EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Volkl V-Werks CODE UVO - how stiff?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Volkl V-Werks CODE UVO - how stiff?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Dears,

I found a good deal with a pair of 176 cm Volkl V-Werks CODE UVO (the 2015/2016 model) but I wonder how stiff they are compared to the standard CODE L. Anybody had the opportunity of testing them both? I am concerned that the more advanced construction on the Werks could make them too stiff for me to carve.

I am 158 lb advanced skier, mostly cruising (moderate to moderate/high speed) on piste with an occasional ventures just off the side of groomed path.

 

Thanks for any help you could provide.

 

Take care,

BB

post #2 of 10
English correction. "Dears" might be applied to your grandchildren, but not anyone else. "Dudes", "Guys", "Folks", and others might be used equivalently, but generally we just launch into what we want to say here. Using Dears, Dearie, etc. is a good way to tick people off instantly. Dear Mr. Clark as the introduction to a written letter is fine. Don't use it otherwise.

For your future reference. I know the ins and outs of a language you didn't grow up with is tricky.
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 

Point taken, will stay away from salutation in this context. However you sure realize that in other English speaking communities "dudes", "guys" and "folks" are equally ticking people off :-)

 

Take care,

BB

post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibhusky View Post

English correction. "Dears" might be applied to your grandchildren, but not anyone else. "Dudes", "Guys", "Folks", and others might be used equivalently, but generally we just launch into what we want to say here. Using Dears, Dearie, etc. is a good way to tick people off instantly. Dear Mr. Clark as the introduction to a written letter is fine. Don't use it otherwise.

For your future reference. I know the ins and outs of a language you didn't grow up with is tricky.


Well, it's true what you say, Sib, but I thought it was charming. :D

 

Yes, the most difficult aspect of any language is the idiom — that which people use. Prepositions are the hard, usually; that's idiomatic, too.

post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbanzai View Post
 

Point taken, will stay away from salutation in this context. However you sure realize that in other English speaking communities "dudes", "guys" and "folks" are equally ticking people off :-)

 

Take care,

BB


Well, you wouldn't want to call Sib a dude, 'cause she's not. "Guys" would be ok, though I'm not sure why.

post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 
Lacking feedback I pulled the trigger. Will let you know as soon as we get first snow in Europe. Take care, BB


Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
post #7 of 10
How are they?
post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 
They are great allrounders. No stiffer than the Racetiger GS but more relaxing to ski: as stable at high speed as the GS, comparable carvers in most conditions (although perceivably less responsive on freshly groomed piste), more forgiving on end-of-day mess. Maybe it's the less extreme profile, maybe it's the 500 grams less weight ... whatever it is I get to the late afternoon with still plenty of fuel in my legs, which does not happen when I ski the SL or GS.

Take care,
BB
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbanzai View Post

They are great allrounders. No stiffer than the Racetiger GS but more relaxing to ski: as stable at high speed as the GS, comparable carvers in most conditions (although perceivably less responsive on freshly groomed piste), more forgiving on end-of-day mess. Maybe it's the less extreme profile, maybe it's the 500 grams less weight ... whatever it is I get to the late afternoon with still plenty of fuel in my legs, which does not happen when I ski the SL or GS.

Take care,
BB

I think it's got a wider waist and tip then ur GS boards which will certainly help in the crud
post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixinbones View Post


I think it's got a wider waist and tip then ur GS boards which will certainly help in the crud

Indeed: 76 mm for the Code vs 67 mm for the GS 

 

I did not expect 10 mm difference to make such a perceivable difference though. In fact the other ski which I handle well in crud is a very narrow (and very heavy) Atomic FIS SL with 66 mm waist, however this just kills my stamina by mid-day.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ski Gear Discussion
EpicSki › The Barking Bear Forums › On the Snow (Skiing Forums) › Ski Gear Discussion › Volkl V-Werks CODE UVO - how stiff?