I've got two trips out West already planned for this coming season and am planning a third in the first week of February and have narrowed it down to Whistler or Alta/Snowbird. I have never been to Whistler before but have spent time the last two seasons at Alta and Snowbird and know that I love it there. I have the Mountain Collective and am thinking that "it's now or never" to take advantage of the favorable exchange rate and at least see what all the fuss is about at the biggest and baddest resort on the continent. Presently, I am leaning 75/25 in favor of Whistler mainly because I've never been there before. Due to the weaker Canadian dollar, I can make a 5-day trip to Whistler for the same cost as a 4-day trip staying at Goldminer's Daughter at Alta.
Advantages of Whistler:
1) I've never been there before.
2) #1 resort in NA according to SKI magazine (surely that counts for something, right?)
3) U.S. dollars go a little farther (supposedly)
4) Over 8,000 acres of skiable terrain
Advantages of Alta/Snowbird:
1) No chance of rain there in February
2) Love staying at Goldminer's Daughter and having all of my meals included
3) Easier travel (but might be tempted to rent a car to visit Snowbasin or Park City for a day)
What would you do if you were me?