I think it is, but just in case, does anyone know of any other options that would give a better bang for the buck? Last year I did the Epic pass for 6 days in Breckenridge, it seems to be a similar situation for PC. Thanks in advance
- brandPark Citytagged by marznc, 9/27/16
Related Forum Threads
- Where should I go for a ski vacation? [Feb family trip, non-skiing mom, from MA] Last post on 10/8/16 at 6:28am in General Skiing Discussion
- 2016-17 Utah weather, news, and chat Last post on 10/20/16 at 4:32pm in General Skiing Discussion
- The "Park City Effect": UT Records Best Skier Visits Last post on 7/27/16 at 8:19pm in Skiing News
- Easiest Mountain in Utah? Last post on 7/10/16 at 5:40pm in General Skiing Discussion
- PCMR 3/28 - 4/2 Last post on 4/16/16 at 10:29am in Trip Reports
2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
Last edited: 10/24/16
- Park City, UT - A PictorialLast edited: 9/20/15
Great performance , tecnica design is outstanding
The Cyclic is now in its 4th season with the only change being the top sheet graphics each year. No reason to change this ski, it is nearly flawless. Wider tip with rocker, camber, and tail rocker...
Nord-Dobe-Spitfire Pro EDT. GOD-HELL !! This is another ONE. Smooth. Damp. Grip. NO Chatter -At All. Warp-Drive. Nice transition from slip to grip. BIG SWEET SPOT. These were also the...
This is my home resort so I admit, I'm biased. But, I have been skiing seriously at Sunrise since 2009. It's located in the White Mountains of eastern Arizona. The main towns in the area are...
The mountain was almost lost a few years back, but the rally was made and it seems on solid ground. A very relaxed atmosphere and a nice lodge. Excellent crowded weekend escape from Sunday...
- Park City, UT - A Pictorial
6 days in Park City - is the Epic Pass the best deal?
Vail resorts (including Breck and PC) don't offer discounts through any other means than pre-purchasing online through their own websites. (Assuming you're not an employee.) Even the "ski with a friend" passes that you can get aren't cheaper than the multi-day online pre-purchase rates.
You should, however, check out the various Epic deals. Looking at 6 days, for a non-Utah resident, the Epic 7-day pass, or the Epic Day multi-day lift ticket would be your options. The Epic Day pass prices will vary quite a bit depending on when you're going to be there.
For instance, assuming mid-January, the 6-day Epic Day pass (good for 6 of 10 days), is $674. Whereas, buying an Epic 7-day pass would be cheaper, even though you don't need 7 days, at $629 if you can buy before October 9th.
Last year I decided that the Epic Pass was not the best for me for 6 days, by a hair. By ordering your pass 7+ days in advance you get a 20% discount off the walk-up price. 6 days was right on the cusp. 7 days would have been better with the pass. 5 days clearly favored daily. BTW, even ordering the next day's pass, either online or on the telephone gets 10% off the walk-up price. One member of my group is a fair weather skier and she didn't want to commit to going out until she knew the next day's conditions. Another thing to consider is age: The over-65 discount combined with daily lift ticket advance purchase discount greatly widens the gap. There is no old person discount for the season pass.
I just remembered: I skied one day at Deer Valley, so I must have pre-purchased 5 days at PC. So, the inflection point must have been at 5 days, not 6.
Thanks all, very useful. It sounds like the pass might be the easier way to go, if any other savings are to be had over it they would be minimal, and not worth the extra work. Besides, will be cool to have the option to go to a different resort if the fancy strikes...
Maybe consider buying a full epic pass then picking up the buddy passes with it for the fair weather friends? Not sure if it helps but we did a few things with park city over the years having a wife and three kids... Each was the most economical:
3 kids season passes and PCMR ticket books from Costco. No longer available, but the cheapest option.
2 Full season epic passes for us and purchased frinds/buddy passes for the kids each day they went out.
5 Epic passes for all five of us. We invited friends up for the holidays/new years and they'll get the buddy passes.
I would STRONGLY consider the full epic pass for you and se if your able to get back there or other resorts they serve over the season. I was fortunate enough to hav e the season passes and re-routed my flights back to Phoenix through SLC ;) I used it more since I had it available and the flights on Southwest are super cheap for us now. Just a thought for you
- 6 days in Park City - is the Epic Pass the best deal?
- › CO Man ordered to pay $260,000 in damages from skiing accident 2 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 Colorado Weather Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › How do i go from snow plow to a complete parallel turn? 5 minutes ago
- › How do I know if my ski binding position is in the proper place for... 13 minutes ago
- › February: Big White vs Sun Peaks vs SilverStar 14 minutes ago
- › Whistler 2017 Gathering- General Info, Questions and Advice Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Telluride March 11-18 2017 20 minutes ago
- › Best ski location on the east coast??? 21 minutes ago
- › 2015 Fischer Motive 95 180cm quick review 25 minutes ago
- › 2016-2017 Four Corners (S.CO/AZ/NM) Weather Discussion 25 minutes ago
- › Tecnica Diablo Race Pro 110 Ski Boot - Men's by CowTown
- › 2015 Head Cyclic 115 Ski by snokat
- › 2014 Nordica Dobermann SLR EVO Ski by g-force
- › Sunrise Park Resort by mitchsb
- › Black Mountain of Maine by Maineac
- › Camden Snow Bowl by Maineac
- › Mt. Abram Family Resort by Maineac
- › Shawnee Peak Ski Area by Maineac
- › Chepelare by Tom Tough
- › 2014 K2 AMP Charger Ski by Jhernon
- › Undeterred Courage: An Interview with High...
- › Park City 2.0
- › Forsake Sneakerboots - The Convergence of...
- › Feeder Hill Highlights - Snow Ridge Ski Area...
- › EpicSki Interview with James Niehues
- › 2017 Nordica Women's Santa Ana Skis
- › 2017 Nordica Men's Alpine Ski Collection
- › Head Joy Collection - Women's Skis Done...
- › 2016/17 Multi-Pass Options
- › Learn to Ski in Summer