Some information people may be curious to know:
* Where are you sliding on snow the most?
* How often do you hope to make it to the slopes this season?
* Do you usually ski alone? Or do you meet up with others?
* Do you rent or own ski/snowboard gear?
* Do you ski mostly on weekends? Or is midweek possible?
Female, 5'4", ~130 lbs. Level: low intermediate (cautious). Skis I use: 143 cm Dynastar. Live in Northern Virginia. I have been posting few discussions here since I joined the site last year.
I had my 1st never ever ski lesson in Breckenridge, CO in 2009 when I was in my mid 30's. The 1st experience was so awful that I never wanted to ski again and don't understand why people are crazy about this sport. In 2010, my friend and her husband invited me to go skiing at Snowshoe, WV. Only reason I went because of the food, not skiing. We planned for a hot pot dinner (a traditional Chinese winter comfort food) and I was very excited about that. At Snowshoe, I took couple lessons and had a great instructor. Fast forward, now I am a snow addict and visit this site often to learn more about the sport. (moral of the story, if you try something new the first time and it is difficult, you must try the 2nd time.)
Back to OP's questions:
1) Where are you sliding on snow the most?
Mostly Liberty and Whitetail (preferred) in PA because of the close proximity.
2) How often do you hope to make it to the slopes this season?
As often as I can (in order to continue improving my techniques). Excluding local trips (to PA and WV), I have 4 one-wk out of town ski trips planned out.
3) Do you usually ski alone? Or do you meet up with others?
50-50. The friends I normally ski with, they prefer to stay local or within drivable distance. If local, I usually ski with them.
If west coast, I travel solo and try to meet up with others (if I can), or join mountain tours to ski with the group.
After few years of skiing, I find skiing with others is more fun. Only wish I could have more ski friends.
4) Do you rent or own ski/snowboard gear?
I own my gear, Dynastar 143 cm. I am in the market for longer skis next season.
5) Do you ski mostly on weekends? Or is midweek possible?
Weekends! Midweek is not possible because of work commitment.