive on Sunday... bad idea?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hokkaido?? Arrive on Sunday... bad idea?

post #1 of 2
Thread Starter 

Hi folks - Need some help here... Some friends and I are leaving for Japan this saturday with plans to fly to Sapporo and then stay in Niseko for the first three nights of our two week trip. Next weekend we were planning to head south to Hakkoda and then onto Tenjin or Hukuba but given the forecasts (recent and for next week) we're questioning if we should just pay the $200 change flight fee and just go straight to Hakuba which is forecasted to get almost 100inches between now and next Friday. Some friends want to stay in Niseko/Hokkaido and myself and others want to chase the pow.

 

Looking at recent snowfall and the upcoming forecast we are quite concerned that there really hasnt been much fresh snow in Hokkiado and there isnt in the forecast till at least Friday.  We are looking for sidecountry, Off-Piste, woods skiing in deep pow. Maybe even a BC day or two... Any insights into if bailing is a good given forecast and our objectives or bad idea (ie well XYZ resort will have fresh pow unlike hakuba for days... ). Cortina seems like the obvious place as an alternative to start in hakuba. We were excited to check out Furano, Ashidake, Kurodake, Rusutsu, if there would be deep pow skiing but it just doesnt seem like that's going to be the case. Any insights would be GREATLY appreciated! We fly through tokyo so getting to will be a much shorter trip. 

 

Cheers, 

 

Morgan

post #2 of 2

PM'd you.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: International Zone
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › EpicSki Community › International Zone › Hokkaido?? Arrive on Sunday... bad idea?