Originally Posted by LiquidFeet
Do you have any long-term accumulative counts on which subforums get the most unique unregistered users per day?
At one point I drafted a list of the "top ten" subforms for a potential thread or article for newbies. I looked at numbers for the active ones at various times for about a week during the North American ski season. My sense from looking at New Posts in the last few years is that the patterns are pretty consistent. Fair to say that long time members who are active posters, newbies (to skiing/boarding and/or EpicSki), and lurkers probably have different interests.
* General Skiing - On the Snow
* Ski Gear - On The Snow
* Resorts, Conditions and Travel - Mountain/Resort
* Fitness, . . ., Injury, Recovery - Ski Training
* Ski Instruction - Ski Training
* Trip Reports - EpicSki Community
* Getting Together - EpicSki Community
* International Zone - EpicSki Community (countries outside North America)
* Family Skiing - Mountain/Resort
* Beginner Zone - Ski Training
Skiing News (in EpicSki Community) and Ask The Boot Guys (in On The Snow) are also active but are special situations since few members start threads in Skiing News and only members of the EpicSki Bootfitter Team can reply in Boot Guys threads.
Lurkers can be non-members or members who have never posted or who rarely post. The advantage of being a lurking member who never posts is being able to use Subscriptions to track threads of interest and to let the system automatically track which posts a member has already read.