New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PA/DE/So. NJ 2016/2017 - Page 4

post #91 of 162

Spring conditions today at Blue. Sure to be followed by an icy start tomorrow.

post #92 of 162

Last minute change of plans - going to meet a couple of friends at JF tomorrow. They are 100% open which is a nice plus.

post #93 of 162
Thread Starter 

I'll be either there or Camelback on Sunday.  Let me know if they are letting any bumps form on Exhibition

post #94 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJskier164 View Post
 

I'll be either there or Camelback on Sunday.  Let me know if they are letting any bumps form on Exhibition

Will do.

post #95 of 162

All set to be at CBK this Sunday with WD65 and an assortment of kids. 

 

And I just booked a room a little further north so we can do Elk over MLK weekend.

post #96 of 162
Thread Starter 

If anyone wants to try to use liftopia vouchers and hope they don;t ask for ID, we accidentally purchased two lift ticket to Jack Frost for this Monday.  You can have them and if you are able to get tickets, you can send something.  Otherwise they will go to waste.

 

edit: also good at Big Boulder for evening skiing


Edited by NJskier164 - 1/8/17 at 3:08am
post #97 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJskier164 View Post
 

I'll be either there or Camelback on Sunday.  Let me know if they are letting any bumps form on Exhibition

Sorry I didn't check in sooner. I ended up staying over Sat. night at a friend's place close to JFBB. No bumps on exhibition yet, but they did leave that section ungroomed so it's likely just a matter of time.
It was a cold one this weekend- especially Sunday AM!! I was done by 11:30 yesterday, got a ton of runs in early though.

post #98 of 162
Thread Starter 

I was at Jack Frost yesterday.  Yeah, pretty cold in the AM but actually tolerable.  I saw they had groomed skiers left on Exhibition but it was pretty chunky, the right side was much better.  I found a small patch of bumps on Challenge, maybe 5  turns worth LOL.  We were on the slopes for about an hour at a time; thankfully there weren't a lot of people that actually came as the lodge was nowhere near as crowded as I have sometimes seen on very cold days (I remember one day that I ended up eating lunch standing up as there were no seats to be found).  

We left about 2:00, parking lots were very empty compared to a usual weekend. As a result, I got plenty of runs in and the snow stayed decent.

post #99 of 162

Anyone know of any demo days on nearby mountains coming up?

post #100 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJskier164 View Post
 

I was at Jack Frost yesterday.  Yeah, pretty cold in the AM but actually tolerable.  I saw they had groomed skiers left on Exhibition but it was pretty chunky, the right side was much better.  I found a small patch of bumps on Challenge, maybe 5  turns worth LOL.  We were on the slopes for about an hour at a time; thankfully there weren't a lot of people that actually came as the lodge was nowhere near as crowded as I have sometimes seen on very cold days (I remember one day that I ended up eating lunch standing up as there were no seats to be found).  

We left about 2:00, parking lots were very empty compared to a usual weekend. As a result, I got plenty of runs in and the snow stayed decent.

We definitely crossed paths then... I had a full and cold day Saturday there (and an employee's guest discount ticket for Sunday) so I was feeling quite satisfied after 3.5 hours.
Plus I left the wife to clean up after the little bit of snow we got on Saturday in Philly, so figured I better get my tail home on the early side Sunday ;)



 

post #101 of 162
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjjon View Post
 

Anyone know of any demo days on nearby mountains coming up?

Blue MOuntain Feb 22. Tickets need to be purchased at Buckmans

post #102 of 162
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyum215 View Post
 

We definitely crossed paths then... I had a full and cold day Saturday there (and an employee's guest discount ticket for Sunday) so I was feeling quite satisfied after 3.5 hours.
Plus I left the wife to clean up after the little bit of snow we got on Saturday in Philly, so figured I better get my tail home on the early side Sunday ;)



 

I'm sure we did...probably multiple times  LOL  I was in south Jersey Saturday, they got about 7 inches.

post #103 of 162

WD65 and I, plus a passel of kids, will be at Elk Saturday.  Not sure on Sunday, yet -- either Elk again, or Montage, or back to Camelback (depending on crowd reports!).

post #104 of 162
Thread Starter 

I'm looking ahead towards next weekend.  If anyone wants to try to GTG, post up

post #105 of 162

Anybody have a crowd report/ ice condition report from Elk or Montage.  the cam feed doesn't show lift areas..

post #106 of 162
Jack Frost was the busiest I've ever seen, but it is MLK weekend. Lines weren't bad on the east side of the mountain. I imagine Blue and Camelback were creep shows.
post #107 of 162
Elk has been perfect. No lift line issues. We've been surprised. Thought it'd be more crowded than it is. After the earlier week warm-up, there's some ice lurking under the snow here and there but over all just fine. We were keeping our options open regarding Elk, Montage, or CBK tomorrow but we're thinking Elk again Sunday.
post #108 of 162
Thread Starter 

I looked at the Camelback webcam around 11:30 am, actually wasn't as bad as a typical Saturday.  I'm sure the warm weather/refreeze made people think twice.  

 

Kitchener, I think a second day at Elk is a good idea...there may be more crowds tomorrow at most of the lower Pocono areas.

post #109 of 162

Elk tomorrow, likely JF Sunday (weather permitting). Don't think we'll be needing too many layers this weekend... 

post #110 of 162
Thread Starter 

Nothing for me this weekend...been sick all week and have family visiting.  Have fun!

post #111 of 162
Heavy snow but a lot of bite at Elk today. The crew enjoyed it. Spring like fun. JF tomorrow...
post #112 of 162
Heading to Elk on Saturday with two ski buddies, weather looks accommodating for a change. After that , headed to Mt Snow with the wife and son for a 4 day weekend on Feb. 3-6. Long-range forecast again looks promising! biggrin.gif
post #113 of 162

Nice- I'm hoping to get a day in Saturday as well, not quite sure where yet though... Elk is always preferred but not sure if I want to do that round trip drive if I'm solo. 
Work is going to have me pretty crazy (and out of town often) in February so sadly this may be it for me until March.
Fingers crossed we have a strong second half!

post #114 of 162
Spring conditions at Blue today, but at least they held up well after two days of rain.
post #115 of 162
Sunday at CBK here.
post #116 of 162
Thread Starter 

FYI, Bear Creek has decided to close for Friday and Saturday, tentatively reopening Sunday.  Seems like this warm wet weather has taken it's toll on the snow conditions there.

post #117 of 162
Thread Starter 

Sad news that a snowboarder died at Camelback last night, two weeks after a skier died at Shawnee 

post #118 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJskier164 View Post
 

Sad news that a snowboarder died at Camelback last night, two weeks after a skier died at Shawnee 


Oh man, that's terrible :(  Hit a tree or something? I tried looking on philly.com but didn't see anything about it.

I'm hitting JF again tomorrow- I have a couple of friends who are "locals" there so going to meet them. I'm almost a local there myself at this point... lol

post #119 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyum215 View Post
 


Oh man, that's terrible :(  Hit a tree or something? I tried looking on philly.com but didn't see anything about it.

I'm hitting JF again tomorrow- I have a couple of friends who are "locals" there so going to meet them. I'm almost a local there myself at this point... lol

 

According to this he "went off the trail", which I would assume means he hit trees :

 

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-tannersville-snowboafrder-dies-in-accident-at-camelback-20170127-story.html

post #120 of 162

Wow, that's scary.   

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home