I'm happy to start this "official" thread for the 2017 Mid-Atlantic Gathering!!
2017 Mid-Atlantic Gathering
February 24-26, 2017
Timberline Four Seasons Resort, Davis, WV
Timberline was chosen based on some discussion and informal voting in the early discussion thread. I've never been there, so I'm very excited to check it out for the first time! My understanding is that it's a good mix of terrain - some steeps and bumps, moderate to difficult blues, long easy greens, and glades if the conditions are good. Depending on what everyone wants to do, Canaan Valley Resort is also nearby and could be skied as well.
This thread will also serve as the general Q&A, planning, and roll-call thread. Folks will probably be joining up to share housing, and we can use this thread for that, along with any other discussion. Typically there is a rental house or two that everyone pitches in on to keep costs down and cameraderie up! And this tends to be more of a family affair than some EpicSki events, so kids who ski are very welcome! (And kids who snowboard too I suppose. )
I'm going to keep the roll-call in this first post. If you are coming, just post it in the thread, and I'll update the roll. Please tell me who all is coming (i.e. if you're bringing family or friends too), and whether you are looking to share housing.
Here's the current roll (updated 10/5/17) :
1. dbostedo - Definite shared housing
2. MarzNC - Definite shared housing
3. ohioskier - Maybe shared housing
4. crgildart + 2 (kids) - Definite shared housing
5. cantunamunch + 1 - Definite shared housing (double/queen bed)
6. kitchener + 2 (16 yo, 11 yo boys) - Definite shared housing
7. levy1 - Definite shared housing
8. ddanks + 1 (13 yo daughter) - Definite shared housing
9. Laurel Hill Crazie & as many of the Crazie Crew I can muster
10. WD65 + 2 (13 yo girl, 17 yo boy) - Definite shared housing
11. NJSkier + 1 - Maybe shared housing
12. jimmy + 1 (Greta)
13. Old Boot - As long as work cooperates, and Maybe shared housing