As winter is arriving so are the prizes; from October until the end of the season we will have monthly prizes for our winner(s). This month we have two prizes for our winner! First is a two nights stay at Vail's only botique hostel (they've got craft beer!) the Vail Bunkhouse thanks to @Townicus. The second prize for our winner is a copy of The Ski Journal signed by Nick McNutt; this years first edition details the founding of the legendary Teton Gravity Research media productions and more. Thanks to @Wibby for that.
- The image must be your own and taken during the month of October 2016.
- Please submit one image per post; you can submit up to three images/posts per month.
- Please put a brief description of the image (where, what, when, or any other interesting details).
- Voters can vote for as many images as they like.
- Images do not need to be SOTC (straight out of the camera), standard editing and even HDR shots are welcome and encouraged. However please do not submit composite shots** in the contest thread as the idea is the best image you can capture rather than the best picture that you can create in Photoshop.
Also not a rule, but an explanation. Please vote for the images you like! At the bottom of the post there is a little thumbs up button, please click it!
**composite shots meaning using two unrelated and completely different shots to make one image, ie putting the sky from one shot with the foreground of a shot from a different location.